SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU to move to FBS with an invite from the Sun Belch?

SiouxVolley

I think an NDSU move to the Missouri Valley in all sports is more likely than either the Sun Belt or Big Sky. The Indiana State media have been saying all along that the MVC should add NDSU, and now they say there may be some movement among the conference schools that it may be a good idea. They are afraid that with the football success that NDSU is having that they are becoming more attractive to FBS conferences (like the MWC or MAC) and that the window may be closing to get them in the MVC. NDSU has powerful allies in the MVC, like both ISU's, and UNI. They just would probably have to find a private, non-football school to go with them, possibly ORU or Denver. .

The fans of your allies namely UNI don't want NDSU or any Dakota team in their "basketball" conference. The message board was flooded with people slamming the SU's the last time membership was up for grabs. I think getting Into the SB will be easier than getting into the MVC.

I think an NDSU move to the Missouri Valley in all sports is more likely than either the Sun Belt or Big Sky. The Indiana State media have been saying all along that the MVC should add NDSU, and now they say there may be some movement among the conference schools that it may be a good idea. They are afraid that with the football success that NDSU is having that they are becoming more attractive to FBS conferences (like the MWC or MAC) and that the window may be closing to get them in the MVC. NDSU has powerful allies in the MVC, like both ISU's, and UNI. They just would probably have to find a private, non-football school to go with them, possibly ORU or Denver. .

You have a link to the Indiana St media story or the traction it's gaining?

You have a link to the Indiana St media story or the traction it's gaining?

Apparently one beat writer out of Terre-Haute is now the whole Indiana St media and speaks for all the schools.  It'd carry a lot more weight if it came from one of the basketball/private schools, the ones who have no desire to add another football driven school.  And the SIU play by play guy definitely disagrees with his feelings so not sure where the traction among the schools thing comes from.

Wichita State will vote with its feet and leave if NDSU and its remodeled BSA get in the MVC.  The MVC wouldn't be any better than the Slummit then.  What Wichita State wants is a league like the American, or CUSA, but if stays in the MVC, it would go for NMSU, Denver, UTArlington, or Oral Roberts.  Schools that have actual BB programs or media markets.  Wichita State would have to leave for NDSU or SDSU to get in:  as they consider themselves much more than a bottom feeder.

The basketball schools run the MVC, they fear the whole Big East fiasco happening to them in regards to football. 

Doubt the MVC expands past 10. Too many conflicting interests in that conference, anything beyond 10 would have to be a slam dunk like say SLU and I don't see that happening. If MSU leaves they add a basketball school.

So there is an Forum article on adding seats to the FargoDome, making it seat 23 or 25K.  The only question is what FBS league NDSU is planning on:  the Sun Belt or the Big Sky.

http://www.inforum.com/content/fargodome-officials-consider-adding-seats-bison-games

Fans will be screaming MW or MAC, except Lakes its Big 12 or nothing.

So there is an Forum article on adding seats to the FargoDome, making it seat 23 or 25K.  The only question is what FBS league NDSU is planning on:  the Sun Belt or the Big Sky.

http://www.inforum.com/content/fargodome-officials-consider-adding-seats-bison-games

Big Sky isnt FBS so not in the conversation. Other than that The article was well placed for the new convention center battle.

No one at BIsonville even mentioned the Sun Belch until I did.  They keep talking delusional when the MAC and MWC get brought up.   The Sun Belch is a reasonable goal for Bresciani and he knows it.   The Sun Belt needs teams that can show up for bowl games, otherwise their bowls go under.  The Sun Belt also wants a bowl in Texas.  NDSU has proven that it will attract fans to Frisco.  The most powerful team in the Sun Belt is Ga Southern, which isn't even out of transition yet.  Why would the Sun Belt not like NDSU except for the distance?

Who cares who mentioned the SB? Nobody REALLY gives a rats butt about the SB. Lakes will spooge himself over any FBS conference if NDSU can be in the conversation.

No one at BIsonville even mentioned the Sun Belch until I did.  They keep talking delusional when the MAC and MWC get brought up.   The Sun Belch is a reasonable goal for Bresciani and he knows it.   The Sun Belt needs teams that can show up for bowl games, otherwise their bowls go under.  The Sun Belt also wants a bowl in Texas.  NDSU has proven that it will attract fans to Frisco.  The most powerful team in the Sun Belt is Ga Southern, which isn't even out of transition yet.  Why would the Sun Belt not like NDSU except for the distance?

Who cares who mentioned the SB? Nobody REALLY gives a rats butt about the SB. Lakes will spooge himself over any FBS conference if NDSU can be in the conversation.

The fans of your allies namely UNI don't want NDSU or any Dakota team in their "basketball" conference. The message board was flooded with people slamming the SU's the last time membership was up for grabs. I think getting Into the SB will be easier than getting into the MVC.

If it were up to fans opinions, UND would not be in the Big Sky, or any other conference for that matter. It is up to school presidents, who look at the landscape of college athletics and decide what is best for the sustainability of their conference, not what the fans think. Do you suppose the Missouri Valley would be happy if one of their basketball playing schools had ESPN College Gameday on their campuses? NDSU will never be in the Sun Belt. Maybe the MAC or MWC, but not the Sun Belt as it is today. 

If it were up to fans opinions, UND would not be in the Big Sky, or any other conference for that matter. It is up to school presidents, who look at the landscape of college athletics and decide what is best for the sustainability of their conference, not what the fans think. Do you suppose the Missouri Valley would be happy if one of their basketball playing schools had ESPN College Gameday on their campuses? NDSU will never be in the Sun Belt. Maybe the MAC or MWC, but not the Sun Belt as it is today.

You think a basketball conference gives 2 sh-ts about Gameday? lol!!!!!! Also you must think Gameday is going to make Fargo an annual thing like Alabama and FSU. Lol!!!!! You are funny.

• Upvote 1

You think a basketball conference gives 2 sh-ts about Gameday? lol!!!!!! Also you must think Gameday is going to make Fargo an annual thing like Alabama and FSU. Lol!!!!! You are funny.

They have said they would like to make it a frequent stop. They love the atmosphere and fan enthusiasm. Who on this forum thought they would come back a second year in a row? They have been in Fargo more than 95% of FBS schools. More than 80% of BCS conference schools. 100% more than any Big Sky schools, whether they are FCS like now or FBS in the future like SV is guaranteeing.  

They have said they would like to make it a frequent stop. They love the atmosphere and fan enthusiasm. Who on this forum thought they would come back a second year in a row? They have been in Fargo more than 95% of FBS schools. More than 80% of BCS conference schools. 100% more than any Big Sky schools, whether they are FCS like now or FBS in the future like SV is guaranteeing.

I can see that if the Bison are still have their winning streak alive. But if they are coming back down to earth with the rest of the teams I see ESPN passing them by.

I can see that if the Bison are still have their winning streak alive. But if they are coming back down to earth with the rest of the teams I see ESPN passing them by.

ESPN has made GameDay an institution, but for a lot of these schools, an appearance by Chris, Lee, Kirk, and Desmond is a "meh, GameDay again?" occasion. From what I saw last Saturday, the crowd at the show in Baton Rouge for the Ole Miss game was significantly smaller than the one in Fargo. The show did a feature on Wisconsin-Whitewater, after which Lee Corso made the statement that he would like to visit that school before his time on the show ends. I bet that the folks in the show boardroom heard the coach loud and clear. It's probably only a matter of time before schools like Montana and others get a shot as hosting the show. NDSU just sort of opened the door...

Lakes or the comment? ;)

Probably both. Second time in a week and third time in about three that I've read about Lakes...high school humor. Not standing up for gfhockey at all, but he gets a two week vacation for his comments yet three different posts from two different posters about Lakes "pounding his pud," "spooge himself," and "creaming himself" go unnoticed? Yea, gross.

• Upvote 1

Probably both. Second time in a week and third time in about theee that I've read about Lakes...high school humor. Not standing up for gfhockey at all, but he gets a two week vacation for his comments yet three different posts from two different posters about Lakes "pounding his pud," "spooge himself," and "creaming himself" go unnoticed? Yea, gross.

#nojusticeforthegobc

Two thoughts: 1) in addition to trying to look at posts in isolation, we also definitely consider a poster's history; 2) there are lots of warnings (see point #1) and occasional suspensions issued and they're never announced, some of us just know about one in particular because he announced it himself in other social media.

• Upvote 1

gobc meeting yesterday...the boys are not happy about the two week suspension...Anonymous will commence shut-down of SiouxSports in 5...4...3..

Heard in protest the GOBC has shut down any and all orders with fries and gravey at the Big Sioux.

Also just saw on CNN and they are reporting Michelle Obama posted this on twitter:  #freespechfreegfhockey