SiouxSports.com Forum

UND and the Big Sky could go FBS

SiouxVolley

8 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

That's not true!  Not referencing jdub specifically of course at all, but if NDSU went FBS, 90% of UNDs football fan base would be frothing at the mouth that the same move would need to happen the next day for us.  If NDSU did away with scholarships and joined the Pioneer league, it would be the same scenario.  Where they go, we will follow.  The fanbase won't accept a schedule that doesn't have The Bison on it.  That's why we are moving to the SumValley, no other reason.  

It is so perplexing to me that we voluntarily left a conference that FBS schools are apparently willing to drop down a level to join, while at the same time our new conference is wondering what DII schools could possibly be convinced to join.................

Plenty of fans here want UND to make a deep playoff run in FCS multiple times before FBS is ever considered.  Like Coastal Carolina, USA, Georgia St, or Texas St ever made a deep FCS  run.

The bison trolls hate the idea that UND would even consider FBS.  To them, that apostasy.  But it’s fine if they move up, but no other conference wants them, so their stuck where there are unless regional state schools join to Summit.

1 hour ago, bincitysioux said:

That's not true!  Not referencing jdub specifically of course at all, but if NDSU went FBS, 90% of UNDs football fan base would be frothing at the mouth that the same move would need to happen the next day for us.  If NDSU did away with scholarships and joined the Pioneer league, it would be the same scenario.  Where they go, we will follow.  The fanbase won't accept a schedule that doesn't have The Bison on it.  That's why we are moving to the SumValley, no other reason.  

It is so perplexing to me that we voluntarily left a conference that FBS schools are apparently willing to drop down a level to join, while at the same time our new conference is wondering what DII schools could possibly be convinced to join.................

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

to both points

7 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

Conference that FBS schools are joining?  It’s Idaho and New Mexico State, not LSU and Georgia.  Idaho and New Mexico State . . . Two schools that have no shot at FCS titles.  Idaho and New Mexico State . . . You realize its Idaho and New Mexico State, right?

IPFW keeps looking at IUPUI (or whatever it is called now) having already jumped ship. 

12 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

... the Summit has major issues keeping their autobid without IPFW.

In all the noise of this thread, this fact keeps being overlooked.

If the Summit brass isn't looking at contingencies for this potentiality (eventuality?) they are derelict.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

IPFW keeps looking at IUPUI (or whatever it is called now) having already jumped ship. 

If the Summit brass isn't looking at contingencies for this potentiality (eventuality?) they are derelict.  

and I'm not liking one of their contingencies (Augie).  They better have another one or three that's not Augie. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Herd said:

Conference that FBS schools are joining?  It’s Idaho and New Mexico State, not LSU and Georgia.  Idaho and New Mexico State . . . Two schools that have no shot at FCS titles.  Idaho and New Mexico State . . . You realize its Idaho and New Mexico State, right?

I'll take NMSU BB in the Summit in a heartbeat over Augie.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

I don't think anyone is arguing with that point. If we're being realistic, outside of Augustana and some waivers, the solution is going to be UMKC coming back (with soccer) and UNC finally getting the baseball affiliation they requested multiple years ago. Gets both out of the WAC. Or NMSU joins, which was being discussed around the same time UND was thinking about switching conferences. There were discussions with NMSU by both the Big Sky and Summit. Once gives them a chance to stay at the FBS level in football only, the other gives them a path to drop down to FCS. 

The answer isn't that the Montanas and Idaho are going to magically decide to abandon the west and join some FBS conference that doesn't currently exist when there the financial benefit isn't there and half the schools can't afford it anyway. 

37 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I don't think anyone is arguing with that point. If we're being realistic, outside of Augustana and some waivers, the solution is going to be UMKC coming back (with soccer) and UNC finally getting the baseball affiliation they requested multiple years ago. Gets both out of the WAC. Or NMSU joins, which was being discussed around the same time UND was thinking about switching conferences. There were discussions with NMSU by both the Big Sky and Summit. Once gives them a chance to stay at the FBS level in football only, the other gives them a path to drop down to FCS. 

The answer isn't that the Montanas and Idaho are going to magically decide to abandon the west and join some FBS conference that doesn't currently exist when there the financial benefit isn't there and half the schools can't afford it anyway. 

I'm not convinced UMKC, would be coming back.  They are in a city that cares about the Chiefs, Royals, Sporting KC, not to mention the split between KU and Mizzou.  Actually, it's a great school if your pursuing academics, plus it has med school, but they just can't get anyone to support Roos athletics. The community or even the school community isn't interested in following for that matter.   My feeling is that if they ever move again, it will be to drop down, either D2 or NAIA.  In my humble opinion, I can't count on them.

On 9/14/2018 at 9:03 AM, MafiaMan said:

2hxuzs.jpg

You’ve used that meme a zillion times, Mafia Man.  Can’t you be more creative?

But I picture me and IPFW walking to the courthouse to sign separation papers, as she has been wanting out for years and sleeping with any conference more eastern but all the relatives and bison trolls say that bitch was such a catch.

3 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Nicer job.  Guess you’ll be a good hockey supporter and post this again when Kennedy announces it.

Is that before or after Bettman announces an NHL franchise in Missoula MT and the NBA places a team Lemmon SD?  I get confused on the timeline of some of your predictions.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, WYOBISONMAN said:

Good grief.....I have to stop by every few years and see if the board lunatic is still  ranting.   I see that he is and the topic is still the same.

By the way.....nice win over Sam last weekend. 

Back to Bisonville......

I committed a breach of FCS/bozoville protocol by even mentioning FBS, as moving to FBS requires national championships according to bisonville.  Suffering the wrath of those bozos because of it.  Just ask USA, Texas St, Coastal Carolina, Georgia St, etc.  

Forgive me for posting this, but bozo publications have been touting FBS with a four part series with even their AD chiming in.  He doesn’t knock or poo-poo moving to FBS but apparently UND fans should for itself?  The MWC or MAC would be absolutely foolish to invite NDSU so they have to find another way by grouping with other regional schools.  What business does not want to keep up with its main competitor?  UND fans that are embarrassed don’t have the least bit of business sense.

http://www.bisonillustrated.com/jump-to-the-fbs/

1 minute ago, Gothmog said:

As usual, you're completely missing the point. The point most posters make in this thread is not that UND, or NDSU, should not consider moving to FBS but that your ideas about how and when UND will move to FBS are very unlikely and that you've shown no real evidence to support those ideas. 

The bottom line is that you've been wrong so many times no one takes you seriously anymore.

But yet you still post and yet your AD still talks FBS.

8 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

But yet you still post and yet your AD still talks FBS.

You are really stretching here. This is nothing more than an informative piece of what it would take to move up. There is a lot of misconception. I hear it a lot when we go on road trips. People think just because you are successful you should just move up. As its really easy--wave the wand and poof and there you are.  There is so much more than just the athletic side.

Matt Larson has said numerous times when asked by the media that ---"we are happy where are. We are where we need to be." He isnt out there bloviating about going FBS like you.

• Upvote 2