SiouxSports.com Forum

By May ...

The Sicatoka

After years of debate, UND could have a new nickname by May.

UND President Robert Kelley tells Valley News Live he is hopeful the nickname process can be wrapped up by the end of this semester.

A new committee to make the final choice is now being formed.

Valley News Team's Neil Carlson will have much more tonight on Valley News Live.

http://www.valleynewslive.com/home/headlines/UND-Gets-Closer-to-Nickname-Decision-291855311.html

I thought they said a committee was being formed to form a committee to pick the name? My money is on Kelley just picking a name that is deemed suitable. But maybe, the end is near?

That was already completed.  The original committee figured out what stakeholders should have what say and how the process should go (this process is complete and committee is done).  The second committee will pick a nickname to pass on to Kelley.

I thought they said a committee was being formed to form a committee to pick the name? My money is on Kelley just picking a name that is deemed suitable. But maybe, the end is near?

YOu will lose your money if you think that is true.  Sure Kelley has to officially sign off on the new name.  But he will jnot act alone and just pick a name.  Not gonna happen.

https://screen.yahoo.com/southwestern-minn-high-school-mascot-001500241.html

A hundred years from now, no teams will have nicknames.   Once the humane society or some other animal rights group pipes up, look out.   All names will be deemed offensive to someone by then.   Just another reason to avoid the self inflicted torture of choosing a new name nobody is going to be happy with.

Frank missed the (tribal) majority's deafening silence; the majority have spoken by saying and doing nothing.

The tribal majorities are still there, as they were with the SL vote a few years back.  Burggraf isn't speaking for himself.  Frank Black Cloud, Eunice Davidson, Antoine American Horse, Archie Fool Bear and many more would disagree with your assertion. 

• Upvote 1

The tribal majorities are still there, as they were with the SL vote a few years back.  Burggraf isn't speaking for himself.  Frank Black Cloud, Eunice Davidson, Antoine American Horse, Archie Fool Bear and many more would disagree with your assertion. 

...and in three months those of us that support the University of North Dakota will have a new nickname to rally around.  You and Fetch can gather around your blackhawk logos and talk about the past.  The rest of us will support the current teams that are actually wearing the new logo/nickname. 

• Upvote 4

...and in three months those of us that support the University of North Dakota will have a new nickname to rally around.  You and Fetch can gather around your blackhawk logos and talk about the past.  The rest of us will support the current teams that are actually wearing the new logo/nickname.

Good for you! Must be nice to know better than everyone else.

Add me to that "living in the past" list. I am sure that we will be the only 3 not wearing Sundogs jerseys, but we will be able to cope being in the minority.

• Upvote 4

Add me to that "living in the past" list. I am sure that we will be the only 3 not wearing Sundogs jerseys, but we will be able to cope being in the minority.

Yah dude, keep using that stupid Sundog reference even though everyone knows it won't be anything near that.  Cool, brodog.

You're really gonna stick it to the man when you keep wearing your Sioux jersey, that will show 'em!  

Yeah! I'll be right next to you with my Flickertails jersey!!!  My grandpa wore that name with pride. The change still burns me up inside! We'll show 'em:p