SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-15 Season

brianvf

anyone listen to timmy and swygy this morning? my god that bashed idalski and the womens hockey in general. I know idalski is not very well liked in GF but cut him a break its womens hockey for cripes sakes.

tomorrows coaches show going to be an awkard one I have a feeling...

anyone listen to timmy and swygy this morning? my god that bashed idalski and the womens hockey in general. I know idalski is not very well liked in GF but cut him a break its womens hockey for cripes sakes.

tomorrows coaches show going to be an awkard one I have a feeling...

Womens hockey or not they put in the time like the guys to get to where they are at. No need to belittle them. Timmy and Swygy should be ashamed of themselves. And yes Idalski is not well liked. That is well known in Grand Forks.

Womens hockey or not they put in the time like the guys to get to where they are at. No need to belittle them. Timmy and Swygy should be ashamed of themselves. And yes Idalski is not well liked. That is well known in Grand Forks.

I don't think anyone can question whether the student athletes put in the time.  I think the question is whether it's prudent to dedicate significant funds and resources to a program that doesn't make any money but costs a whole bunch (I'm assuming).  That's the way I took the Tim and Swyg conversation.    I don't think that's throwing anyone under the bus, but just asking a legitimate question.

I don't think anyone can question whether the student athletes put in the time.  I think the question is whether it's prudent to dedicate significant funds and resources to a program that doesn't make any money but costs a whole bunch (I'm assuming).  That's the way I took the Tim and Swyg conversation.    I don't think that's throwing anyone under the bus, but just asking a legitimate question.

Two words: Title Nine

And most collegiate athletic programs are money losers, not just women's hockey.  If making money is a requirement, you wouldn't have more than two or three sponsored sports in NCAA athletics.

Let's just have women's bball men's hockey men's football girls volleyball girls cheerleading girls dancing

You're only about six women's and six men's sports short of the minimums to be a Division I member. 

(Let me help you out: Six. That's all the pointy things on one hand plus the thumb on the other. ;)