SiouxSports.com Forum

2004-2005 MBB and WBB Schedules

The Sicatoka

While this is all good banter with good points being made on each side, it is a mute point. The shell of the Betty is up and it will seat about 4,000. We need to make the best of these great facilities. It will assist greatly in recruiting but games played in the Ralph will not have a great environment.

This exhibition with Minnesota, will it be an exhibition like when UND plays Bemidji St. in Men's basketball and they don't keep score? Or a normal game with the crowd, like Men's hockey? Doesn't the Big 10 have a rule where the teams can't play teams outside the conference with controversal nicknames?

I'm not sure on Minnie, but the Big Ten can't have the rule. U of Illinois has a Native American nickname in The Illini (sp). I do know that Wisconsin has a rule that they can't play schools with Native American nicknames outside of their conference. Which is why I always root for Wisco fb in the hopes that they meet Florida St. in a major bowl and have to turn away the money.

PFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTT!!!!! Like they'd turn down over 10 mill.

While this is all good banter with good points being made on each side, it is a mute point. The shell of the Betty is up and it will seat about 4,000. We need to make the best of these great facilities. It will assist greatly in recruiting but games played in the Ralph will not have a great environment.

I think the point of this discussion is that it doesn't make sense playing in the hockey arena. Yes it's built, and that is why we should play there until the ticket demand is above the Betty.