SiouxSports.com Forum

Ugliest "Bucket" in Sports

The Sicatoka

Folks, there's a trend to create some ugly "buckets" (helmets) in sports lately. I'd like to get a compilation going here, from all levels, and all sports, with the goal to put together a bracket and determine the first winner of the "Ugliest Bucket in Sports". 

I'd like to make a couple nominations:

The Jacksonville Jaguars: Did they run out of flat black while repainting their gold helmets? 

Jaguars%202013Deluxe%20Replica%208004716

ib0KFloaL0enJ.jpg

Some Big XII nominees from last night:

ByaRTqIIQAA7VKa.jpg

Not bad up close, but on television it took me a while to figure out if Picasso had done their helmets. 

ByamLtGIAAA-cnQ.jpg

Orange chrome? 

Texas Tech's were horrible you couldn't even really tell what the logo was during the game, I kinda like the OSU helmets.

2014- #8 currently

2013- made title game

2005- finished #9

1993- #2

1992- #4

1990- #6

1989- #3

Those are only top ten finishes.... Yeah... Totally not relevant since'88.

That 2013 title game appearance was a joke and you know it. From the phantom interference call in the Pitt game to the miracle of Manti T'eo, the whole sports world fell in love with the mystique of ND.

Bob Davie...George O'Leary (until he resigned before coaching a game)...Ty Willingham...Charlie Weis...academic issues...a rape allegation that was covered up (the alleged victim committed suicide)...your Irish are golden in helmet color only.

That 2013 title game appearance was a joke and you know it. From the phantom interference call in the Pitt game to the miracle of Manti T'eo, the whole sports world fell in love with the mystique of ND.

Bob Davie...George O'Leary (until he resigned before coaching a game)...Ty Willingham...Charlie Weis...academic issues...a rape allegation that was covered up (the alleged victim committed suicide)...your Irish are golden in helmet color only.

Did Notre Dame lose a game? Who should have went instead? Stanford? Oh! ND beat then.... Oregon? Lost to Stanford. My boys ran into the worst possible matchup.

Notre Dame runs a tighter ship that pretty well anyone else with dreams of winning. Someone must still have a broken heart after what the Irish did to Meatchicken.

At least those guys play the gophers this week so they have a shot at finally scoring a touchdown against a power 5 team.

Someone must still have a broken heart after what the Irish did to Meatchicken.

At least those guys play the gophers this week so they have a shot at finally scoring a touchdown against a power 5 team.

Hopefully Michigan is fired up today. Their honorary captain will be 4 year old Chad Carr, grandson of former head Coach Lloyd Carr and son of former QB Jason Carr. Chad has an inoperable brain tumor and is currently undergoing radiation treatment.

LOTS of chrome domes and ugly buckets around this weekend. More posts to follow.