SiouxSports.com Forum

1980's Class B Basketball

MafiaMan

Its the Langdon Area Cardinals. Several other small schools in Cavalier County have consolidated before.

I believe at a minimum Langdon Area would consist of at least parts of the following school districts:  Alsen, Milton, Osnabrock, Hannah, and Wales.

I believe at a minimum Langdon Area would consist of at least parts of the following school districts: Alsen, Milton, Osnabrock, Hannah, and Wales.

So kinda like Bowman when they became Bowman County?

I really need to get ahold of that almanac.

So kinda like Bowman when they became Bowman County?

I really need to get ahold of that almanac.

I have family from the area and know that Bowman never really treated the Scranton kids too well. Big part of the reason they coop with Hettinger instead. I don't know what the Rhame, Gascoyne, or Reeder kids do but I think Bowman County can just about go back to calling themselves Bowman again. Hettinger gets kids from Mott, Regent, Richardton, and Taylor for wrestling as well.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/8/2015 at 0:16 PM, MoSiouxFan said:

This goes back a ways, but my old school, the Ellendale Cardinals, prevented Kenmare from getting a three-peat by beating them 63-49 in the championship game of the 1967 State Tournament. They ran the table that season, going 28-0. I had the privilege of playing with those guys up until two years prior.

41 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

@siouxweet I was at Badlands Basketball Camp in Dickinson in the 1980's and he was always the most imposing coach there.

You didn't go to UND's bball camp with Dave Gunther?  I'm trying to think of the name of the former Sioux guard that was teaching one of the ball handling stations...wouldhave been mid-80s...Ray Jones ring a bell with anyone?

On 3/30/2017 at 8:28 PM, Blackheart said:

You didn't go to UND's bball camp with Dave Gunther?  I'm trying to think of the name of the former Sioux guard that was teaching one of the ball handling stations...wouldhave been mid-80s...Ray Jones ring a bell with anyone?

Ray played at UND for 2 years in the mid 70's. He coached at Thompson in the 80's. He also coached at Standing Rock for a while. I think he coaches at Grant County High School right now. Ray is about 5' 5" and grew up in New York City. His daughter, Tonia, played at Thompson and at UND. She was part of the National Champion teams of the 90's.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 6:58 PM, Herd said:
On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2015 at 0:16 PM, MoSiouxFan said:

This goes back a ways, but my old school, the Ellendale Cardinals, prevented Kenmare from getting a three-peat by beating them 63-49 in the championship game of the 1967 State Tournament. They ran the table that season, going 28-0. I had the privilege of playing with those guys up until two years prior.

So did I, so we were teammates.

2 hours ago, 82SiouxGuy said:

Ray played at UND for 2 years in the mid 70's. He coached at Thompson in the 80's. He also coached at Standing Rock for a while. I think he coaches at Grant County High School right now. Ray is about 5' 5" and grew up in New York City. His daughter, Tonia, played at Thompson and at UND. She was part of the National Champion teams of the 90's.

Thank you.

• 2 years later...