SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 Season

sioux24/7

Any other observations?

Antwi shoots lights out against lower division teams and in intersquad games.

Free throws are still a struggle

Nash and and Crandall were probably co-MVPs of the day

Kraig Shields is going to be a special player as he grows into the college game.

Cashman looks really good... but the mental side of the game is still a challenge for him. He is out of position a lot of times. 

de Rouen shows flashes of skill but it's very inconsistent He plays with emotion but sometime is overcome by it and makes silly mistakes.

Coleman played good defense and stepped back and knocked down a couple threes. Didn't stand out other than that.

James Richman is a big North Dakota kid that is doing his best to keep up .... he could grow into a solid off-the-bench player later in his career.

Hooker played ok but seemed to be frustrated by some of the physical play especially when matched up against Crandall.  When he and Crandall played on the same team, the offens  really clicked.

Other than that ... not much to say. I always find it hard to take much a way from these early season intersquad match-ups.

Salmonson, Shanks, Tyler  did not play.

Kraig Shields is going to be a special player as he grows into the college game.

Cashman looks really good... but the mental side of the game is still a challenge for him. He is out of position a lot of times. 

de Rouen shows flashes of skill but it's very inconsistent He plays with emotion but sometime is overcome by it and makes silly mistakes.

Coleman played good defense and stepped back and knocked down a couple threes. Didn't stand out other than that.

James Richman is a big North Dakota kid that is doing his best to keep up .... he could grow into a solid off-the-bench player later in his career.

Hooker played ok but seemed to be frustrated by some of the physical play especially when matched up against Crandall.  When he and Crandall played on the same team, the offens  really clicked.

Other than that ... not much to say. I always find it hard to take much a way from these early season intersquad match-ups.

Thanks for the insight.  Did it appear the three not playing were injured?

Did Stefan play, you didn't mention him?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been hearing the team did not look good in the scrim vs msum. anyone else hear that?

If be interested in the details. Anyone can play in scrimmages. What were the lineups? Who played and didn't, etc.. Losing what we lost, I expect early season struggles with some ugly games. Take a page out of the hockey book and be ready to go after Xmas.

Does anyone else realize the stretch between home games?  Nov 18th vs Mayville St and Dec 19th vs Dickinson St.  Both games will be crap games as far as competition but in between those games are 7 road games, with 3 of them in a tournament. No DI home game until Jan 8th. So between now (Nov 9th) and Jan 8th UND will have played 2 home and 11 road games. Sounds like a baseball schedule. If UND can get some road wins they could gain respect going into conference play. Last road OOC win Feb 18, 2012 at Longwood.

If be interested in the details. Anyone can play in scrimmages. What were the lineups? Who played and didn't, etc.. Losing what we lost, I expect early season struggles with some ugly games. Take a page out of the hockey book and be ready to go after Xmas.

I am not 100% but I think it was a regular game with officials, scorekeeper, etc....similar to what we did when we played Omaha in South Dakota last year or the year before. There is a reason NDSU won't play them anymore, the Dragons are a very good team in the best D2 conference in the country.

I don't know the answers to any of that.

Just heard unconfirmed chatter about the outcome and figured someone around here would know more specifics.