SiouxSports.com Forum
SiouxVolley

UND and the Big Sky could go FBS

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

How does Montana St coach Jeff Choate know that Incarnate Word wants to be FBS, which he says in this article?  Maybe he was reading Siouxsports.com, when I pointed out an article in a San Antonio paper where IWU needs to trim down sports for FBS as they have too many :p.  How could Incarnate Word, McNeese St, Sam Houston St, and Lamar ever get the resources to go FBS, unless in a WAC with NMSU, UTRGV, Cal Poly, UCDavis, and Sac St?

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/sports/bobcats/football/five-things-to-know-about-incarnate-word/article_eaa4e029-96a4-5ecd-9333-d09b626a33cd.html

Perhaps Montana State has been surveying the potential FBS moveup field to position themselves?

You are right about 1 thing . . .  they could invest very little, move the WAC, and masquerade as an FBS football team.   If that's what you want, I say do it.

How does Montana St coach Jeff Choate know that Incarnate Word wants to be FBS, which he says in this article?  Maybe he was reading Siouxsports.com, when I pointed out an article in a San Antonio paper where IWU needs to trim down sports for FBS as they have too many.  How could Incarnate Word, McNeese St, Sam Houston St, and Lamar ever get the resources to go FBS, unless in a WAC with NMSU, UTRGV, Cal Poly, UCDavis, and Sac St.

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/sports/bobcats/football/five-things-to-know-about-incarnate-word/article_eaa4e029-96a4-5ecd-9333-d09b626a33cd.html

I would love to see the quote in that article that says they needed to cut sports for FBS. The problem for you is that there isn't one. From the article you mention:

"Bottom line: Probably the only way UIW can alter the forecast for financial bleeding in its athletic department is to cut back on the number of sports."

And:

"But such a strategy, experts say, is not a realistic one for a Division I-FCS school with millions in expenses, including funding for 63 football scholarships that can be divided up any way among a maximum of 85 players."

The best part of searching for Incarnate Word FBS is that lists your posts on another board, in which we can see everyone else knows you're as crazy as we know.

How does Montana St coach Jeff Choate know that Incarnate Word wants to be FBS, which he says in this article?  Maybe he was reading Siouxsports.com, when I pointed out an article in a San Antonio paper where IWU needs to trim down sports for FBS as they have too many :p.  How could Incarnate Word, McNeese St, Sam Houston St, and Lamar ever get the resources to go FBS, unless in a WAC with NMSU, UTRGV, Cal Poly, UCDavis, and Sac St?

Perhaps Montana State has been surveying the potential FBS moveup field to position themselves?

Still doesnt answer the question about resources. How would a WAC affiliation alleviate those problems.

7 minutes ago, southpaw said:

I would love to see the quote in that article that says they needed to cut sports for FBS. The problem for you is that there isn't one. From the article you mention:

"Bottom line: Probably the only way UIW can alter the forecast for financial bleeding in its athletic department is to cut back on the number of sports."

And:

"But such a strategy, experts say, is not a realistic one for a Division I-FCS school with millions in expenses, including funding for 63 football scholarships that can be divided up any way among a maximum of 85 players."

The best part of searching for Incarnate Word FBS is that lists your posts on another board, in which we can see everyone else knows you're as crazy as we know.

So I’m as clued in and crazy as Jeff Choate apparently?

3 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Still doesnt answer the question about resources.

Answered this a thousand times.  Liberty has money to go up to FBS by itself (a bunch of paid games).  In a conference, 8 games are mandated so the financial strain is limited.  But your bison brain can’t comprehend financials.

1 minute ago, SiouxVolley said:

Answered this a thousand times.  Liberty has money to go up to FBS by itself (a bunch of paid games).  In a conference, 8 games are mandated so the financial strain is limited.  But your bison brain can’t comprehend financials.

Having 8 conference games doesnt decrease expenses.

9 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Having 8 conference games doesnt decrease expenses.

You are an absolute moron.  Liberty has to pay for five home FBS schools big bucks.  Coastal Carolina has to pay measly bucks for an one FCS home game.

55 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

You are an absolute moron.  Liberty has to pay for five home FBS schools big bucks.  Coastal Carolina has to pay measly bucks for an one FCS home game.

And big bucks for 85 scholarships, plus higher coaches salaries all for the right to play teams none of their fans care about. 

3 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Of course Liberty HAS to pay because they are an INDEPENDENT . When they get to conference play they are still going to have the normal expenses.

You still havent explained how joining a WAC is going to alleviate the resource prolems?

4 hours ago, southpaw said:

And big bucks for 85 scholarships, plus higher coaches salaries all for the right to play teams none of their fans care about. 

Already said cutting baseball and WIH practically negates the cost of FBS and other Title IX issues.  There is more cutting that can be done like men’s tennis.  UND has to get their fb staff right before FBS can proceed with a target of beginning the transition in 2022.

How does La-Monroe and Coastal Carolina afford  FBS when they both have less than $30 mill endowment?  Both have lower enrollments than UND. UND is above almost all of the Sun Belt in academics and athletic facilities.  So if the Montanas, South Dakota and NDSU have already said “Let’s go FBS”, there would be refusal on your part as director of Siouxsports realignment, and revert to the Northern Sun.

But of course one is supposed to dominate FCS like NDSU has before a school can even think about FBS.  The idea that UND and FBS can go together just enrages the bison trolls. 

2 hours ago, bison73 said:

Of course Liberty HAS to pay because they are an INDEPENDENT . When they get to conference play they are still going to have the normal expenses.

You still havent explained how joining a WAC is going to alleviate the resource prolems?

NDSU and UND for the millionth time would not be joining the WAC full time.  Reading retention shows that you have dementia from the brain hits during fb.

You have a very hard time with reading comprehension and the chronology of the post. Not only that but you cant remember who said what AND you cant even remember what YOU said.

ex  """How does Montana St coach Jeff Choate know that Incarnate Word wants to be FBS, which he says in this article?  Maybe he was reading Siouxsports.com, when I pointed out an article in a San Antonio paper where IWU needs to trim down sports for FBS as they have too many :p.  How could Incarnate Word, McNeese St, Sam Houston St, and Lamar ever get the resources to go FBS, unless in a WAC with NMSU, UTRGV, Cal Poly, UCDavis, and Sac St?""""

So again after at many attempts at deflection-------How could Incarnate Word, McNeese St, Sam Houston St, and Lamar ever get the resources to go FBS, unless in a WAC with NMSU, UTRGV, Cal Poly, UCDavis, and Sac St?""""

So I will ask again ---how will a wac move solve the lack of resources problem.

Oh I never mmentioned NDSU or UND--you brought it up for whatever reason.

ps we dont care if you go FBS. You couldnt afford the BSC.

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

You have a very hard time with reading comprehension and the chronology of the post. Not only that but you cant remember who said what AND you cant even remember what YOU said.

ex  """How does Montana St coach Jeff Choate know that Incarnate Word wants to be FBS, which he says in this article?  Maybe he was reading Siouxsports.com, when I pointed out an article in a San Antonio paper where IWU needs to trim down sports for FBS as they have too many :p.  How could Incarnate Word, McNeese St, Sam Houston St, and Lamar ever get the resources to go FBS, unless in a WAC with NMSU, UTRGV, Cal Poly, UCDavis, and Sac St?""""

So again after at many attempts at deflection-------How could Incarnate Word, McNeese St, Sam Houston St, and Lamar ever get the resources to go FBS, unless in a WAC with NMSU, UTRGV, Cal Poly, UCDavis, and Sac St?""""

So I will ask again ---how will a wac move solve the lack of resources problem.

Oh I never mmentioned NDSU or UND--you brought it up for whatever reason.

ps we dont care if you go FBS. You couldnt afford the BSC.

Take a break and go home.