SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

20 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

The Alerus Center has done well with new management - just need wins now. 

Bubba and UND need to shoot for an undefeated season at home. It's not easy, but more than doable. Would do wonders to ignite the fan base. 

Agree 100%, amazing how much the new management has done in such a short amount of time. Seem to make the Alerus Center a true community facility. 

I contrast, here in Bemidji the Sanford Center is hemorrhaging money and keep hoping they move to Spectra instead of Venuworks. 

• Upvote 1

I like that the folks in charge are willing to experiment, and change if needed, all aspects of the game experience.

i do enjoy the game day experience. Might have to go out of my comfort zone and get a tailgating spot next year.

As been said many times before, improvements on the product on the field, will drive all of this.

I do hope there is some movement of a student seating section to open up another attractive section for season ticket holders.

I also vote for consistent nice weather for tailgating next year. None of the cold temperatures and winds. :)

56 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I do hope there is some movement of a student seating section to open up another attractive section for season ticket holders.

Thank you for mentioning this. 

This needs to be the number #1 topic & change that UND Athletics focuses on during the off-season in regards to the Alerus Center and the game day experience. 

The student section should not be at the 50 yard line. It needs to be moved to the 30 to 20 yard line on one side of the field. There are two major reasons: 

#1 - season ticket holders deserve to have the seats at the 50 yard line because they are more likely to attend and fill up those "premium" sections. The student attendance has been too poor to continue reserving those seats and thus leaving them empty for 2+ quarters each and every game. The press box directly faces these seats and consistently seeing them empty is just poor marketing for UND football. 

#2 - per NCAA postseason rules, the student section would need to move in the postseason anyways. Move it now to simply be in compliance. Look at what other FCS schools do around the country. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dmksioux said:

They have always had an 'arching light' just below the roof on both the east and west side of the building.  They updated that light to an LED version that can change to any color...similar to the Sorlie bridge downtown. Prior to the update, that lights was green.  This week they had it set to green and red (alternating colors).  The colors also "move" from North to South.  Hope this helps!

Edit:  Here's a pic of the green light, prior to being updated:

Image result for alerus center lights

Thanks for the info!  From the tweet I posted, I was imagining something to the affect of the new Minnesota United soccer stadium lights haha.  I'm assuming the new lighting the Alerus has is brighter than the old lighting, though.

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

Thanks for the info!  From the tweet I posted, I was imagining something to the affect of the new Minnesota United soccer stadium lights haha.  I'm assuming the new lighting the Alerus has is brighter than the old lighting, though.

Yeah, nothing like that.  A definite improvement over what they did have though!

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Thank you for mentioning this. 

This needs to be the number #1 topic & change that UND Athletics focuses on during the off-season in regards to the Alerus Center and the game day experience. 

The student section should not be at the 50 yard line. It needs to be moved to the 30 to 20 yard line on one side of the field. There are two major reasons: 

#1 - season ticket holders deserve to have the seats at the 50 yard line because they are more likely to attend and fill up those "premium" sections. The student attendance has been too poor to continue reserving those seats and thus leaving them empty for 2+ quarters each and every game. The press box directly faces these seats and consistently seeing them empty is just poor marketing for UND football. 

#2 - per NCAA postseason rules, the student section would need to move in the postseason anyways. Move it now to simply be in compliance. Look at what other FCS schools do around the country. 

The students have been more than fortunate with the location of their seats.  Sure, they moved them over a section a few years back, but you can still be a student and sit at the 50 yard line.    Attendance was great for the students when the Alerus Center opened, but it has become embarrassingly empty in recent years.  As desperate and unfortunate it is,  I think there needs to be an ultimatum.   Students, if you want to keep your seats where they are now, show up.  If it becomes apparent that a certain percentage of seats in the student section are going unused, move them to the corner.  There are fans that would gladly buy those seats that are going to show up.  

• Upvote 1

Students need to be moved

make it a tough ticket to get the best seat possible for students

pre game activities aren’t a big thing too me, I’m there for the game but whatever they can do to make it better inside is a must

seems to dead in there during the game 

• Upvote 1

What we can't have is Rah Rah Bubba before the season starts and Turtle Bubba once the game starts.  We have all learned that Bubba is a very slow learner.  For the love of all that's holy, play to win this year.  We can only have our expectations dashed so many times before you lose attendance permanently.  With the amount of posters sticking with you and thinking this is the year you would think we are made up of Viking fans. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Fry Bread said:

Also in my old age it’s getting to be a pain to stand up on every third down. 

You would hate a lot of college football game day experiences then, I’m afraid. At least the experiences that are a hot ticket ...

Many stand all game, at least when home teams defense is on the field.

30 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

You would hate a lot of college football game day experiences then, I’m afraid. At least the experiences that are a hot ticket ...

Many stand all game, at least when home teams defense is on the field.

In all honesty if everyone stood all the time it wouldn’t be so bad.  

But when the person in front of you stands up you need to stand up to see the game. The person behind you then needs to stands up to see. Etc  etc  etc  

12 hours ago, Fry Bread said:

In all honesty if everyone stood all the time it wouldn’t be so bad.  

But when the person in front of you stands up you need to stand up to see the game. The person behind you then needs to stands up to see. Etc  etc  etc  

I agree, there needs to be more unity. 

I for one am for standing the entire time that UND is on defense. It just makes the most sense and brings out the most noise. 

22 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I agree, there needs to be more unity. 

I for one am for standing the entire time that UND is on defense. It just makes the most sense and brings out the most noise. 

I always sit back down because I feel bad for the people behind me. 

The only time I ever had a real problem viewing a game was when Tank’s dad was sitting a couple rows in front of me and a couple seats to the right. 

That man is massive. Good thing he’s such a great guy. 

Morning paper, sports section: tickets for the Alsbama Clemson game are at a five year low.Tickets have dropped more than 50% since last week. Lowest price is $157 and resale price is $566. Last year, the Alabama Georgia game had an average resale price of $2,969. Just sayin’.....