SiouxSports.com Forum

UND and the Big Sky could go FBS

SiouxVolley

Can UND drop back down to D2? Not too sure any teams would’ve done very well there either but they would’ve been a little more competitive. And maybe the hockey team could move to The Atlantic conference where they’d fit in a little better. 

UND needs some changes, but we all know none will be made. Not even the president will get the boot when an abnormally big donor calls for his job. 

My donations and my season ticket purchases will be on halt for at least the 2019-2020 seasons. When every single sport is down at the same time, and all the others have been cut, there seems to be deeper problems. 

• Downvote 7

1 hour ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

My donations and my season ticket purchases will be on halt for at least the 2019-2020 seasons. When every single sport is down at the same time, and all the others have been cut, there seems to be deeper problems. 

Hopefully a few more have this attitude and I can upgrade my seats across the board. 

But just curious, which of the cut sports did you spent time and money following that is now causing you heartburn not being around? 

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Hopefully a few more have this attitude and I can upgrade my seats across the board. 

But just curious, which of the cut sports did you spent time and money following that is now causing you heartburn not being around? 

And which coaches were different in 2016 when UND had an incredible year in athletics?

I assume his donations went up after that year because they're based on the results of teams...

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Metro State has turned down the WAC offer.

https://msudenver.edu/early-bird/2019/03/18-dii-vote.shtml

Might be a different story when the Big Sky offers and there is convenient travel partners.

Metro St -No Col

Dixie St - SUU

Idaho St - UVU

Portland St - CWU

Mudh less travel expense compared to the WAC and not too much more than the RMAC which has SD, NMex and Utah schools.

12 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Metro State has turned down the WAC offer.

https://msudenver.edu/early-bird/2019/03/18-dii-vote.shtml

Might be a different story when the Big Sky offers and there is convenient travel partners.

Metro St -No Col

Dixie St - SUU

Idaho St - UVU

Portland St - CWU

Mudh less travel expense compared to the WAC and not too much more than the RMAC which has SD, NMex and Utah schools.

What happened to the WAC doing a favor for the Big Sky?

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Hayduke said:

Oh, dear sweet baby Jesus...make this thread stop.  Oh, please!

:blink::blink::blink:

What? And give up a chance to play Augustana every year? And maybe somebody called Metro State? I mean if they decide to play football? Why wouldn't we want that? 

• 4 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I think it was R U Kidding Me State vs WTF U. 

It’s a sad state of affairs if today’s youth consider this a sport   

I guess if little Johnny can't make the Octopush team there's always this. 

• 2 weeks later...

USC, UCLA, and Notre Dame are the only FBS teams that have never played an FCS team.  USC may just change that, as Cal Poly, UC Davis and Sac St are in state teams.

https://reignoftroy.com/2019/05/20/usc-football-heading-towards-scheduling-fcs-schools/

The PAC12 requires nine conference games, USC plays ND each year, and USC plays at least one MWC team.  An FCS team would cut costs and still allow 12 games.

But that presumes those California FCS teams don’t move in five years.

On 5/1/2019 at 1:41 AM, SiouxVolley said:

Three new bowls coming up.  Forty three bowls total.  Guess there is an insatiable demand.

Fanway Park

The new Los Angeles Rams Stadium

Myrtle Beach, Coastal Carolina’s expanded stadium

https://watchstadium.com/news/fenway-park-host-bowl-game-between-acc-aac-teams-04-30-2019/

@SiouxVolley how can you spell the name of the  hallowed Fenway Park wrong? Talk about blasphemy.