Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
geaux_sioux

What's Needed At The Alerus?

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

If we get an all inclusive list I will hand deliver it.  Not saying 100% will be on the video but we should be able to get a lot on it.

Big thing that UND marketing/gameday staff needs to be aware of too is that these highlights should not be limited to only the opening intro video.

Its perfectly okay and actually beneficial to play highlights at halftime or during quarter breaks to get the fans into the game. Many universities do this around the country.

Biggest example would be previous game highlights so average fans are familiar with what the team has been doing/accomplishing in recent weeks ...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rattelle sacking Wentz.

Rettelle blowing up the NDSU RB who tried to jump.

Rattelle at the goal line stuffing Prukop.

Juwon Johnson huge hit, can't remember who it was against. He may have gotten a penalty for flexing after.

Harris pick 6 against Bowling Green

Any one of the many times Dan Hendrickson blew somebody apart on kickoff coverage.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

We need to blast the kind of music that will offend the blue hairs. Kendrick Lamar's HUMBLE would be a good one.

You want people to sit down?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Rattelle sacking Wentz.

Rettelle blowing up the NDSU RB who tried to jump.

Rattelle at the goal line stuffing Prukop.

Juwon Johnson huge hit, can't remember who it was against. He may have gotten a penalty for flexing after.

Harris pick 6 against Bowling Green

Any one of the many times Dan Hendrickson blew somebody apart on kickoff coverage.

 

I wouldn't advise showing plays from a game UND lost by....I can't remember the score. We left at halftime. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JohnboyND7 said:

You want people to sit down?

If I have to slap a JohnboyND7 imma make it look sexy.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I wouldn't advise showing plays from a game UND lost by....I can't remember the score. We left at halftime. 

See my last post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

Reindeau decleater against UNC.  Possibly the biggest hit I've seen.  

Cole Reyes knocking out UNC running back.....

Cole Reyes strip interception against NAU last year.  Man I had to watch that about ten times.  Cole's timing and quickness was awesome.

Also something from the Montana and Montana State wins in the Alerus. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Cole Reyes strip interception against NAU last year.  Man I had to watch that about ten times.  Cole's timing and quickness was awesome.

Also something from the Montana and Montana State wins in the Alerus. 

You mean the 39 yd TD reception by Harden?  Or the 43 yd TD reception by Harden?  Or are you talking about the 32 yd TD reception by Harden with 12 seconds left to win the game?!!  Or one of the 42 completions by Hanson?  Or maybe one of his 5 TD's en route to a record breaking 660 yards passing?!!

Man, that was one hell of a game!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

You mean the 39 yd TD reception by Harden?  Or the 43 yd TD reception by Harden?  Or are you talking about the 32 yd TD reception by Harden with 12 seconds left to win the game?!!  Or one of the 42 completions by Hanson?  Or maybe one of his 5 TD's en route to a record breaking 660 yards passing?!!

Man, that was one hell of a game!!!

That was.  I almost walked out.  Left my seat and the comeback came alive.  wow.  Another Sioux fan about to leave stood along side and we both shook our heads.  Hanson to Hardin connection was amazing.  Should have at least 3 plays from that game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

You mean the 39 yd TD reception by Harden?  Or the 43 yd TD reception by Harden?  Or are you talking about the 32 yd TD reception by Harden with 12 seconds left to win the game?!!  Or one of the 42 completions by Hanson?  Or maybe one of his 5 TD's en route to a record breaking 660 yards passing?!!

Man, that was one hell of a game!!!

That game was one I'll never forget! We were walking down the hallway and talked a Montana fan into taking his grizz football shirt and throwing it into the garbage after that one. He was pretty mad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

That game was one I'll never forget! We were walking down the hallway and talked a Montana fan into taking his grizz football shirt and throwing it into the garbage after that one. He was pretty mad.

That was the longest game I've ever been to. I was absolutely starving after,

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

How could nobody mention Weston Dressler????

None of his plays in particular stand out to my memory. Maybe some highlights of him against UNI?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

You mean the 39 yd TD reception by Harden?  Or the 43 yd TD reception by Harden?  Or are you talking about the 32 yd TD reception by Harden with 12 seconds left to win the game?!!  Or one of the 42 completions by Hanson?  Or maybe one of his 5 TD's en route to a record breaking 660 yards passing?!!

Man, that was one hell of a game!!!

That was a fun game. We sat near a bunch of Griz fans and they were fun especially how disappointed they looked when we won. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it's been mentioned already, but I think field level seating/standing areas behind the endzones could be an interesting idea.  It could be something similar to the standing areas up above the endzones, or it could be sectioned off into 3 or 4 group seating/standing areas on each end.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Y'all crazy not to put Oliveria bowling over Cal Poly's nose tackle in any potential highlight reels

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2017 at 10:17 AM, geaux_sioux said:

Rattelle sacking Wentz.

Rettelle blowing up the NDSU RB who tried to jump.

Rattelle at the goal line stuffing Prukop.

Juwon Johnson huge hit, can't remember who it was against. He may have gotten a penalty for flexing after.

Harris pick 6 against Bowling Green

Any one of the many times Dan Hendrickson blew somebody apart on kickoff coverage.

 

That his on Prukop was aweseome! I had to re-watch that was several times. Prukop was pissed after that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, F'nHawks said:

Maybe it's been mentioned already, but I think field level seating/standing areas behind the endzones could be an interesting idea.  It could be something similar to the standing areas up above the endzones, or it could be sectioned off into 3 or 4 group seating/standing areas on each end.

I provided a few posts on this within this thread a while back. I strongly agree this should be looked into.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ericpnelson said:

Y'all crazy not to put Oliveria bowling over Cal Poly's nose tackle in any potential highlight reels

Check out my post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ND1 said:

On a side note, the Alerus is finally going to cover the concrete beyond the end zone with a protective rubber mat.

 

And it only took 16 years

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

And it only took 16 years

Alerus Center definitely half-assed it for a long time ... the gameday atmosphere committee and new Alerus Center management seems to be making a difference so far, though (consider new sound system).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×