SiouxSports.com Forum

UND and the Big Sky could go FBS

SiouxVolley

Humboldt St won’t have DII fb schools to play on the west coast when the Big Sky splits into FCS and FBS conferences.  CWU’s President has already expressed on Twitter that a DI upgrade is coming in 2020.  The Big Sky FCS remainders would also be smart to take Azusa Pacific and Dixie St too.  Simon Fraser could move up if the NCAA allows foreign schools in DI.  SFU has already almost played 8 years in DII, which is the minimum for DI.  That would have leave Humboldt St as the only DII fb school west of the RMAC.  They had to drop football or drop to DIII or NAIA.

I heard Williams knew she was going to be out of a job after July 1 when the Summit and Big Sky announced their merger so she took the much higher paying and more prestigious job as the COO of the CFB Playoffs. The announcement of the merger never happened (:0) but it was already too late to go back.....:silly:

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

"After football is discontinued, HSU’s athletics program will include 11 sports: men’s and women’s basketball, men’s and women’s cross country, men’s and women’s soccer, men’s and women’s track & field, crew, softball, and volleyball."

I smell a Title 9 lawsuit coming on behalf of the men.  Men's sports will be underrepresented at HSU, 7 women's sports & 4 men's sports.  I hope they plan on adding some men's sports to offset the loss of football. 

1 hour ago, Yote 53 said:

"After football is discontinued, HSU’s athletics program will include 11 sports: men’s and women’s basketball, men’s and women’s cross country, men’s and women’s soccer, men’s and women’s track & field, crew, softball, and volleyball."

I smell a Title 9 lawsuit coming on behalf of the men.  Men's sports will be underrepresented at HSU, 7 women's sports & 4 men's sports.  I hope they plan on adding some men's sports to offset the loss of football. 

Probably not much there for a Title 9 suit, as the student body at Humboldt is 56% Women, 44% Men.  Now with football out, the athletic opportunities provided probably fit the representation of the student body even better.

Rather strange that Wichita St is bringing back a marching band of over 100 to parade around a basketball court.

https://www.kansas.com/news/local/article215162835.html

Still say the the Shockers will restart FBS and play as an affiliate in the WAC.  UTRGV hasn’t announced its fb feasibility study results yet.  Sam Houston St and Lamar talked FBS years ago and are now silent.  Mo St has an FBS stadium now.  Cal Poly, UC Davis and Sac St have long had FBS plans.

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

Harbaugh suggested the possibility of eliminating conference championship games to relieve the stress of a longer season with an expanded playoff.

So it’s only stressful in the FBS but not in the FCS, DII, DIII with their playoffs. And why do I see eight P5 teams in the playoffs and someone like UCF still on the sidelines looking in. Until the conference winner of all FBS conferences (not just the P5) gets an auto bid their playoff will still be a joke.

• Upvote 1

On 7/22/2018 at 6:48 AM, SiouxVolley said:

Rather strange that Wichita St is bringing back a marching band of over 100 to parade around a basketball court.

https://www.kansas.com/news/local/article215162835.html

Still say the the Shockers will restart FBS and play as an affiliate in the WAC.  UTRGV hasn’t announced its fb feasibility study results yet.  Sam Houston St and Lamar talked FBS years ago and are now silent.  Mo St has an FBS stadium now.  Cal Poly, UC Davis and Sac St have long had FBS plans.

Two words you will never hear in the same sentence, Wichita St and WAC.

2 hours ago, Herd said:

Two words you will never hear in the same sentence, Wichita St and WAC.

UALR included the cost of starting a marching band as part of the football cost.  It will be hilarious when you trolls have to eat your turds that you’ve spouted.

9 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

UALR included the cost of starting a marching band as part of the football cost.  It will be hilarious when you trolls have to eat your turds that you’ve spouted.

Your stomach must look like that picture of DaveK...

11 hours ago, southpaw said:

Your stomach must look like that picture of DaveK...

Surely interim AFA AD Jennifer Block does not approve of a member of her department posting that some fans are equivalent to BS.

Surely, you have NDSU’s athletic department in your sights.

Edited by SiouxVolley

15 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Surely interim AFA AD Jennifer Block does not approve of a member of her department posting that some fans are equivalent to BS.

Surely, you have NDSU’s athletic department in your sights.

Surely you used the word "surely" enough in two consecutive sentences.  

9 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Please send her an email and post her reply here since surely you know what she approves of. 

On 7/25/2018 at 7:50 PM, SiouxVolley said:

Youve been munching those turds for quite sometime considering none your bloviations have come to fruition. UND and Big Sky to FBS???  You going to change the title to MVFC?????

Since you have stated numerous times that the end game was FBS for UND I think its fair to say that UND feels the best route to that goal is through the MVFC since they are moving to them. Even though you have bloviated that NDSU would have to attach itself to UND and the BSC to make that move. Hows that working out for you?

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Youve been munching those turds for quite sometime considering none your bloviations have come to fruition. UND and Big Sky to FBS???  You going to change the title to MVFC?????

Since you have stated numerous times that the end game was FBS for UND I think its fair to say that UND feels the best route to that goal is through the MVFC since they are moving to them. Even though you have bloviated that NDSU would have to attach itself to UND and the BSC to make that move. Hows that working out for you?

I am still waiting for that announcement, too. 

On 7/27/2018 at 12:12 AM, southpaw said:

Please send her an email and post her reply here since surely you know what she approves of. 

Never met a military officer that didn’t publicly take a very strong stand on ethics.  I’ll mention that in my letter too.  She can always use some examples of action.

5 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Never met a military officer that didn’t publicly take a very strong stand on ethics.  I’ll mention that in my letter too.  She can always use some examples of action.

I really hope you start the letter with the following: 

A person who several years ago worked occasionally in the athletic department well before you arrived is posting mean things on the internet. 

2 hours ago, southpaw said:

I really hope you start the letter with the following: 

A person who several years ago worked occasionally in the athletic department well before you arrived is posting mean things on the internet. 

How about this:

Dear Colonel Block:

I regret to inform you that an Air Force Academy athletic employee has a feces fetish on a sports poster board.  Surely you feel that is quite unbecoming of an AFA staffer.  Here are examples of his sick behavior:  link.

5 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

How about this:

Dear Colonel Block:

I regret to inform you that an Air Force Academy athletic employee has a feces fetish on a sports poster board.  Surely you feel that is quite unbecoming of an AFA staffer.  Here are examples of his sick behavior:  link.

Man...you are such a clown lmao.  

It's something to behold.

• Upvote 1

Former WAC commish Karl Benson says if Montana and Montana St had followed through on their pledge to move to the WAC, UCDavis and Cal Poly would have followed.  Fresno St and Nevada broke a pledge to stay, and that caused  change.  It’s a fallacy to ever say the Montanas never had FBS interest.

http://www.forgotten5.com/2018/07/29/that-time-the-western-athletic-conference-almost-came-back-to-life/