SiouxSports.com Forum

Kvly's decision to air bison basketball instead of the hawks-pens

Redneksioux

It's funny how none of you people know how local TV actual works. Yes, airing a bison bbgame over a national televised hockey may upset a few people but local television is what KVLY is all about. Local advertisers are more willing to put their money into a Bison bball game instead of a national televised game that KVLY probably was only allowed to sell 2 - 4 spots in it anyway. Be prepared to see a lot more locally produced programs on both KVLY and WDAZ/WDAY

Be prepared for more compliats from viewers everywhere.

And NBC sure thought this NHL game was important enough for national coverage. Some idiot at kvly thought otherwise. I don't care what they pre-empted it with. But I will say the circus show they put on in the bison crap arena was laughable.

And North Dakota's NBC allifiate said we have better stuff to do.

What channel is it put on? Is it a major network that makes you miss something big or some smaller network that nothing would be on anyway? I know a lot of people in ND who love that they get to see the best state tournament in the nation and one of the best sporting events to attend, haven't ever seen too many complaining about having it on.

One of the local networks I believe.

And North Dakota's NBC allifiate said we have better stuff to do.

One of the local networks I believe.

I know in NW Minnesota we get it on some KCPM which really doesn't show anything else except for state tournaments every year and old movies and reruns of old shows.

I think a lot fans would of accepted what KVLY did if they would have went right to the hockey game when the basketball game was over but they showed all of the long drawn out post game. I think that is what really irritated a lot of viewers. It just simply didn't look like they were really concerned with trying to work for what their overall viewership would of wanted. They made a mistake and I am sure they will hear about it.

I know in NW Minnesota we get it on some KCPM which really doesn't show anything else except for state tournaments every year and old movies and reruns of old shows.

I searched for it in the Wednesday, 6:00 P.M. time slot so I could watch EGF. I found it on MidSN2 with is channel 322 on my (Mayville) cable system.

I think a lot fans would of accepted what KVLY did if they would have went right to the hockey game when the basketball game was over but they showed all of the long drawn out post game. I think that is what really irritated a lot of viewers. It just simply didn't look like they were really concerned with trying to work for what their overall viewership would of wanted. They made a mistake and I am sure they will hear about it.

Yeah I'm surprised they did that, they could have moved that over to MeTV for anyone that wanted to see it.

Last game ever in there... won't be able to call it a sh**hole anymore

Shouldn't you be out forging votes in that 6th fan contest or is that over now that your fans got caught breaking the rules? Now I see where the football players get it from...

Shouldn't you be out forging votes in that 6th fan contest or is that over now that your fans got caught breaking the rules? Now I see where the football players get it from...

Hey remember that one time when NBC passed up on some huge NHL game for Bison basketball senior night? Me too.

Do your remember the last D1 football championship UND won or the last time their men's basketball team went to the "Big Dance"? Oh yeah, never.

NDSU and UND have not won a D1 football championship. Pretty sure the winner was Florida St this year and Alabama a few years in a row before that. That's the only one that matters. That JV D1 championship only matters to Fargo fans, sorry!

NDSU and UND have not won a D1 football championship. Pretty sure the winner was Florida St this year and Alabama a few years in a row before that. That's the only one that matters. That JV D1 championship only matters to Fargo fans, sorry!

So...... Why did UND move up?