Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think our tailgating scene has had a negative impact on game attendance, and I also believe major changes need to happen ASAP. One of the biggest reasons our tailgating scene sucks is that it is bei

Thank you for the insight.  The intro video is great, there is no problem with that.  I still will question the decision not to have the lights off during the intro though.  It seems they have done it

Let’s work on counting together.  1 ... 2 ... 3 ... 4 ... 5 ... 6 ... It’s been 6 years. If the REA can get a newly renovated locker room and scoreboard, the Alerus Center can get some new t

Posted Images

Appears that they are expecting more fans for MVFC games.  Top of section 218 is an OK spot for Bison fans.  But, I think a new area "Section 301" if you will - that is west of parking lot with barb wire would be perfect.   It is COVID safe and it lets the Bizon fans graze is more appropriate environment   Think of it as a "safe space" for Bizon fans.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, FSSD said:

Appears that they are expecting more fans for MVFC games.  Top of section 218 is an OK spot for Bison fans.  But, I think a new area "Section 301" if you will - that is west of parking lot with barb wire would be perfect.   It is COVID safe and it lets the Bizon fans graze is more appropriate environment   Think of it as a "safe space" for Bizon fans.

Is there walls to lean against for urinating and stuff?

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2020 at 12:28 PM, FSSD said:

Appears that they are expecting more fans for MVFC games.  Top of section 218 is an OK spot for Bison fans.  But, I think a new area "Section 301" if you will - that is west of parking lot with barb wire would be perfect.   It is COVID safe and it lets the Bizon fans graze is more appropriate environment   Think of it as a "safe space" for Bizon fans.

Considering the damage they did to the walls up there last time they visited, surprised they didn't put them out in something like you described.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

wonder if an artist (bbrien) would/ could ever make a "fighting hawk" that would hang from the ceiling of the glass foyer of the alerus?

jerry world style....

 

A giant version of the sweet rebar hawk he made?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Some random week 1 observations, mostly about the new turf:

- What's with the thick, solid yellow lines bisecting the sidelines at the 50?

- What are the small yellow squares scattered about the turf that just happen to look an awful lot like penalty flags?

- Was the logo at midfield scaled specifically to permit "Alerus Center" to be more legible, or is it that size by design?

- Why does Hugo's even advertise?  They have a literal monopoly on non-superstore groceries in the area.

- What's needed?  Fewer pacifier-style mouth guards.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Some random week 1 observations, mostly about the new turf:

- What's with the thick, solid yellow lines bisecting the sidelines at the 50?

- What are the small yellow squares scattered about the turf that just happen to look an awful lot like penalty flags?

- Was the logo at midfield scaled specifically to permit "Alerus Center" to be more legible, or is it that size by design?

- Why does Hugo's even advertise?  They have a literal monopoly on non-superstore groceries in the area.

- What's needed?  Fewer pacifier-style mouth guards.

For 1-4:  https://www.aleruscenter.com/about/contact-us

Then you can report back to us. You're welcome.

Ready. Set. Go!

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

- Why does Hugo's even advertise?  They have a literal monopoly on non-superstore groceries in the area.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. They invest a lot back into the community.

Thought the turf looked great but agree thay the little yellow spots were confusing. I'm assume there is a reasonable explanation for them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. They invest a lot back into the community.

Thought the turf looked great but agree thay the little yellow spots were confusing. I'm assume there is a reasonable explanation for them.

If they needed some kind of markers, that could have easily made them a different color.  However i'm guessing they never thought about how that is going to look on tv....us being confused 25 times a game thinking there may have been a flag thrown.

As for the uniforms, the numbering sucks.....very hard to read the numbers on tv.  They overlooked that one too.  Should have just went with standard block numbers. Not sure if the numbers can be changed out at some point or not.  If not we are stuck for 5-6 years squinting our eyes trying to see who it was that made the play. The announcers had a tough time with it too.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

If they needed some kind of markers, that could have easily made them a different color.  However i'm guessing they never thought about how that is going to look on tv....us being confused 25 times a game thinking there may have been a flag thrown.

As for the uniforms, the numbering sucks.....very hard to read the numbers on tv.  They overlooked that one too.  Should have just went with standard block numbers. Not sure if the numbers can be changed out at some point or not.  If not we are stuck for 5-6 years squinting our eyes trying to see who it was that made the play. The announcers had a tough time with it too.  

I agree on both comments.

The numbers I spend half my time, is that a 6, 8 or 9 oh wait it was a zero. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

If they needed some kind of markers, that could have easily made them a different color.  However i'm guessing they never thought about how that is going to look on tv....us being confused 25 times a game thinking there may have been a flag thrown.

As for the uniforms, the numbering sucks.....very hard to read the numbers on tv.  They overlooked that one too.  Should have just went with standard block numbers. Not sure if the numbers can be changed out at some point or not.  If not we are stuck for 5-6 years squinting our eyes trying to see who it was that made the play. The announcers had a tough time with it too.  

Someone explained that are there for Soccer Games.:huh:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SiouxBundy said:

Someone explained that are there for Soccer Games.:huh:

Lots of soccer going to be played there? Wtf could have chosen just about any other color and it would have looked odd but people wouldn’t be confusing it for a flag every other play. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Lots of soccer going to be played there? Wtf could have chosen just about any other color and it would have looked odd but people wouldn’t be confusing it for a flag every other play. 

What people are confusing a 2"x 2" yellow square painted on the turf as a penalty flag "every other play"?!:D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there any other levels of football that would require a narrower/shorter field.  That was my thought when I saw them in person Saturday.  Seems they are payed out for placement of either pylons or I even thought indoor softball but didn’t look to closely to see if it would work.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...