SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

UND Fan

Does anyone know if Hannah Stewart, the all-state 6'2" BB player from Minot Ryan, is the daughter of former UND BB letterwinner, John Stewart? I think he lives in Minot.

She is apparently very good and just a junior. If she is DI material, it would be nice to have an inside track on landing her.

Does anyone know if Hannah Stewart, the all-state 6'2" BB player from Minot Ryan, is the daughter of former UND BB letterwinner, John Stewart? I think he lives in Minot.

She is apparently very good and just a junior. If she is DI material, it would be nice to have an inside track on landing her.

Her dad is Pete Stewart and yes he is a former UND player. Her mom also played at UND and currently is the girls coach at Minot Ryan

Her dad is Pete Stewart and yes he is a former UND player. Her mom also played at UND and currently is the girls coach at Minot Ryan

Thanks, I wrote John but wondered if it might have been Pete! Refresh my memory, who is the mom/wife?

Have you seen her play? If so, your thoughts?

Thanks, I wrote John but wondered if it might have been Pete! Refresh my memory, who is the mom/wife?

Have you seen her play? If so, your thoughts?

Her mom was Julie Wahl and I believe she was Miss Basketball. Hannah runs the floor quite well for a big girl and is pretty athletic. She can be pretty dominant but playing class b probalby hasn't faced to much competition. I'm sure there will be a pretty big learning curve.

Her mom was Julie Wahl and I believe she was Miss Basketball. Hannah runs the floor quite well for a big girl and is pretty athletic. She can be pretty dominant but playing class b probalby hasn't faced to much competition. I'm sure there will be a pretty big learning curve.

OK - thanks!

Her Mom is Julie Wald Stewart. Julie played at UND, and was an outstanding player. She's now coaching her daughter's team at Ryan after being a college coach in Seattle. She knows what she's doing. Hannah has faced some very good competition at various basketball venues with their club team. I believe their high school/club team also beat the class A powers at a summer tournament last summer. But, she's probably an even better softball player than a bb player and will probably have offers from D1 powers to play that instead of bb. Hannah could definitely play bb at UND if she chose to play in ND after high school. We've had a lot of girls from small schools in MN do very well for us here.

Freije is from Edmore, Lakota-Edmore have a sports co-op. Both UND and NDSU have been at her games this year. I believe Brewster was in Minot just before xmas when LE played Ryan. I'm sure he was looking at both Freije and Stewart.

I believe Freije scored 45 in that game. She was just named All-State for the third year in a row. Still has her senior season left..........

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

20 pts, 10 rbs, and All State selection. Another Fargo player to UND like Burck, hopefully Klabo devlops as Burck has if not more.

FU vowed they wouldn't lose a player from their back yard again. They brought in a Penn St coach who wasn't supposed to allow this. Idaho even has relatives that played for FU. It's a slap in all their faces.

FU vowed they wouldn't lose a player from their back yard again. They brought in a Penn St coach who wasn't supposed to allow this. Idaho even has relatives that played for FU. It's a slap in all their faces.

The recruiting battle goes on and so does the rivalry. At least we know Brewster puts a priority on local talent, which means he is not leaving like SUU and UNC coach in the conference.

Settle down. She also has relatives that played at UND.

• 1 month later...