SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins Baseball 2014

MafiaMan

• 3 weeks later...

The Twins are focused on developing their young players. Or at least I hope that is what they are doing. If they are planning another fire sale, I will be most displeased. :angry:

If keeping Josh Willingham (age 35) means "developing young players," well, I have a young 1B by the name of Ryan Howard that the Phillies would gladly send your way...

If keeping Josh Willingham (age 35) means "developing young players," well, I have a young 1B by the name of Ryan Howard that the Phillies would gladly send your way...

I was referring to some of the guys they have been test driving at Spring Training the past couple of years. Anyway, the Twins have shown some signs of life this year. We'll just have to wait and see if it continues in the coming years.

Should have traded Willingham last year. Couldn't trade him this year even if they wanted to, no one wanted him.

I think you're correct. All the losing makes everything a blur.

145 games, 35 HR's, 110 RBI's in 2012...he got injured in 2013 and played only 111 games.

Me thinks the Twins now have Torii Hunter seller's remorse so now they want to keep anyone and everyone just in case they go on that 30-0 stretch and get back in the pennant race.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Twins will turn it on now and win 9 of their last 12. They will take that momentum into the off season where Gardy will sign an extension through 2020, along with additional $$ for his assistants, as long as Anderson remains part of the staff. They have both done a hell of a job developing talent (for their opposing teams in MLB).

87 losses + 12 more = 99.  Detroit was set to go up 1.5 on KC last night until the Royals came back in the bottom of the 9th to win at home against Chicago.

You think they lose out? With Detroit fighting for a playoff spot I'd be surprised if the Twins win any of those games and could easily see them up to 96 losses by the end of the year.

Wasn't arguing that they could reach 100 just an honest question of how many more will they win because with Detroit fighting for a playoff spot I'd be surprised if the Twins win any of them and could easily see them up to 96 losses.

Yea, Detroit could very well need all of the games against Minnesota from here on out. Scherzer should be livid today...that bullpen turned a sure-win into a no-decision for him pretty quickly last night. Awfully tough to sweep a team four straight though, even if Detroit is at home at the end of the season.

Angels wrapped up the west last night...the A's free-fall has been Cubs-esque.

Watching the end of that game I turned and said to one of my family members which closer is worse right now? Perkins seems to be giving up a homer and blowing a save every time he goes out there lately.

No secret that I'm a Tigers fan...I sweat bullets every time Joe Nathan takes the mound.

Yeah you gotta be hoping for a complete game from the starter every game with the way the Tigers bullpen has been.

The Tigers should have had this thing wrapped up weeks ago. What was it, a 6 or 7 game lead at the All-Star break? A win last night would have been huge. Down 2-0 in the 9th with 2 outs and you get a 3-run jack to take a 3-2 lead going into the bottom half...and then Nathan blows it. Against the Twins. Not the Orioles, not the Angels. The Twins. Luckily the White Sox held on...