SiouxSports.com Forum

MN High School Boys Basketball Tourney

SWSiouxMN

I was happy to hear dick jankowski doing public address at Williams though he did struggle at times. The guy is hilarious and does speaking engagements as polish eagle. He also used to do p a for shakopee which is when i met and worked with him.

Shakopee plays zone all game and won't come out of it even in the OTs. Hopkins says fine we'll hold ball and run the clock down for the last shot in all 4 OTs but then decides enough is a 'nuf and hits a 60 foot raibow to win it as time runs out in the 4th OT. REALLY??? Cue the Hoffarber footage!

If Shakopee can't match up at each position to be able to play man to man, zone defense is their best option. Standing and holding the ball for 4:40 is not sports. You can't tell me that the team that averaged 88+ points per game coming into state tourney was stymied by facing a zone defense. If that doesn't cement the need for a shot clock, nothing will.

If Shakopee can't match up at each position to be able to play man to man, zone defense is their best option. Standing and holding the ball for 4:40 is not sports. You can't tell me that the team that averaged 88+ points per game coming into state tourney was stymied by facing a zone defense. If that doesn't cement the need for a shot clock, nothing will.

Agree. How a shot clock doesn't benefit all involved at games like this a no brainer. In MN they keep the clock running in the second half during blowouts to end the misery but won't institute a shot clock to help with the flow of games?

• 1 month later...

Agree. How a shot clock doesn't benefit all involved at games like this a no brainer. In MN they keep the clock running in the second half during blowouts to end the misery but won't institute a shot clock to help with the flow of games?

It's Minnesota. Nothing makes sense here.

It's Minnesota. Nothing makes sense here.

I guess that explains a lot about me :D

Nevertheless, I would be shocked if a shot clock gets put in within the next 5 years. I just don't see it happening. I think home whites would happen before that did. (I think Minnesota is the only state that has high school teams wear darks at home)

MN did test having a shot clock for the biggest schools quite a few years back. Not sure why they decided not to. However one thing I heard was the expense of equipment and then hiring a person for every game. Doesn't seem like should've been a big issue for those schools. Obviously smaller schools would never have it. Does class B in ND use it?

I guess that explains a lot about me :D

Nevertheless, I would be shocked if a shot clock gets put in within the next 5 years. I just don't see it happening. I think home whites would happen before that did. (I think Minnesota is the only state that has high school teams wear darks at home)

Yea, WTF is up with that?