SiouxSports.com Forum

ESPN College Gameday NDSU Part 2

Jeremy_und2004

well i just saw on facebook (https://www.facebook...415808241975922 ) that NDSU fans are upset that college gameday is in downtown fargo and not by the dome. what a bunch of babies

Fairly legit complain. Why wouldn't you host college gameday where the game is, seems pretty strange. Even from ESPN's perspective, they should be wanted to get the whole atmosphere (Game, Tailgating, fans) on, or behind, their cameras.

Definitely some mugshots available for giant cardboard head cut-outs...

Fairly legit complain. Why wouldn't you host college gameday where the game is, seems pretty strange. Even from ESPN's perspective, they should be wanted to get the whole atmosphere (Game, Tailgating, fans) on, or behind, their cameras.

My guess is they control the crowd and what is going on behind them easier from this location. Agree that it is a little strange though. My guess was they were going to use Newman Field.

Won't make it easy for students to go to the gameday set, then get back in line at the fargodome to get their tix.

I don't buy that it was all ESPNs decision though. I have no doubt that's what they asked for, but I'm sure ndsu put up no complaint. Holding an event like this on the ndsu campus, under ndsu control and decision making is one thing. Shutting down all of downtown, with the city of fargo resources which will now be required to pull this off, that's quite another. And that isn't something that ndsu could even say "yes" to in the first place. ndsu admin would have had to go to the city for permission to do it, since it is under their jurisdiction. Had ndsu wanted to, they certainly could have said that logistically downtown isn't feasible on such short notice and a campus or dome site would have to suffice.

"4K TV cheap. Hit my pager."

"Bama's Our Bitch"

"I'd rather be trolling SiouxSports.com"

Naw, Colorado State gets to be 'Bama's bitch next week. It won't be pretty.

Good for the University of Agriculture and Applied Science. Now, they get to showcase their famous bull testicle research. Or maybe the quilt work their home ec deparment did over the summer... Well, we all know they'll wear the yellow stains from their sheets anyway...

downtown fargo??? as a siouxfan i like this so its more about the city of fargo instead of the ndac's fb team... this actually made my day...

It's perfect! We will have to rave about how great it is that the city of fargo and the state of ND are getting showcased like this.

When they came to Air Force they were on the hill. Of course it's on the campus but it's just as much of a drive from there to the stadium. ESPN is looking for good backdrops and the fargodome is not that. If they came to Grand Forks, I wouldn't expect them to be at the Alerus Center... what is there to see? Same thing with the fargodome.