SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Tournament

SWSiouxMN

Very proud of the women's team. I am going to be honest enough to say I had some concerns after last season. But Brewster deserves major kudos for turning things around so quickly. Maybe the most impressive thing is that of the eight-person rotation, how many were really highly-recruited? Not many. Loyd in particular turned out to be a complete steal.

Very proud of the women's team. I am going to be honest enough to say I had some concerns after last season. But Brewster deserves major kudos for turning things around so quickly. Maybe the most impressive thing is that of the eight-person rotation, how many were really highly-recruited? Not many. Loyd in particular turned out to be a complete steal.

And she is only going to get better, if she develops a 3 point shot we might have another Big Sky POY as soon as next year. Getting Lauck and Dillon back next year and getting some good recruits coming in next year, we have a very good shot to repeat. Although the road will be very difficult with Idaho joining, Montana, ISU, SUU, and Eastern Washington all going to be tough.

SOMEWHERE - believe it or not - Gene Roebuck is smiling! He had the balls to shepard this program through the DI Transition when another school (cough, ndsuACHOO! - oh, excuse me) saw their formerly "great" coach BAIL on the DI era so it wouldn't hurt her "legacy". Now their program is total crap and the rebuild will take another half a decade at least.....HAHA!!! I guess Amy was always all about herself though...selfish, self centered, totally DISAPPEARED OFF THE RADAR - she might be living with Joe Chapman (as his MAID of course) for all we know :lol:

Gene knew this program could succeed at the next level and he took the steps to make sure that happened - including leading the team through the sh*t of the transition and positioning Brew to take the reins. Took some wrangling but look how that has payed off in just 2 years in the Big Sky! Congrats ladies and enjoy it - you earned it! Way to go!!!!

• Upvote 1

Watched the State A girls tournament. Doesn't really look like their is any D1 talent their. Maybe their are some good ones out their that didn't make it to state . Anyone know where the talent locally is? It appears their are not near as many good girls locally as their used to be.

Official capacity is 3300. There is absolutely no way the place was only about 60% full. It was at least 80% full, and probably more.

I'd say 2,500+ was the actual attendance.

I'm thinking we actually do have a situation where the host school is under-reporting the attendance numbers in an effort to the retain more of the gate revenue.

Been reading the Weber St. board, and their fans are saying that reported attendance for the men's championship game is around 6,200 but fans are saying that it was closer to 8,000 butts in the seats for the title game.

Similar situation to the last few years of DII football playoffs, and the last year the women basketball team hosted a DII regional.

Case in point: I only went to a handful of basketball games this year. We officially drew 2,033 for the men when Montana was in town, which I was at. The Sioux Center was way more full for the Women's Big Sky title game this weekend by comparison.

It was the best crowd I've seen at the Sioux Center since the 2007 women's regional outside of this year's men's NDSU game.