SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA D-I basketball tournament

jimdahl

Sounds like the women will be playing Sunday night at 7pm. Game will be ESPN2.

This is going to be extremely tough since its on A&M's home court. Which I think is unfair. The men doesn't do it, this is the NCAA Tournament not the NIT. I wish the women all the luck and hope they can get the biggest upset win in UND women's basketball history.

This is going to be extremely tough since its on A&M's home court. Which I think is unfair. The men doesn't do it, this is the NCAA Tournament not the NIT. I wish the women all the luck and hope they can get the biggest upset win in UND women's basketball history.

I think they do it for attendance purposes. Women's BB still has trouble drawing fans, despite the overall improvement in talent and competitiveness over the past 10-15 years. At least we aren't playing a #2 seed Stanford (a perennial power in WBB) like USD is. :crazy:

I think they do it for attendance purposes. Women's BB still has trouble drawing fans, despite the overall improvement in talent and competitiveness over the past 10-15 years. At least we aren't playing a #2 seed Stanford (a perennial power in WBB) like USD is. :crazy:

I guess that makes sense.

Unlike those in Bisonville smacking the women's NCAA Tournament, here we appreciate the accomplishment of UND and USD in making it to the dance. Good luck to the Dakota women!!!!

Those hypocrites! If the NDSU WBB program ever gets their house in order and wins the Slummit League tournament, they would be going ape-crap over there about it! "How far will we go; I think we can win the whole thing!", "How does this team stack up to the Kasey Morlock-led teams of the 1990's?" and blah, blah, blah. :silly: Just wait, they'll change their tune once the shoe is on the other foot.

Those hypocrites! If the NDSU WBB program ever gets their house in order and wins the Slummit League tournament, they would be going ape-crap over there about it! "How far will we go; I think we can win the whole thing!", "How does this team stack up to the Kasey Morlock-led teams of the 1990's?" and blah, blah, blah. :silly: Just wait, they'll change their tune once the shoe is on the other foot.

You guys care wayyyy too much what they think.

• Upvote 1

You guys care wayyyy too much what they think.

It's just funny to see them pump up sports like volleyball, women's basketball, softball, etc when their team is winning, but slam the sport and pretend they don't care when their team sucks and their rival is excelling. Just a little humor before the dance tomorrow night.

No 14 or 15 seed has ever won an NCAA tournament game. A 16 seed has done it (1998)

It will take a perfect game from UND to do it. They need to play their game and execute everything. They would also need to do what they haven't done well at year and hit outside shots. I would love for them to do it, it would be awesome and significant, but I am not expecting it.

Is UND the only school from the Summit or Big Sky that still has a team playing basketball in any of the tournaments?

I know SDSU, IUPUI and Montana are still alive in the WNIT (Southern Utah lost their second round game yesterday). There are some Summit teams in the CIT. Assuming those are included in the "any of the tournaments" meaning.

Just a reminder, ESPN2 at 7pm.

Almost game time for the ladies. A&M is favored by 21.5 on their home court. Going to be a tough one, need to slow down the game, keep it close and watch A&M start tightening up. Been a great season so far, would love to see it extended another game.

Also saw that UConn is a favored by 57.5 points against Prairie View. Yikes.