SiouxSports.com Forum

ND High School Hockey Tournament

darell1976

I think the number is 41 for Central and Red River combined!

I remember playing at Purpur, coaching later, and I always tried to count the number of titles on both the banners. Even saw some of my players do it.

When they aren't playing each other do Central and Red River fans cheer for the other? Like if it's Central and Bismarck on Saturday night, who is Red River pulling for?

I remember playing at Purpur, coaching later, and I always tried to count the number of titles on both the banners. Even saw some of my players do it.

When they aren't playing each other do Central and Red River fans cheer for the other? Like if it's Central and Bismarck on Saturday night, who is Red River pulling for?

I support either Grand Forks team vs. out-of-town teams (especially GPR and Fargo South). If it's Central-Red River, I go with Central.

That was the year Jamestown took third I believe. Had a kid named Darin Erstad on it. Could of been a D1 player had it not been for baseball and football. What an athlete.

The true Mr. Hockey in my opinion. Probably a tough sell as Stockert was the inaugural award winner . 99 or 98 points is nothing to scoff at as well.

Bismarck's road to the championship game that year was exclusively through west teams. They won by 1 goal in the quarters, OT in the semis (2 OT's if not mistaken) and of course came up short against Minot. I beleive their smallest margin of victory with any of those teams was 5 goals during the reagular season.

Yeah they had beat Minot 10-2 and 10-4 that year.

I was at every game of that tournament, and Bismarck just played so tight. They played Bottineau first who they killed worse than Minot during the regular season, and barely hung on. Then against Jamestown and barely hung on. Then against Minot their goaltender didn't make a big save all game long. Not that Minot's goalie did either, but scoring 7 goals in a game should get you a victory.