SiouxSports.com Forum

"Force"?

Fetch

I'm sure 82sioux will think it's ok to use it still - just like using Roughriders would be ok now

You must have me confused with someone else.  I never thought that UND was planning to use Force as a nickname.  It was part of a marketing campaign.  I said that years ago.  I don't think that Spirit is going to be seriously considered for the same reason.  It was a marketing campaign.  And I don't believe that Roughriders will be picked either.  There will be push back from enough local people because of Red River High School, and I don't see the point of having the same nickname as a local high school when there are plenty of other choices.  I've said that same thing from the beginning.  But, thanks for pulling me into a meaningless thread.  And next you'll complain because I responded and said that you were wrong.

Thank goodness Fargo "stole" it.  Makes for a good junior team name, not one for the U of ND.

Personally I was hoping it was not just a marketing campaign back then. I was hoping that they would use "Force of the North", "Force" for short in an effort to bypass the NCAA hypocrisy and continue using the logo. If the logo wasn't tied to any particular tribe, who would they have to get permission from?

Personally I was hoping it was not just a marketing campaign back then. I was hoping that they would use "Force of the North", "Force" for short in an effort to bypass the NCAA hypocrisy and continue using the logo. If the logo wasn't tied to any particular tribe, who would they have to get permission from?

You seriously are in favor of a four-word nickname? University of NORTH Dakota Force of the NORTH. Again with the same word in the university name and nickname. Groan...

Dear Sweet Baby Jesus,

Whatever you allow to happen, please do not allow the University of North Dakota to be called the Force.  I promise, if that doesn't happen, I will personally write the Governor of the State of North Dakota to issue a pardon for all third class felons living in Detroit Lakes, Minnesota.

Amen. 

You seriously are in favor of a four-word nickname? University of NORTH Dakota Force of the NORTH. Again with the same word in the university name and nickname. Groan...

How about the University of North Dakota North Dakotans?

Not now, but if we could have been "the Force" with the understanding that it was short for Force of the North, and had been able to keep the old logo under those circumstances, I would have been in favor of it.