SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

15 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I would expect they wait until the MVFC move and then get all new turf with updated logos (ND Hawk logo, Alerus logo, MVFC logo, mid-field ND Hawk logo [?], etc.). This would still provide plenty of time being the move isn't until 2020.

freund who would know says that the hawk head will probably be there next year...we only have one more year being in the bsc ( the next couple we would technically be indy)...plus the turf is only a couple years old they are not replacing this turn for at least 7,8, 9 years from now

41 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

freund who would know says that the hawk head will probably be there next year...we only have one more year being in the bsc ( the next couple we would technically be indy)...plus the turf is only a couple years old they are not replacing this turn for at least 7,8, 9 years from now

I quoted Freund's twitter post a few replies back so I saw that when he posted it. With that said, nothing within that post definitively says the turf will be updated for this season or next. If anything, it sounds like he is just hopeful for the "vision". Nevertheless, I don't think anything is certain in regards to the turf being around for "at least 7, 8, 9 years from now". It could be less than that or more than that depending on funding. I could easily see UND keeping the Big Sky Conference logo on the turf during the "independent" years of 2018 and 2019 because UND still will play a Big Sky Conference schedule. I hope UND updates everything on the turf sooner rather than later, but I've grown pessimistic with dealings of the Alerus folks. With that said, the helmet sign update timing pleasantly surprised me and I hope the negative feedback and flak from all the "Sioux fans" doesn't slow any potential progress towards turf updates.

Quite displeasing how everyone in GF opposes Fighting Hawk logo updates quoting "budget issues" but we all know damn well they would be 100 percent in support of Sioux logo publicity independent of associated cost. Hypocrisy at its best. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

51 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I quoted Freund's twitter post a few replies back so I saw that when he posted it. With that said, nothing within that post definitively says the turf will be updated for this season or next. If anything, it sounds like he is just hopeful for the "vision". Nevertheless, I don't think anything is certain in regards to the turf being around for "at least 7, 8, 9 years from now". It could be less than that or more than that depending on funding. I could easily see UND keeping the Big Sky Conference logo on the turf during the "independent" years of 2018 and 2019 because UND still will play a Big Sky Conference schedule. I hope UND updates everything on the turf sooner rather than later, but I've grown pessimistic with dealings of the Alerus folks. With that said, the helmet sign update timing pleasantly surprised me and I hope the negative feedback and flak from all the "Sioux fans" doesn't slow any potential progress towards turf updates.

Quite displeasing how everyone in GF opposes Fighting Hawk logo updates quoting "budget issues" but we all know damn well they would be 100 percent in support of Sioux logo publicity independent of associated cost. Hypocrisy at its best. 

100% on this...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

I guess that is one way to look at our situation. We can still be playoff eligible but can't win a conference title. Unlike a true indy we will have a BSC schedule all set up for us, we just need to provide the OOC games.  

1 hour ago, ericpnelson said:

umm... is it just me or is one of these 4 unlike the others. I think I know who they should go with.

Me too. Hopefully new leadership means better treatment of their primary tenant, UND football (not implying prior treatment was poor; just looking for continued improvement). 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, DB Cooper said:

Alerus Financial- great run bank

Alerus Center- not so great run event center

For some people who don't know its' separate entities that run it, it may give the bank a bad rep

Hopefully a new management system can turn that place around

Anyone who doesn't know the difference is an idiot. Like,  beyond stupid.  Those people don't have money anyway. 

• 1 month later...

Anyone upset with the lack of availability of UND Football apparel?  They only sell like 3 shirts and they all look like ass because they have football helmets, football players, or footballs on them.  People will say there would be more options if there was more demand, but the options have sucked for years, hence why I, and I'm sure many others, have not bought football gear.  They finally started selling UND bucket hats, like what Bubba wears, but they are the wrong color!  They sell replica football jerseys, but from the doom Muss years!  I finally saw a UND Football hat that I liked when I was at a game this past fall - I asked the guy where he got it, and he said he got it from someone he knew that was affiliated with the program.  It would sure be great to have Adidas team gear available to the public, like the hockey team has.

Does anyone know who in the staff directory I can send hate mail to  contact to express feedback? http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=3743113

Look at this garbage....

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

1 minute ago, nodak651 said:

Anyone upset with the lack of availability of UND Football apparel?  They only sell like 3 shirts and they all look like ass because they have football helmets, football players, or footballs on them.  People will say there would be more options if there was more demand, but the options have sucked for years, hence why I, and I'm sure many others, have not bought football gear.  They finally started selling UND bucket hats, like what Bubba wears, but they are the wrong color.  I finally saw a UND Football hat that I liked when I was at a game this past fall - I asked the guy where he got it, and he said he got it from someone he knew that was affiliated with the program.  It would sure be great to have Adidas team gear available to the public, like the hockey team has.

Does anyone know who in the staff directory I can send hate mail to  contact to express feedback? http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=3743113

Look at this garbage....

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

Agreed, a couple months ago I looked around online for those hats that Bubba and staff wear that has the offset logo. Found nothing even close. 

UND and Adidas need to get a university-wide apparel deal done for this reason; it would increase marketing options quite drastically. Unfortunately, coaches like basketball's Brian Jones think Adidas is the devil. Faison (or eventually the successor in not so many years) needs to put his foot down. 

Image result for waterboy the devil meme

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

Scheels has a bunch of nice fitted Hawks hats.  All colors.  I was impressed with how much Hawks gear they have now.

The stitching on the Adidas one in the picture is different than the hats in the stores.  The stitching on the one I posted is not raised, so the white part of the logo doesn't have the weird stitching lines in it.

t8.jpg