SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 baseball

darell1976

team is having a tough time getting going in conference play lately. what gives? did any of you know that the baseball team has played 32 games that WERE NOT against NDSU? seems like none of you care very much when they're not playing the Bison.

"None of you" is an incorrect assumption!

"None of you" is an incorrect assumption!

how come there's no talk about the 7 straight conference losses that has effectively pushed you out of making the conference tournament? or does that not matter because you won a couple of non-conference games against an in state rival?

how come there's no talk about the 7 straight conference losses that has effectively pushed you out of making the conference tournament? or does that not matter because you won a couple of non-conference games against an in state rival?

WAC baseball >>>>> Slummit baseball

Losing to Grand Canyon is no shame.

Losing to IPFW is.

The Slummit isn't worthy of DI baseball or softball autobids. It should square off against the Northern Sun to get into the DII playoffs.

• Upvote 1

Losing to IPFW is.

The Slummit isn't worthy of DI baseball or softball autobids. It should square off against the Northern Sun to get into the DII playoffs.

I see another Bison team is going the NCAA playoffs. How the Track team doing I see they schedule mostly DII teams now. Last place in the BSC again. Must suck to be so bad as a athletic dept.

I see another Bison team is going the NCAA playoffs. How the Track team doing I see they schedule mostly DII teams now. Last place in the BSC again. Must suck to be so bad as a athletic dept.

You base our athletic dept on our track team? Boy Dan you are really scraping the bottom of the barrel to make your school superior.

Losing to IPFW is.

So the answer to the Sioux's conference position is to join a weak conference like the Summit? Thanks senor_sieve for your interest in UND athletics. My uninformed guess is that UND is happy where it is. btw, baseball is a pretty big deal here in Arizona and at Grand Canyon.

• Upvote 1

Losing to IPFW is.

The Summit is very solid in softball, worlds better than the Big Sky.

Summit baseball is a mess, but Oral Roberts will fix that at least at the top.

Shut the hell up bisonville has more posts in one und thread than the ENTIRE exercising forum - NOBODY CARES!!

So the answer to the Sioux's conference position is to join a weak conference like the Summit? Thanks senor_sieve for your interest in UND athletics. My uninformed guess is that UND is happy where it is. btw, baseball is a pretty big deal here in Arizona and at Grand Canyon.

btw, it's not a big deal in Grand Forks, unless you're playing NDSU. 8 straight losses in conference play. No post season for UND this year. have fun getting spanked by Sac State to end the season, making it 11 straight conference losses. cant win the ones that matter. #butwebeatthebison

btw, it's not a big deal in Grand Forks, unless you're playing NDSU. 8 straight losses in conference play. No post season for UND this year. have fun getting spanked by Sac State to end the season, making it 11 straight conference losses. cant win the ones that matter. #butwebeatthebison

The highest ranked Slummit team is Omaha, and their not an eligible team but are 200 out of 300. Sac St is 60 places higher and almost all the other WAC teams are rated around Omaha or higher. NDSU could win the Slummit, but they or another Slummit team would be a disgrace to the Division I tournament. The Slummit champ would likely not qualify for the WAC championships.

How the Slummit can be a true baseball conference with four eligible teams is truly a disgrace. La-Lafayette, Cal Poly, Liberty, Mercer, and Indiana St are top 25, so its not like the power conferences are automatically beating the other teams.

The highest ranked Slummit team is Omaha, and their not an eligible team but are 200 out of 300. Sac St is 60 places higher and almost all the other WAC teams are rated around Omaha or higher. NDSU could win the Slummit, but they or another Slummit team would be a disgrace to the Division I tournament. The Slummit champ would likely not qualify for the WAC championships.

How the Slummit can be a true baseball conference with four eligible teams is truly a disgrace. La-Lafayette, Cal Poly, Liberty, Mercer, and Indiana St are top 25, so its not like the power conferences are automatically beating the other teams.

SDSU nearly upset Oregon (lost 3-2) last year in the regional tournament so saying it would be a disgrace is completely ignorant. Kinda like saying the Big Skys automatic qualifier in mbb and wbb would be a disgrace to the ncaa tournament. Even though i could make that one helluva argument ;)

• Upvote 1

SDSU nearly upset Oregon (lost 3-2) last year in the regional tournament so saying it would be a disgrace is completely ignorant. Kinda like saying the Big Skys automatic qualifier in mbb and wbb would be a disgrace to the ncaa tournament. Even though i could make that one helluva argument ;)

Please enlighten us on the Big Sky MBB and WBB AQ vs a conference with 4 teams for a AQ in baseball - this should fun.

NOTE: I believe UND did beat both Summit League AQ teams this year in MBB and WBB.

Coming from the delusional fan base that thought the ghost of Wolter's would deliver them an annual dance win, that's taking delusional to the next level. ORU is guaranteed a baseball bid every year in the future, as their's only DII competition in the Slummit. Are you going to invite Winnipeg, as SDSU and NDSU seen satisfied to play them?

Coming from the delusional fan base that thought the ghost of Wolter's would deliver them an annual dance win, that's taking delusional to the next level. ORU is guaranteed a baseball bid every year in the future, as their's only DII competition in the Slummit. Are you going to invite Winnipeg, as SDSU and NDSU seen satisfied to play them?

Enjoy your men's & women's low to last place finish in the BSC again this year.

Enjoy your men's & women's low to last place finish in the BSC again this year.

You can admit how jealous you are of how well UND women are doing in major sports.... Basketball, Volleyball, Hockey - all killing it, and with attendance over 1000 in each. How are your women's programs doing? Softball - nobody watches, golf - nobody watches, exercising - nobody watches, oh and nobody watches your women's basketball or volleyball, either. NDSU's womens athletic department is, as you guys like to call it, a dumpster fire! Its trash. Enjoy your softball while we dominate you in women's basketball and volleyball, sports that actually get national recognition.

#buttfootball

• Upvote 1

SDSU was 1 shot away from making the finals for the 3rd consecutive year unfortunately Carlson missed the shot. Also SDSU did beat perennial mid-major powerhouse Belmont this year without Wolters. I'd say it was a pretty successful season. NDSU had a helluva basketball team this year. They were going to beat SDSU in the finals anyways. May I remind you that SDSU beat UND in baseball and basketball this season. So what does that say about UND's baseball team and basketball team? If SDSU and the rest of the Summit is DII whats UND? DIII? NAIA?

• Upvote 2

Enjoy your softball while we dominate you in women's basketball and volleyball, sports that actually get national recognition.

#buttfootball

Didn't know volleyball was some big national deal.......oh thats right! Its not.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/w_volleyball_RB/2013/Att.pdf

Always nice to do well in ladies sports...don't know many folks who lose sleep over them though.

Didn't know volleyball was some big national deal.......oh thats right! Its not.

http://fs.ncaa.org/D...RB/2013/Att.pdf

Always nice to do well in ladies sports...don't know many folks who lose sleep over them though.

Thanks for the link - all programs in the top 50 (which you say aren't a big deal) outdraw your women's basketball team. Way to provide evidence that shows your program is garbage.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/w_volleyball_RB/2013/Att.pdf

So all the gloating about your softball team making the NCAA Tournament is just people who are softball only fans.

You can admit how jealous you are of how well UND women are doing in major sports.... Basketball, Volleyball, Hockey - all killing it, and with attendance over 1000 in each. How are your women's programs doing? Softball - nobody watches, golf - nobody watches, exercising - nobody watches, oh and nobody watches your women's basketball or volleyball, either. NDSU's womens athletic department is, as you guys like to call it, a dumpster fire! Its trash. Enjoy your softball while we dominate you in women's basketball and volleyball, sports that actually get national recognition.

#buttfootball

What national recognition? GameDay, 3rd NC in FB, WTrack 4x400 in top 10, MBB winning in the biggest tournament in the world. Tell me about your first big win in any sport? How's it feel to be the bottom of the BSC in both women's and men's sports? Oh almost forgot - the only national recognition UND is getting is from a T-shirt.

What national recognition? GameDay, 3rd NC in FB, WTrack 4x400 in top 10, MBB winning in the biggest tournament in the world. Tell me about your first big win in any sport? How's it feel to be the bottom of the BSC in both women's and men's sports? Oh almost forgot - the only national recognition UND is getting is from a T-shirt.

Bottom of the BSC? We won the regular season title in volleyball and WBB, how did your team do? Bottom of the Summit correct. We finished second in MBB, towards the bottom in football so I give you that one plus softball and soccer (the less cared about sports). Oh and made the Frozen Four in hockey but I am sure you knew that. So if your only point Dan was to come here and slam our sports on our board just troll your ass back to Moo Town.