SiouxSports.com Forum

NFL 2014 Season

MafiaMan

St. Louis has come up with a new stadium plan to keep the Rams in St. Louis, the new stadium will be built on the banks of the Mississippi River.

http://www.hok.com/about/news/2015/01/09/peacock-and-blitz-unveil-study-for-new-st-louis-stadium/

The new Atlanta Falcons Stadium looks nice with a one-of-a-kind scoreboard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPKP7FaiqEE

Aren't the Georgia Dome and Turner Field only 20 or so years old?

Georgia Dome was built in 1993 and Turner Field was built for the Olympics in 1996. Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis will be 20 years old next year I think.

Atlanta's new stadium is projected to cost 1.2 billion dollars. And in 20 years, they'll want another one.

Jesse Ventura was pretty much a disaster as governor, but at least his position on public funding of stadiums wasnt costing the state (Joe Taxpayer) an arm and a leg.

I love sports as much as the next guy - probably moreso - but citizens should be outraged at the amount of money put into these ventures.

As long as fans continue to fill the stands, owners will hold them hostage when they think a stadium upgrade is in order.

Football is the one that really kills me. A couple of meaningless exhibition games, 8 regular season games, and maybe a home playoff game or two. At whatever cost is necessary, I guess.

I love sports as much as the next guy - probably moreso - but citizens should be outraged at the amount of money put into these ventures.

As long as fans continue to fill the stands, owners will hold them hostage when they think a stadium upgrade is in order.

Football is the one that really kills me. A couple of meaningless exhibition games, 8 regular season games, and maybe a home playoff game or two. At whatever cost is necessary, I guess.

Express your outrage with your pocketbook and your remote control. The second one is tricky.

Isn't the new Red Wings Arena going to be paid for entirely by the City of Detroit?

• 3 weeks later...