SiouxSports.com Forum

ND High School Hockey Tournament

darell1976

I think we could see a repeat of a few years ago with Red River and Bismarck. Central has beaten Red River all three times, but they have all been one goal games.

Central beat Mandan earlier in the year by just a goal. But a lot has changed. Mandan's goaltender (freshman I believe) will have to play the game of his life. I see Mandan is coached by a Mullally. Wouldn't be a former Red River player by chance?

I think we could see a repeat of a few years ago with Red River and Bismarck. Central has beaten Red River all three times, but they have all been one goal games.

Central beat Mandan earlier in the year by just a goal. But a lot has changed. Mandan's goaltender (freshman I believe) will have to play the game of his life. I see Mandan is coached by a Mullally. Wouldn't be a former Red River player by chance?

Yes he is.

Ugh. That was the 2nd time that Bismarck had hands down the best team in the state and didn't get it done. I think they dominated Red River the whole game and outshot them by about 20 which was amazing as Bismarck was short handed for a huge portion of the game.

Ugh. That was the 2nd time that Bismarck had hands down the best team in the state and didn't get it done. I think they dominated Red River the whole game and outshot them by about 20 which was amazing as Bismarck was short handed for a huge portion of the game.

Bismarck was the best team that year. At state they ran the gauntlet. Beat Grafton, then Central. I remember Bismarck ended the game killing a 5-3, but still managed a great opportunity.

The first time around Bismarck's goaltender let them down big time....I'm a Minot alum, so I'm glad he did, but that Bismarck team is probably the best ever to not win it.

Always tough for west teams to come to GF every year to play in their backyard. Sleeping in your own bed every year, including Fargo and Grafton teams is an advantage. Can't tell me it isn't. But with only Fargo really having the only other facility to host it the west teams will always be hoteling it.

Bismarck was the best team that year. At state they ran the gauntlet. Beat Grafton, then Central. I remember Bismarck ended the game killing a 5-3, but still managed a great opportunity.

The first time around Bismarck's goaltender let them down big time....I'm a Minot alum, so I'm glad he did, but that Bismarck team is probably the best ever to not win it.

Yeah they had beat Minot 10-2 and 10-4 that year.

Yeah they had beat Minot 10-2 and 10-4 that year.

The 1992 team? Oh wow. I was at te Minot/Bismarck title game...unreal.

I talked with one of the players from Belfield's '86 boys basketball state runner-up team a couple of years ago at my class reunion (he married a girl from the '88 class)...22 years later and he said losing to Newburg STILL pops into his mind every spring when the Class B tournament rolls around.

The 1992 team? Oh wow. I was at te Minot/Bismarck title game...unreal.

I talked with one of the players from Belfield's '86 boys basketball state runner-up team a couple of years ago at my class reunion (he married a girl from the '88 class)...22 years later and he said losing to Newburg STILL pops into his mind every spring when the Class B tournament rolls around.

That was the year Jamestown took third I believe. Had a kid named Darin Erstad on it. Could of been a D1 player had it not been for baseball and football. What an athlete.

Does anyone remember the title game between Central and Red River that ended in a tie because the game wouldn't end? I can't remember what year that was.

1977. I was a sophomore and Central beat us in the opening round 7-1. We stayed for the championship game. Unbelievable. Both goalies stood on their heads.

1977. I was a sophomore and Central beat us in the opening round 7-1. We stayed for the championship game. Unbelievable. Both goalies stood on their heads.

Since I was ONE, I didn't see the game, how late did the game go (both periods and time)? Was there contraversey for stopping the game?

Since I was ONE, I didn't see the game, how late did the game go (both periods and time)? Was there contraversey for stopping the game?

I'm pretty sure it was 7 OT periods. I was watching on TV and after every period I was tempted to drive over to the arena, but I figured it would be done by the time I got there. I don't think a lot of people complained about ending the game. The players were pretty much done be that point.

I'm pretty sure it was 7 OT periods. I was watching on TV and after every period I was tempted to drive over to the arena, but I figured it would be done by the time I got there. I don't think a lot of people complained about ending the game. The players were pretty much done be that point.

Is there a shootout in high school hockey or could they go another 7 OT.