SiouxSports.com Forum

gas prices

UND92,96

It's interesting to me that a certain Grand Forks gas station owner is charging $2.95 per gallon at his station in Bemidji, but $3.20 in Grand Forks. For whatever reason, the prices get lower as you go east on Highway 2. Crookston and Mentor are at $3.05. Erskine and McIntosh are at $3.00. Fosston and Bemidji are at $2.95.

There's often a small difference in the price between Grand Forks and Fosston/Bagley/Bemidji, but generally not as much as $.25 per gallon.

he's gotta pay for that new station by bk somehow?

I was thinking he just needed a new ivory backscratcher. He-who-shall-not-be-named is Grand Forks' own version of C. Montgomery Burns, only he's apparently a member of the GOBC instead of the Stonecutters.

Apparently he's running Bismarck too. $3.40

Maybe the inflated prices of western ND do play a role in "justifying" artificially high prices (IMO) in most of eastern ND besides Fargo? I think a lot of people look at Fargo prices as artificially low, but I'm not so sure that's the case. Interestingly, Fargo prices are actually higher than the Bemidji area right now. I'm not aware of that happening in the recent past.

Gas has traditionally been cheaper east of I-29 and more expensive west of I-29 in this region. Bismarck is usually a dime to twenty cents more than FM. GF is normally about a nickel to a dime more than FM. And east toward Bemidji from FM it drops at least a dime. You may see something new, but that's the pattern I've seen for probably 20 years. 

I drove into gf from willstion. Went from 3.5 @ some places 3.59 in Williston to 3.39 in Berthold to 3.29 in Minot. 3.19 in Rugby. 3.09 in Devils Lake (holiday and the Vining oil one). Back to 3.19 in forks.

Watching gas prices as I drove across the state is a hobby of mine. Also, I'm lazy and consider that a hobby.

So... 3.19 could be a ton worse.

Gas has traditionally been cheaper east of I-29 and more expensive west of I-29 in this region. Bismarck is usually a dime to twenty cents more than FM. GF is normally about a nickel to a dime more than FM. And east toward Bemidji from FM it drops at least a dime. You may see something new, but that's the pattern I've seen for probably 20 years. 

A nickel or dime difference is one thing. A quarter, as it is right now, is pushing it. Part of my frustration is also how blatant it is that when there is a downward trend, GF prices notoriously drop far more slowly than in NW Minnesota (except in EGF, funny how that works).

And then, of course, there's the issue of how for awhile there a few years ago, the prices in GF and Fosston were consistently the same (as they should be, IMO). Then, something "mysterious" happened and the prices in GF went back up to anywhere from $.05 to $.15 higher than Fosston. Most of us know exactly what happened.

On the radio yesterday they were talking about gas prices in Fargo.  They were saying their were cheaper prices for gas in some southern stations in Fargo.  You never hear those kind of conversations in Forks.  It must be nice to actually have competition for customers.

Where are the nearest gas wholesale sellers located? I'm just wondering if there's a logical reason prices should be expected to be lower in Bemidji than Grand Forks, or even Fargo at the present time. I believe the gas tax is actually higher in Minnesota than North Dakota, so that's evidently not a reason.

Let's pool our money together and open a gas filling station and sell gas at the right price, that way rich boy can't control the price! Then we can setup a sting operation for when he comes to threaten us by putting a super station across the street from it and expose him for who he really is!?

There are 3 owners in town that own stations east of GF and their gas is cheaper away from GF!

Let's pool our money together and open a gas filling station and sell gas at the right price, that way rich boy can't control the price! Then we can setup a sting operation for when he comes to threaten us by putting a super station across the street from it and expose him for who he really is!?

There are 3 owners in town that own stations east of GF and their gas is cheaper away from GF!

you should try the prices in the western part of the state.... $3.49 or $3.59 today