SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ North Dakota State

SWSiouxMN

Having watched both teams a few times I think UND is the better and more talented team, but NDSU was last year and UND won by 19 points. In rivalry games anything can happen. Just like Brooke Lemar putting NDSU on her back and almost beating UND.

Alexander is really the only consistent scoring threat they have. They will need big games from Dupree, Jacobson, and Miller to keep this close. UND is much more athletic and I think NDSU is going to struggle to guard UND's athletes. UND has also struggled guarding the post, but NDSU doesn't really have a post presence. If NDSU is shooting well it will be a game if not I think UND wins. 

Expecting big things from Nash, don't think they have anyone that can match up with him.  Wouldn't be surprised if they tried Kory Brown on him.  He's their best defender but will be giving up 4 inches.

Hoping Q and de Rouen are closer to full health.

Think that Calcaterra can have some success down low as well.  Shouldn't be anybody with the height to slow him down unless Kading steps up.

Not sure on Jacobson, guessing he'll play.  He's been streaky, if he's on, he will be a factor, if he's off, don't bother worrying about him.  He has 3 bad games where he is a combined 1-26 (.038%) and 4 good games where he is 21-38 (.552%).  NDSU has only been playing between 6-8 guys in their regular rotation, hopefully UND can wear them down.

Wouldnt shock me if Brown was on Nash, but that might put us at a bigger disadvantage elsewhere. He's guarded 6'6, 6'7 type guys in the past though. Jacobson and Miller just arent ready to guard a guy like him. AJ is good to go after missing the UM game. A lot of perimeter shots in this one gonna come down to who's more hot. Im pretty worried about this one.

NDSU's bench has been an issue for years.  Last year we attacked them and got them in foul trouble and won easily by 18.  We can do the same thing this year by driving and attacking with our guards and keep everyone fresh with a solid rotation so if it does come down to the end our main stay players are fresher than theirs.   Go Sioux

Yeah the dribble drive from you guys could hurt us. I see Jones trying to attack NDSU off the dribble a lot like last year. 

Wouldnt shock me if Brown was on Nash, but that might put us at a bigger disadvantage elsewhere. He's guarded 6'6, 6'7 type guys in the past though. Jacobson and Miller just arent ready to guard a guy like him. AJ is good to go after missing the UM game. A lot of perimeter shots in this one gonna come down to who's more hot. Im pretty worried about this one.

Not sure about AJ being able to go. Richman was just on the radio and said 3 of his starters were watching practice yesterday and his point guard was on the court limping. He said he wouldn't be surprised if at least 1 or 2 will be in street clothes tonight. For a team that only plays 7 maybe 8 players, that is not good. I will be surprised if NDSU is able to keep to a single digit loss.

I see they continue to keep it low brow over at BV. The comments in the game thread are embarrassing. What a bunch of hillbillies.

Anything but football isn't very big over at Bisonville. 

They didn't start their UND vs NDSU womens basketball thread until there was two minutes left in the game and NDSU was winning at the time.

We were their Super Bowl, Pryor wasn't prepared for that. Now you have NDSU who had a dance trip last year and UND who had a CIT trip so I would think UND would be more hyped up in beating the Bison even though NDSU got a total smackdown last year.

I think it's a good point. Kind of like volleyball, this is your guys SuperBowl. I will expect a UND win with that being said,.

Not sure about AJ being able to go. Richman was just on the radio and said 3 of his starters were watching practice yesterday and his point guard was on the court limping. He said he wouldn't be surprised if at least 1 or 2 will be in street clothes tonight. For a team that only plays 7 maybe 8 players, that is not good. I will be surprised if NDSU is able to keep to a single digit loss.

Yikes, this game might just be the matchup of the walking dead.  NDSU redshirt a lot of their freshman class then?

Yikes, this game might just be the matchup of the walking dead.  NDSU redshirt a lot of their freshman class then?

3 are playing but only one looks ready and that is Miller. Wesenberg and Schowalter don't appear to be ready. When Dexter Werner is the first person off your bench, the cupboard is rather bare.