SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

Dalton Feeney, 6'4" QB Bismarck Century should be on the list. Had great Soph yr and missed last year due to foot inj. Healthy now and playing BB for Century. He also plays baseball and is projected as potential draft choice. Reportedly throws 90 mph last year. Kids a great athlete. Dad, Steve, played at UND. Grandfather was FB coach at Bismarck High and uncle played at Ag School.

Sounds and looks like a great prospect. I'm sure Bubba and his staff will be looking into him; try get him to attend summer camp if possible!

Http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1634567/dalton-feeney

Sounds and looks like a great prospect. I'm sure Bubba and his staff will be looking into him; try get him to attend summer camp if possible!

Http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1634567/dalton-feeney

Bubba may have competition from other UND coaches (basketball and baseball). Has UND ever had a multi sport athlete?

Bubba may have competition from other UND coaches (basketball and baseball). Has UND ever had a multi sport athlete?

Many over the years. Kleinsasser played BB his freshman year. Usually guys do FB and track. Been awhile since we have had bb or baseball and fb playe. We had 3 played fb and baseball but that was quite awhile ago. Rick Wilson who had nice NHL career played fb and hockey if I recall. That was before when we weren't a hockey school or fb school but we were the University of North Dakota and we could get to class and still support our athletic teams even when they had down years. Hockey players went to the fb games and fb players went to BB and hockey. Fans attended all.

Didn't UND have a kid who played football, then when his final FB year was done, he played defense for the hockey team, and went on to play for the Pittsburgh Penguins for some years? Seems to me it was Jay .........something?

Caufield. He only has two Stanley Cup rings. Some guy named "Mario Lemieux" credits Jay with getting him back into game shape after he'd been away from the game for a while. 

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=861

Let's get this on record now:

Fall 2015 ND HS football will have (above/about/below) average number of DI recruits. 

Fall 2015 MN HS football will have (above/about/below) average number of DI recruits. 

Fall 2015 WI HS football will have (above/about/below) average number of DI recruits. 

:D 

Let's get this on record now:

Fall 2015 ND HS football will have (above/about/below) average number of DI recruits. 

Fall 2015 MN HS football will have (above/about/below) average number of DI recruits. 

Fall 2015 WI HS football will have (above/about/below) average number of DI recruits. 

:D

The North Dakota number depends on how many end up at NDSU.  For example, if NDSU signs 4 players from North Dakota next year, there will have been 4 legitimate D1 recruits.  If they sign 7, the answer is 7.  And so on.....

• Upvote 4

Norm Mcgee (sp.) back in the 80's ran track and Football and I believe Javen Butler currently run track as well? I remember Caulfield. I think he played maybe one shift in hockey at UND. Went on to win 2 cups.

Too bad he only had 1 year of football at UND. Dude was a beast.  If I remember right, Nebraska wanted him as a football walk-on before he came to UND for hoops.

I don't think UND basketball has had a guy like him since--somebody who could jump over you OR just physically overpower you.

Caufield. He only has two Stanley Cup rings. Some guy named "Mario Lemieux" credits Jay with getting him back into game shape after he'd been away from the game for a while. 

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=861

Also has a cameo role in the film Sudden Death with Jean-Claude Van Damme.  Just take my word for it and do not watch this movie :)

Didn't include Feeney because of my assumption he'll play baseball at a high major. Still think from a fb standpoint he'd be one they might want to see in camp first. Two other local qbs worth watching might be.

Ben Bolinskie - Minot - maybe on the small side but has a really nice arm and footwork. Also a great athlete that can run.

Matt Bye - Moorhead - not quite the arm as Bolinskie, but better measurables and maybe faster. Might be recruitable as an athlete.

I'm not a QB expert so ill let the ones on here breakdown their film. My guess would be both are probably somewhat on the radar and will be watched by UND.

I was told by Bismarck fan he thought Feeney wanted to play FB. Big time arm and potentialy big time baseball player. Need to recruit him as if fb is his first love until he says otherwise. Didn't play last year so need to get him to camp but certainly one of top QB prospects in region.

• 3 weeks later...

SFI posted UND is hosting Junior Day tomorrow. Looks like Braeden Hanson from Red River will be there. Anyone know anything about this kid, I see he is a wide receiver listed at 6'7" 185lbs. Not sure I've seen a receive that tall before, but he could be a dangerous weapon if he puts on another 20-30 lbs before college. Not sure what his speed is like, just surprise by his height.

SFI posted UND is hosting Junior Day tomorrow. Looks like Braeden Hanson from Red River will be there. Anyone know anything about this kid, I see he is a wide receiver listed at 6'7" 185lbs. Not sure I've seen a receive that tall before, but he could be a dangerous weapon if he puts on another 20-30 lbs before college. Not sure what his speed is like, just surprise by his height.

6'7" WR?!? Damn throw it up and let him go get it. I see Braeden Hanson and think of the former UND QB of 2012.