#3 Jacksonville State

Big Sky Conference Champs, EWU Eagles, get #4 seed

#5 Illinois State (2nd MVFC team)

#6 Villanova

#7 Coastal Carolina

#8 Chattanooga

MVFC and CAA only conferences to get 2 teams in top 8

Big Sky gets in three teams: #4 EWU, Montana, and Montana State

Of note: Montana State hosts South Dakota State in the first round; the winner will play NDSU. Potential for NDSU to finally play Montana State in the FargoDome after Montana State bought out that regular season game.

Didn't the committee see the convincing win over UNC yesterday? Kidding

Watched the Maine UNH game yesterday on NBC sports network yesterday (btw how do you get on that network as an FCS school? Their broadcasts are better than the motherships) & I'd take bet moo u, eastern, Montana, and northern cornfields over the number 1 overall based solely on the eye test.

Didn't the committee see the convincing win over UNC yesterday? Kidding

Watched the Maine UNH game yesterday on NBC sports network yesterday (btw how do you get on that network as an FCS school? Their broadcasts are better than the motherships) & I'd take bet moo u, eastern, Montana, and northern cornfields over the number 1 overall based solely on the eye test.

I watched some of that game as well and I agree with you.

http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/football/fcs

Looking at the bracket, NDSU's toughest test to get back to Frisco will be their first game (SDSU or Montana State). I don't see Coastal (or Richmond / Morgan ) as more than a speed bump on the way to the semis. 

I don't see much in the #3 portion either. The most dangerous team to NDSU in that section is Sam Houston (and the revenge factor).

UNH should make the semis.

And I hereby declare the #4 portion of the bracket "the bracket of doom": Montana, EWU, Illinois State, and UNI. Ouch. 

Looking at the bracket, NDSU's toughest test to get back to Frisco will be their first game (SDSU or Montana State). I don't see Coastal (or Richmond / Morgan ) as more than a speed bump on the way to the semis. 

I don't see much in the #3 portion either. The most dangerous team to NDSU in that section is Sam Houston (and the revenge factor).

And I hereby declare the #4 portion of the bracket "the bracket of doom": Montana, EWU, Illinois State, and UNI. Ouch. 

I really have to wonder how NDSU managed to get such an easy bracket and the good schools all got thrown together in one killer bracket.   Makes you wonder what went on?

Couldn't agree more........the 3 teams I wanted to see against NDSU were EWU, Illinois State, and UNI.(Those are the teams that could beat the Bison)  So, what will  end up happening is these teams in "the bracket of doom" beat the crap out of each other and a crappy team like Fordham makes a run and probably looses their starting QB in the process but makes it to the championship game.  Meanwhile 3 teams lay down for the Bison, at home of course,(like the Jacks always do) and they kick the crap out of a crippled Fordham team for another title.  Sound about right?

Couldn't agree more........the 3 teams I wanted to see against NDSU were EWU, Illinois State, and UNI.(Those are the teams that could beat the Bison)  So, what will  end up happening is these teams in "the bracket of doom" beat the crap out of each other and a crappy team like Fordham makes a run and probably looses their starting QB in the process but makes it to the championship game.  Meanwhile 3 teams lay down for the Bison, at home of course,(like the Jacks always do) and they kick the crap out of a crippled Fordham team for another title.  Sound about right?

Fordhams QB is already out. I don't know if he is ever coming back but he has been out for a few weeks.  

NDSU just lost one player to season ending injury.  Look for a front page article pointing to the severity of the situation and how the team is going to have to rally during this devastating time.   :silly:

Fordhams QB is already out. I don't know if he is ever coming back but he has been out for a few weeks.  

NDSU just lost one player to season ending injury.  Look for a front page article pointing to the severity of the situation and how the team is going to have to rally during this devastating time.   :silly:

Good to know-   Sacred Heart - 3  NDSU - 42 in Frisco.

Indiana State through, Idaho State stays home.  Help me understand that one.   

I'd take Idaho State, and would have left Montana State at home, not Indiana State.   Montana State failed the eye test miserably with the committee watching.   MT/MT State should have been loser out, with Idaho State in.

Indiana State actually had quality wins compared to the 3 BSC schools with Liberty UNI, FBS, although some bad loses too.   You also have to consider that the BSC is the 7th rated conference based on sagarin, 7th.

I'd take Idaho State, and would have left Montana State at home, not Indiana State.   Montana State failed the eye test miserably with the committee watching.   MT/MT State should have been loser out, with Idaho State in.

Indiana State actually had quality wins compared to the 3 BSC schools with Liberty UNI, FBS, although some bad loses too.   You also have to consider that the BSC is the 7th rated conference based on sagarin, 7th.

Totally agree with this.......and then the Cats get to host a playoff game to boot. ???

The Western Illinois loss was a dealbreaker, IMO. 

Indiana State through, Idaho State stays home.  Help me understand that one.   

Idaho State was 0-2 versus FBS, 0-2  versus playoff teams and played two DII schools.

Indiana State was 1-1 versus FBS, 2-3 versus playoff teams and played an all DI schedule.

The committee values quality wins, IndSt had 3, IdSt had 0

Idaho State was 0-2 versus FBS, 0-2  versus playoff teams and played two DII schools.

Indiana State was 1-1 versus FBS, 2-3 versus playoff teams and played an all DI schedule.

Legit point.  

Legit point.  

Yes, when comparing those teams. There was no other team with less than 5 losses, though, that had a case to be made? 

a

But Idaho State thorottled Montana head to head, and had the same record.   The two non DI were the issue I guess, but I'd take my chances with Idaho State over Mt State.

I agree with this. Idaho State had two wins against D2...I believe only one of those wins is counted.

Yes, when comparing those teams. There was no other team with less than 5 losses, though, that had a case to be made? 

IN State has a good argument over Idaho State, but why Montana State?   1 point head to head is the only argument for MT state on that one, but maybe MT State can get a win a home in the playoffs.

IN State has a good argument over Idaho State, but why Montana State?   1 point head to head is the only argument for MT state on that one, but maybe MT State can get a win a home in the playoffs.

MT State is going to get rolled by the Jacks.