SiouxSports.com Forum

Beer

Fetch

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

I was at a beer festival Saturday that was comprised of only Colorado Breweries and left realizing how spoiled we beer drinkers are out here. Off hand there are a few that I love: Upslope, O'dells, Pug Ryan's, Broken Compass, Boulder Beer Company, and probably a couple more. Upslope Lager is tough to beat and I think they have a decent distribution network.

I tried quite a few Kolsch style beers which is sort of like a lager but with more citrus notes. Great for summer. 

The only beer that I truly miss from up north is Premium Grainbelt as it is not distributed out here and to me is an amazing "crappy" beer. 

Any chance you were in Snowmass?  I was also enjoying 30+ beers from just Colorado breweries on Saturday. 

13 hours ago, Fetch said:

Nothing wrong with Blue Moon I recently bought a six pack of aluminum pints & really enjoyed it

I can no longer drink like I once could so I like to try good beer - JL Beers has a Blueberry flavored beer in bottles 9% alcohol that I like but I also always have Bud Light Lime 

You admit you like Bud Light Lime? Oh my ;)

3 hours ago, southpaw said:

Any chance you were in Snowmass?  I was also enjoying 30+ beers from just Colorado breweries on Saturday. 

I was at the Lake Dillon Brew Fest in Dillon. It had a larger showing than I was expecting. I love summer up in the mountains!

21 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

My friends from the Munich area like Augustiner.  Ayinger makes good beer too.  My favorite is the Andechs Weissbier

Yes, Augustiner seems to be the favorite of the locals.  Ayinger's doppelbock (Celebrator) is my favorite beer of all time.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

Yes, Augustiner seems to be the favorite of the locals.  Ayinger's doppelbock (Celebrator) is my favorite beer of all time.

I'll take a Weihenstephan Dunkel every day of the week.  And throw in a Vitus to change it up on those really warm days.

Bud light lime is a beer that is very thirst quenching beer with a flavor that appeals to me

Is it a great beer ? I think it's very drinkable & better than most light beers & available most everywhere  ( not the Ralph ) to which I wish it was - Blue Moon is so I'm happy about that

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/8/2015 at 11:05 AM, Fetch said:

http://www.foxsports.com/north/story/minnesota-wild-satisfy-fans-thirst-for-beer-vending-innovation-010715

I think it's time to sell Bud Products at the Ralph too - Let the best brands win

How about bringing back DAKOTA BEER!

Dakota Malting and Brewing Company was a ND brewery that operated from 1961-1965.

DakotaBeer.jpg

i saw an article in the heraldo about how wisconsin might make it illegal for small craft beers to sell their OWN F"N beer in the same building its made in without first selling it to a distributor and then buying it back....then i found north dakota already does this...rhombus guys makes their own brew and instead of walking the beer over to the pizza joint they have to sell it to mckinnon/bud and then buy it back?  wtf?????????????????????????

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i saw an article in the heraldo about how wisconsin might make it illegal for small craft beers to sell their OWN F"N beer in the same building its made in without first selling it to a distributor and then buying it back....then i found north dakota already does this...rhombus guys makes their own brew and instead of walking the beer over to the pizza joint they have to sell it to mckinnon/bud and then buy it back?  wtf?????????????????????????

Never knew that, seems pretty stupid.

5 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

That's asinine 

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Can not confirm; however, such an alignment would not surprise me.
It's all about who has the best connections and lobbyists to get the laws written in their favor. In this case: the distributors. 

sounds like "protecting old money"????

• Upvote 1

Because they're 2 separate businesses, Rhombus brewing isn't allowed to sell directly to Rhombus pizza, but must go through a wholesaler.  Bars in ND are also having issues because they want to import certain beers, but the wholesaler can't/doesn't want to go through the effort for such small quantities.

http://www.legis.nd.gov/cencode/t05c01.pdf#nameddest=5-01-14

There was a law in MN that prohibited breweries from selling their own beer in their Brewery. That was fought by Surly, and is often referred to as the Surly law as the law has now changed. That's a big reason for seeing a lot more microbrews popping up in MN. 

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 1:09 PM, northernraider said:

Grain Belt Blu is pretty awesome..be sure to get as much as possible now. I usually leaves around August

I need to know more.  Where can I find this concoction?  I have not seen it anywhere down by Vermillion.  Here it is Premium and Nordeast, not even Premium Light.  I'll be heading to the Cities in early August though.

On 7/11/2017 at 1:09 PM, northernraider said:

Grain Belt Blu is pretty awesome..be sure to get as much as possible now. I usually leaves around August

You think that's good. Try to find Wasatch Blueberry Hefeweizen. I am not a huge fan of sweet beers but this seems to strike the right tone and is not to sweet but just about right.