SiouxSports.com Forum

Adrian Peterson wants trade to Cowboys

Because Jerry Jones would love to have him as a feature attraction and Jones has an ego as big as the state of Texas.  When he wants something, he will pay what it takes to get it.  I am thinking he is involved in this whole thing somehow.

Say what you want about Jones and his ego, the way he has built his team the past few years by doing the smart and sure thing instead of the flashy or vogue thing is pretty strong proof that he gets it, regardless of what the critics say. His approach is not what it used to be a decade plus ago and he won't mortgage all that to trade for Peterson.

Say what you want about Jones and his ego, the way he has built his team the past few years by doing the smart and sure thing instead of the flashy or vogue thing is pretty strong proof that he gets it, regardless of what the critics say.  He won't mortgage all that to trade for Peterson.

It is possible he has changed his thinking; I just cannot forget him getting rid of the architect of the 1990's dynasty (Jimmy Johnson) because he couldn't get along with him on a personal level.  They could easily have won 4 or 5 consecutive Super Bowls if Johnson had stuck around.

It is possible he has changed his thinking; I just cannot forget him getting rid of the architect of the 1990's dynasty (Jimmy Johnson) because he couldn't get along with him on a personal level.  They could easily have won 4 or 5 consecutive Super Bowls if Johnson had stuck around.

It wasn't Jimmy Johnson leaving that caused the Cowboys to go down the drain. If Troy Aikman didn't have so many concussion and if Michael Irvin didn't get into trouble with cocaine(in 1996) and receive a spinal cord injury in a game in 1999, they could've won more.

I don't know about that, he rushed for over 2,000 yards the season after blowing out his knee.  I think people are writing him off way too soon; he still has some gas left in the tank.

Just on the eye test he lost a little.......that didn't mean he wasn't still an elite back, just slightly less elite. 

This is where the ego of Jerry Jones comes into play.  When Jerry Jones wants something, he will overpay to get it.  The Vikings could use that to their advantage.

I could see that almost kinda like last years draft where he wanted Manziel so bad and woulda drafted him if his son didn't physically stop him.

Then you don't trade him.  Draft a young guy to replace him and that might get him motivated to go out and prove the world wrong.  But giving away assets is just plain stupid.

I thought this was supposed to be a bad RB draft class?  I agree with you 100% make him stay and play or get something for him but if you see my link above, that makes it was tougher.

I hate the MN trend in all sports of losing "assets" because of loyalty and hometown love.  It hurts when they leave but it hurts way more when they leave and we don't have 2 or three more picks, or any part of the Yankees or Red Soxs farm systems.

I thought this was supposed to be a bad RB draft class?  I agree with you 100% make him stay and play or get something for him but if you see my link above, that makes it was tougher.

I hate the MN trend in all sports of losing "assets" because of loyalty and hometown love.  It hurts when they leave but it hurts way more when they leave and we don't have 2 or three more picks, or any part of the Yankees or Red Soxs farm systems.

No it is supposed to be one of the best RB classes in a number of years. Gordon will be a 1st round pick and Gurley still might be despite his injury there is also good depth to this RB class as well.   

Vikes got a first round pick for an injured Percy Harvin.  AP is old (in regards to football) but he still has a few years left in the tank and teams that are a running back away know it.  Who wants to win now? 

From the Cowboys perspective, Romo is getting older, Dez Bryant is a video tape away from being suspended for a season himself.  Jones is a business man and knows that you pay to win when your close, no use waiting until tomorrow.   Also, as a business man, Peterson puts butts in the seats of any team he goes to.

If the Vikes hold strong on this, someone is going to give a first round pick.  Don't sell cheap and don't fall for his agents game of causing a scene to get him released.

• Upvote 1

Who did they get for a disgruntled Randy Moss again?

That's OK, I can't remember either.

They got a #1 pick and then wasted it on Troy Williamson.  Anything less than a 2nd round pick is not acceptable and they need to try hard for a 1st which I don't think is unrealistic. 

They got a #1 pick and then wasted it on Troy Williamson.  Anything less than a 2nd round pick is not acceptable and they need to try hard for a 1st which I don't think is unrealistic. 

And Oakland traded Moss to the Patriots for a 4th round pick when he appeared truly washed up. 

The Vikings can get something for AP and I hope they do. The Pats are my favorite team but I pull for the Vikings against any other team. I would find it difficult to cheer for AP.