SiouxSports.com Forum

I have kindergarten and Tykes (Preschool) T Ball parents upset because their child does not have college coaches watching their child or a college scholarship promise by first grade! :sad: As a recreation professional it is sad to see our society coming to this.

You must have some great stories about parents that you could share here.

I live in a small community of 4300 and because of the size of the community there are not many one sport athletes. Hockey , rassling, and Round Ball seasons are not even done and I have parent run summer baseball teams already using my hitting cage. The age of the kids is 11 years old. Some parents need to get a life. When do our children now days get to be kids.

I have also been a registered sports official for over 30 years and have also seen parents from that angle.

I live in a small community of 4300 and because of the size of the community there are not many one sport athletes. Hockey , rassling, and Round Ball seasons are not even done and I have parent run summer baseball teams already using my hitting cage. The age of the kids is 11 years old. Some parents need to get a life.

I have also been a registered sports official for over 30 years and have also seen parents from that angle.

I watched a parent get banned from a squirt hockey tournament one time for harassing officials (highschool age).

I live in a small community of 4300 and because of the size of the community there are not many one sport athletes. Hockey , rassling, and Round Ball seasons are not even done and I have parent run summer baseball teams already using my hitting cage. The age of the kids is 11 years old. Some parents need to get a life. When do our children now days get to be kids.

I coach 10 and 11 year old baseball kids in fall league (August-October). Each year, I deal with kids who are playing football and baseball for all three months and when October rolls around, most are playing football four days a week, have baseball practice once a week plus games on Sunday afternoons, and then basketball clinics on Sunday nights after baseball.

It's insanity.

I coach 10 and 11 year old baseball kids in fall league (August-October). Each year, I deal with kids who are playing football and baseball for all three months and when October rolls around, most are playing football four days a week, have baseball practice once a week plus games on Sunday afternoons, and then basketball clinics on Sunday nights after baseball.

It's insanity.

You should ask the kids if they are having fun. :sad:

The issue I'm hearing is "threatening" content of text perceived by the parents.

Sad.........

I wonder how much time the kid of these parents will spend on the bench this season. The only "threat" was if you did not work you do not play. So instead of telling their wonderful son to work they got the coach fired instead. Does this mean if he does not get the grade the parents think he should they are going to get the teacher fired next?

I wonder how much time the kid of these parents will spend on the bench this season. The only "threat" was if you did not work you do not play. So instead of telling their wonderful son to work they got the coach fired instead. Does this mean if he does not get the grade the parents think he should they are going to get the teacher fired next?

Parents all over the country are already attempting/have already tried this.

Are folks assuming the parent did anything more than alert the administration? I am not tying this to any demand by parents that action be taken to the coach. I see it as the administration on their own decided this was the best course of action. Now, the parents may have demanded action but who knows? As many have said, there may be more to this story?? I doubt the size of the parent's checkbook factored into this.

Are folks assuming the parent did anything more than alert the administration? I am not tying this to any demand by parents that action be taken to the coach. I see it as the administration on their own decided this was the best course of action. Now, the parents may have demanded action but who knows? As many have said, there may be more to this story?? I doubt the size of the parent's checkbook factored into this.

Then you do not live on the same planet as the rest of us do. Does Ralph Englestad ring a bell?

Would love to know who is responsible - If you cause someone to lose their job by going over their head and complaining then in my opinion you have made yourself a public figure.

Smokey lives well outside the FM area...he should print it here. If he is 99% sure I have no doubt he is right.