SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

1 hour ago, Mama Sue said:

Morning paper, sports section: tickets for the Alsbama Clemson game are at a five year low.Tickets have dropped more than 50% since last week. Lowest price is $157 and resale price is $566. Last year, the Alabama Georgia game had an average resale price of $2,969. Just sayin’.....

Just think what they’d be if it was at the Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta or Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

Just think what they’d be if it was at the Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta or Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte. 

I wonder what the prices would be if it was in Atlanta and these same two teams playing.....hmmmm?  :D

• Upvote 2

What's needed at the Alerus - simple - A team that shows up for big games and a coaching staff that puts that team in a position to win.  I am usually fairly immune to the Bison hoopla about going to Texas and can view the game with mild interest.  However, with both WDAZ(Y) and the Heraldo now paying homage to their Fargo overlords, this year I just can't stand to hear any more media hype.  If I have to hear that lickspittle Dom Izzo one more time I may lose my lunch.  So please Bubba - get your act together and give us something to cheer about - and right soon.  Many of us are very frustrated, not just with Bison success but with our lack of it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Irish said:

What's needed at the Alerus - simple - A team that shows up for big games and a coaching staff that puts that team in a position to win.  I am usually fairly immune to the Bison hoopla about going to Texas and can view the game with mild interest.  However, with both WDAZ(Y) and the Heraldo now paying homage to their Fargo overlords, this year I just can't stand to hear any more media hype.  If I have to hear that lickspittle Dom Izzo one more time I may lose my lunch.  So please Bubba - get your act together and give us something to cheer about - and right soon.  Many of us are very frustrated, not just with Bison success but with our lack of it. 

You took the words right out of my mouth. We are in a big hole. The sooner we start climbing out of it, the better.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Mama Sue said:

Well you are right in about the Forum Jr (Herald)....in defense of the quality reporting done by the GF spirts writers... it seems to be corporate DNA not local

I am not complaining about our sports writers at all - I think in general they work their butts off and provide quality coverage.  It just seems with Fargo calling the shots all we see every WDAY broadcast is an update on the Bison and now the Heraldo can't even make the deadline for Sioux Hockey.  And I have previously mentioned my opinion of that toady git Dom Izzo - he seems to be on every broadcast.  Time we get some recognition for our programs and we'll have to do it on the field (or ice).  This week's hype just emphasizes in my mind how much we need Football to get going. 

• Like 2

Me too.... it is not the GF staff but corporate. There is a community where the paper is owned by the Forum. There are clearly favorites.... one city sends a high school team to state and there is nothing in the paper.  Other schools get colored photos, top part of the sports section. It is a Forum DNA not local. But we could start a whole new topic of media issues today and throw in politics and regulatory issues..... radio seems to be more dependable, IMHO.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, gfhockey said:

Probably old news but saw a pic of the new alerus center turf going in this summer. Looks good

They're replacing 6 year old turf? There have been discussions on how they are approaching it in the future, but I haven't seen anything concrete in the capital budgets for UND or the Alerus Center so I think you're a little ahead of yourself on this one.

33 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

They're replacing 6 year old turf? I haven't seen that in any capital budgets for UND or the Alerus Center.

Maybe they will replace more than the Big Sky logos. Could we see a Hawk on the 50 or the words Fighting Hawks in the end zones? 

Just a sign of the times....not an employee washing a floor ( there is always a sign it seems)... just someone walking with an unknown liquid spilled on the floor... loss of wages and pain are both a given in any law suit...city has deep pockets

maybe someone can volunteer to be floor monitors in a facility that is how many SF???

Good job for the GOBC 

42 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Tough to say how long the spill was left unattended/unnoticed, but for $50k I'd guess the city settles before racking up court costs.

$50,000 is a known settlement amount to file a lawsuit on big institutions or business.  Most career criminals and deadbeats are aware of this, but most 'Slip' in parking lots on ice in the winter.

This guy is an innovator, opening the market to slipping year round.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Tough to say how long the spill was left unattended/unnoticed, but for $50k I'd guess the city settles before racking up court costs.

nope. fight it and change the laws where people can't sue people for being uncoordinated.  once you walk into Lowe's or any private business or residence it's on you to assess if you feel safe to shop, eat, or visit friends.  If you feel unsafe go back to your house and drink a beer by yourself.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

nope. fight it and change the laws where people can't sue people for being uncoordinated.  once you walk into Lowe's or any private business or residence it's on you to assess if you feel safe to shop, eat, or visit friends.  If you feel unsafe go back to your house and drink a beer by yourself.

there already is such a thing as comparative fault, so congrats

16 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

not a lawyer...so what does that mean?

basically if a jury thinks the person suing is equally at fault to the person getting sued, the person suing cant get any money. also, if the jury says the person suing is say 25% at fault for what happened, that person would only get to recover 75% of the money they otherwise would.