SiouxSports.com Forum

UND-NDSU discussions all topics

iramurphy

Watching that video makes me wonder. If a person doesnt eat bread, sunflowers, sugar potatoes, or beans. Do "those type of farms" even raise , stuff theyd eat?

Fruit. Veggies. Meats.

It seems to me the midwest farmer doesnt even grow much food people eat at least not directly. They grow a lot of food it seems to feed cattle et al.

The south and west grows most fruit and vegetables. Our part grows the stuff we grow. Surely you understand the idea of efficiency right??

The south and west grows most fruit and vegetables. Our part grows the stuff we grow. Surely you understand the idea of efficiency right??

Johnny Johnny Johnny - if you want to be accepted here and involved in actual conversations of value PLEASE stop feeling like you have to respond and deflect every comment that even vaguely reflects on FU. You can't have it both ways - one minute trying to be one of the guys and the next minute you are being "one of those guys." You just don't seem to be able to understand that on a UND fan site once in awhile there is going to be some good natured fun poked at FU and the easiest way is EIEIEIO. It doesn't mean we don't understand the agricultural economy, it doesn't mean we don't respect farmers - it just means sometimes it's fun to poke those to the south because of the rivalry. If you can't accept that then perhaps it is best for both sides for you to MOOOOOVE on (see the subtle reference). 

P.S. No it doesn't matter that this is a UND/NDSU thread - it's still a thread on a UND fan site and doesn't require constant monitoring by FU. 

Thank. But my point is I find it funny when my relatives post on facebook: "feeding the word" and pictures of them farming. But when i would go eat at the grandparents (full blown old school "on the farm" types livestock with chickens, massive gardens etc) they would rarely eat what was planted "in the field" unless you count the bread and sugar as it was mainly animal products and whatever was from the garden. Our dessert would be the raspberries we picked with half and half and sugar.

*I understand the animal feed comes "from the field. "

Nothing to do with degrading farming or NDSU. Just an off topic observation. Dont ranchers feed the world more? I admittedly dont know much about farming and what gets planted. But it seems very little if anything is directly edible.

Johnny Johnny Johnny - if you want to be accepted here and involved in actual conversations of value PLEASE stop feeling like you have to respond and deflect every comment that even vaguely reflects on FU. You can't have it both ways - one minute trying to be one of the guys and the next minute you are being "one of those guys." You just don't seem to be able to understand that on a UND fan site once in awhile there is going to be some good natured fun poked at FU and the easiest way is EIEIEIO. It doesn't mean we don't understand the agricultural economy, it doesn't mean we don't respect farmers - it just means sometimes it's fun to poke those to the south because of the rivalry. If you can't accept that then perhaps it is best for both sides for you to MOOOOOVE on (see the subtle reference).

P.S. No it doesn't matter that this is a UND/NDSU thread - it's still a thread on a UND fan site and doesn't require constant monitoring by FU.

I spend more time making fun of ndsu than most folks.

I back up farmers though.

I spend more time making fun of ndsu than most folks.

I back up farmers though.

Isn't your dad president of a Jamestown company?  Since there's not many, would it be Farmer's Union?  At least you know were your bread is buttered.

Perhaps he's in an entirely different field, like the State Mental Hospital?

Bingo

Per a Gopher friend (yuck), NDSU threatened the possibility of pulling a verbal commit's scholarship if he went on his planned visit to Minnesota this weekend.  The kid currently holds a PWO from them and his dad played at Minnesota.  Interesting if true. 

Guessing that is something that happens quite a bit with the P5 schools but after hearing from the faithful how NDSU encourages kids to take all their visits and only does positive recruiting, seems a little contradictory. 

Per a Gopher friend (yuck), NDSU threatened the possibility of pulling a verbal commit's scholarship if he went on his planned visit to Minnesota this weekend.  The kid currently holds a PWO from them and his dad played at Minnesota.  Interesting if true. 

Guessing that is something that happens quite a bit with the P5 schools but after hearing from the faithful how NDSU encourages kids to take all their visits and only does positive recruiting, seems a little contradictory. 

NDSU has been doing that for awhile now.  Their fans will never admit to it because they have no clue it's going on.  They did it to the Horvath kid a few years ago when he visited Northern Illinois.  

NDSU has been doing that for awhile now.  Their fans will never admit to it because they have no clue it's going on.  They did it to the Horvath kid a few years ago when he visited Northern Illinois.  

The only one with no clue is you.  Have fun with another DII recruiting class...

Isn't your dad president of a Jamestown company? Since there's not many, would it be Farmer's Union? At least you know were your bread is buttered.

Perhaps he's in an entirely different field, like the State Mental Hospital?

Nope. And nope. Try and go on a tour there sometime though. Pretty interesting actually.

This happens at every school including UM and UND. If a recruit wants to keep looking the school will do the same. And if another kid accepts that's the risk any recruit takes. Your either committed or your not. Nothing is guaranteed until LOI are signed. A verbal is meaningless really. You can't pull something that hasn't been given or received yet.

Some pretty comical stuff going on the twitters w/ @bisonation & @MikeMcFeelyKFGO as well as the mighty bisen fans tweeting @AndyFales.... worth checking out... (look at the Tweets & Replies on each person's page)

FWIW, I can't stand McFeely, but this little piece is pretty good entertainment as well... http://kfgo.com/blogs/so-many-opinions-so-little-time/953/small-cadre-of-bison-fans-embarrassing-themselves-again/

I can't stand McFeely, but this little piece is pretty good entertainment as well... http://kfgo.com/blogs/so-many-opinions-so-little-time/953/small-cadre-of-bison-fans-embarrassing-themselves-again/

A small group of humorless, fanboy Bison fans who cruise social media looking for slights against their favorite team don't see it that way.

I hate to say it, but McFeely almost got something right with that statement ... almost: He said "small group". ;)