SiouxSports.com Forum

Adidas deal in the works?

geaux_sioux

And if you had told me that "traditional" schools like Notre Dame, UCLA, and Nebraska would wear the garbage that Adidas has put them in, I'd have said 'no way.'

Yeah but we are talking North Dakota here...not exactly a place that sets trends, which is a good thing in this case.

While there are many examples of these "bad" styles of jerseys... remember this

Lets try a "real" conversation

Assistant Coach: What do you think of the new jerseys

Head Coach: ridiculous, we look like clowns out there.

AC: maybe so, but that 4 star QB we are looking at for next year just tweeted he really loves them, so does that 3 star linebacker.

HC: Well, I guess they aren't that bad.

Stupid? Yes. So is giant HDTV in every bathroom sink in practice facilities. Its the name of the game now and if those unis are the difference between getting the players to get you to the next level and pay check vs updating your resume.

To quote a Fall out Boy song: Its aint a scene, its an arms race.

Our unis will look sharp because they'll fit like a glove and we have a great color scheme. And if not for the tradition of bland those Notre Dame unis would be great. Adidas makes nice stuff regardless of mafiamans agenda.

I miss the days of the big, bulky jerseys. They looked so good on my standard def tv :whistling:

• Upvote 3

I like a lot of them, I think the Miss state and Notre dame ones are badass. I also feel that mafia man has way to much time/energy/thought spent on this forum on the topic of outfits :whistling:

Well, I'm no jersey expert...but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Our unis will look sharp because they'll fit like a glove and we have a great color scheme. And if not for the tradition of bland those Notre Dame unis would be great. Adidas makes nice stuff regardless of mafiamans agenda.

You cracked the code...I just started my internship with Nike this morning.

And if you had told me that "traditional" schools like Notre Dame, UCLA, and Nebraska would wear the garbage that Adidas has put them in, I'd have said 'no way.'

Yeah, hopefully UND ends up going with a company that sticks to time honored uniforms and traditions like NIKE and UNDERARMOUR. :silly:

All of you folks screaming for a deal with Adidas...be careful what you wish for!

adidas-Nebraska-Red-Rising-960.jpg

So besides it being red and black instead of Nebraska's traditional red and white, what is wrong with this uniform?

miamiohshoulders.jpg

Miami...meet Adidas.

A school's name being on their uniforms? Say it isn't so!

mississippi-state-football-uniforms-2014-2-570x855.jpg

"HAIL STATE". What's next, Twitter hashtags on jerseys? if so, I have one: #Adidas_uniforms_suck_bad

I love these uniforms. So what exactly is wrong with them? This is about as traditional as you can get with a uniform. So the Miami uniforms are bad because they have the school's name on them. These uniforms are bad because they DON'T have the school name on them? Got it.

You better not go to any football or basketball games in person anymore. You might have a heart attack when you see how many teams have hashtags painted on their fields and courts.

12:08:17-ND_Uniform_Hate.jpg

Speaking of Notre Dame...

Very nice, classic looking uniform. The line on the helmet isn't centered, so???
  • Upvote 1

So besides it being red and black instead of Nebraska's traditional red and white, what is wrong with this uniform?

A school's name being on their uniforms? Say it isn't so!

I love these uniforms. So what exactly is wrong with them? This is about as traditional as you can get with a uniform. So the Miami uniforms are bad because they have the school's name on them. These uniforms are bad because they DON'T have the school name on them? Got it.

You better not go to any football or basketball games in person anymore. You might have a heart attack when you see how many teams have hashtags painted on their fields and courts.

Very nice, classic looking uniform. The line on the helmet isn't centered, so???

I know, I know...I'm Lawrence Welk in a Jay-Z world...

I also bend the bills on all my baseball hats.

I don't think you will be seeing any exotic jerseys after reading this article http://www.grandforksherald.com/content/wayne-nelson-reading-between-lines-helpful

Couldn't agree more!

Physical, hard-nosed, disciplined football is coming back to UND, and that means wins and respect!

As far as uniforms go, I agree that UND should wear green at home and white on the road. I also agree that wearing black once a year or so at home for "hype" reasons is just fine - it's done around the country.

Now, the only thing left to accomplish is to acquire quality green jerseys; the ones UND has now will not cut it.

Couldn't agree more!

Physical, hard-nosed, disciplined football is coming back to UND, and that means wins and respect!

As far as uniforms go, I agree that UND should wear green at home and white on the road. I also agree that wearing black once a year or so at home for "hype" reasons is just fine - it's done around the country.

Now, the only thing left to accomplish is to acquire quality green jerseys; the ones UND has now will not cut it.

Yep, now don't leave some pink. It's a school color as well.

Yep, now don't leave some pink. It's a school color as well.

UND football has never wore pink and they never should.

Yes its a school color but no part of pink screams "hard-nosed" football.

Perhaps for breast cancer awareness month it can be incorporated via accessories (armbands, gloves, socks, etc.)