SiouxSports.com Forum

Top Stadium "Experiences" -

choyt3

I don't recall ever disagreeing with you previously on that issue. I used to have season tickets thru about the 2007 or 2008 season. Simply couldn't make every home weekend but also frustrated with having to get out of my seat 75 times a game so the folks around me could run and go grab another beer.

I don't remember you ever disagreeing with me either. Many others did though. You should not leave your seat during the game unless there is a stop in play. Driving back and forth between the east Metro and GF with the cost would be a little much. I can see why you gave them up.

And that's a shame. I'm probably in the minority on this but I'd personally be in favor of all rinks moving to the bigger surface. The Olympic ice sheet gives players more room to make plays. Today's hockey player is simply much larger in size than players in the 1940's and 1950's. Sometimes the 5 on 5 game in the NHL is like watching 10 kids playing in a sandbox.

For the NHL it makes sense due to the skill level of the players; but IMO the college game is sloppier on Olympic ice vs. NHL-sized sheets. There are too many missed passes and a lot of chasing the puck into the corners on the bigger sheet.

I don't remember you ever disagreeing with me either. Many others did though. You should not leave your seat during the game unless there is a stop in play. Driving back and forth between the east Metro and GF with the cost would be a little much. I can see why you gave them up.

The only thing worse than this is the ushers that aren't paying attention and let people back into the arena after play has started. Anticipate how long it takes the mob of people to get seated, and stop them earlier. Next break will be sufficient to get everyone else seated.

Also a big fan of the people that go in and out in front of 18 seats, instead of 8 seats to the other way because going in front of 18 people is closer to the elevator to the suites.

Ushers at the X will hold you back from trying to get back to your seat while the puck is in play. Ushers at REA...couldn't care less what you do while the puck is in play.

The only thing worse than this is the ushers that aren't paying attention and let people back into the arena after play has started. Anticipate how long it takes the mob of people to get seated, and stop them earlier. Next break will be sufficient to get everyone else seated.

Also a big fan of the people that go in and out in front of 18 seats, instead of 8 seats to the other way because going in front of 18 people is closer to the elevator to the suites.

How many people are still showing up after the game has started trying take their seats?

That kind of sums up your approach to anything related to Fighting Sioux hockey that you deem badly, quit it, your making me like gfhockey.

Really? I talk in complete sentences, gfhockey does not. That alone ruins your comparison.

I have never said people have to agree with what I post. But that doesn't mean I am going to be quiet because some people on here don't like how I think. If that is what you were implying, then you will be disappointed.

"My favorite arena isn't on a purely subjective list, therefore the list is garbage. Who cares if it promotes something positive about college hockey and its fans, everyone should agree with me and my point of view."

Did I get that right? Or should have put one of the smileys in there to make it more authentic?

You like to put words in people's mouths, don't you? I didn't say any of the things you accused me of saying. I stand by the comments I made because I believe them to be the truth. You don't have to agree with it, but just don't accuse me of saying things I didn't say.

You like to put words in people's mouths, don't you? I didn't say any of the things you accused me of saying. I stand by the comments I made because I believe them to be the truth. You don't have to agree with it, but just don't accuse me of saying things I didn't say.

It may not have been the words you said, but it is a pretty good interpretation of what it sounded like.

"My favorite arena isn't on a purely subjective list, therefore the list is garbage. Who cares if it promotes something positive about college hockey and its fans, everyone should agree with me and my point of view."

Did I get that right? Or should have put one of the smileys in there to make it more authentic?

Where does he ask anyone to agree with him? fightingsiouxforever always makes a good argument for why he thinks the way he does. He says what he thinks without the middle school girl passive aggressive ways of many here. Where as you always come in with your little snide remarks like the middles school girl trying to feel better about herself.
  • Upvote 1

Where does he ask anyone to agree with him? fightingsiouxforever always makes a good argument for why he thinks the way he does. He says what he thinks without the middle school girl passive aggressive ways of many here. Where as you always come in with your little snide remarks like the middles school girl trying to feel better about herself.

Like you're doing right now? And the rest of your previous alter-ego's did as well?

And if you post your opinion on a board, be prepared for people to not agree with it and why. I gave my reasoning for why I thought his opinion and criticism of College Hockey, Inc was unwarranted. Not sure how that is being passive aggressive.

Like you're doing right now? And the rest of your previous alter-ego's did as well?

And if you post your opinion on a board, be prepared for people to not agree with it and why. I gave my reasoning for why I thought his opinion and criticism of College Hockey, Inc was unwarranted.

My comment was not passive aggressive. It was direct. You do not discuss and make your argument. You belittle the poster with your snide remarks.

REA's an unbelievable place to watch a hockey game and I am so pumped everytime I'm lucky enough to watch a game there. I've experienced everything people are commenting on here to one degree or another at other hockey rinks.

I agree that it's a great experience...but there are things that detract from it.

Let's get to the bigger question about why Michigan Tech, Northeastern, and Quinnipiac are on the list. I've been to MacInnes but it's nothing special. Tech vs North Dakota...about 3,000 fans there...pretty quiet place. I know during Winter Carnival it is a riot, but in general?

If you're in 107 or 110 with the students standing you watch half the game on the big screen. But you're right,making the lower bowl student section sit is a big enthusiasm killer. They used to warn you, now they throw you out. I think they need to move the student section to one end like every other college rink. I know Ralph wanted them to have the best seats in the house but making them sit and act like old people is killing the atmosphere. I'm sure the season ticket holders on the end wouldn't mind getting moved to the side.

Like telling the students to stay seated in case the people in the suites might occasionally look at the game. As when they hear cheering and stop to see what people are cheering about.

If you're in 107 or 110 with the students standing you watch half the game on the big screen. But you're right,making the lower bowl student section sit is a big enthusiasm killer. They used to warn you, now they throw you out. I think they need to move the student section to one end like every other college rink. I know Ralph wanted them to have the best seats in the house but making them sit and act like old people is killing the atmosphere. I'm sure the season ticket holders on the end wouldn't mind getting moved to the side.

Wouldn't it just be the suite owners on that end instead of the suite owners in the middle complaining then? Also, I prefer my seat on the end (corner) where UND shoots twice.

Wouldn't it just be the suite owners on that end instead of the suite owners in the middle complaining then? Also, I prefer my seat on the end (corner) where UND shoots twice.

I have been in suites, don't think think standing is that big an issue there as they are quite a bit higher than than the last row of lower bowl seating. Standing mainly effects the sections to the sides.

I have been in suites, don't think think standing is that big an issue there as they are quite a bit higher than than the last row of lower bowl seating. Standing mainly effects the sections to the sides.

It doesn't. Most students heads are even to the edge of the board separating the seats. I've been saying this since I came to campus. Move us to the end where the opponent's goalie shoots twice. I'd rather get into the head of the goalie more than the guy in the penalty box.

While I can not argue the students devotion to hockey, they line up for hours on end to get seats, I wish we were a little more crazy. Too many people concerned about getting on the big screen with their pictures than watching the game.