SiouxSports.com Forum

COACHES SHOW

SiouxperFan

So is Sabrina the official gopher goon protector. Not that I think Westrum qualified, although just seeing games on TV, I miss a lot. DeMarchi, on the other hand, sticks out on TV, just like Murray of Bucky. Hit someone in the back after every whistle when they're out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Blais said that three goalies would go to C.C. and didn't say who would be starting. Also, dean did not get into who was going as fars as defensemen and forwards.

Is the game on TV this weekend I have seen that WDAY has it on in Fargo according to USCHO, but what about WDAZ I am sure if it is on in Fargo it will probably be on in Fargo...

Jk,

I have a lot of family and friends that are Gopher fans and you know what makes them mad is when they are spouting off about how great the gophers are and how they are so much more great than the mighty Sioux.

I can ussually get them mad by starting with the title drought of 1979. Talk about the 5 titles since UofM last won one. The numerous WCHA titles, we now got one more than them. Talk about the ching of 1989 against Harvard as the title hopes of the gophers slid off the post.

You know what Gopher fans are trying to claim now is 1980, because they had a good number of hockey players on that squad some of them count it as a Minnesota Championship. I am surprised they didn't try to hang another banner in Marriucci. Yesh...

Remember Folks its fun to have a rivalry with the Gophers I like their fans a lot better than the rubes that grace the SCCC campus. But I will go on the record right now and say UofM will never win a title with Hauser sieve in net...

• 4 weeks later...

Coach talked various things during the coaches show. He didn't get into the reffing. At first Blaiser was kind of avoiding talking about the games at all, but he got on with it after they talked around the subject.

As someone had eluded to, Forward Ryan Connelly is out for the season he had surgury on his shoulder. Blais said in fact he maybe in surgury as we speak. Hopefully he will make a speedy recovery and be ready to go next season.

UND will open up with the University of Michigan in the Ice Breaker tourney, I think that is the tourney that is out in Maine, that SCSU won this season. I personally think that is good thing, we will get some good competion to start the season off. I know we also have a christmas tourney with Yale and Bemidji State and Harvard. UND also gets Canisus and Niagra in additon (this was from a previous show earlier in the season).

Blaiser also is not happy with this season past schedule and has talked to the league commish about it. Dean said that even if they run the table they are not probably going to get a home seed. I am sure most of us realize that. Blaiser said he would love to play the Badgers.

On Ballard from Minnestoa, Blaiser said he would not trade any of his defenseman for Keith Ballard. Coach Blais thinks the defensemen are comming around nicely.

The forwards are all working real well in practice. Sounds like they are clicking real well. Unforunately it looks like Andy might start one game in net this weekend. :)

Injuries:

Schneeclopt is still questionable. Chad Mazurak's ankle is still hurting and he can't pivot right.

Why on Earth are we going to play Niagara and Canisus?  Is Blais adopting Minnesota's approach by bringing in powerpuffs to bolster the standings or PWR?  Even if we lose, I think a tougher schedule benefits the team, provided they step up.

BTW:  Charley Waters in the Prava Press reported that Tomas Vanek has to retake his SAT before he can go to Minnesota.  I wonder if his choice to opt-into the NHL draft just got easier.  :)

Goon, good point, though actually as jimdahl mentioned we beat most of our non-conference opponents this year.

Imagine how much better shape we'd be in with 4-6 more points from mankato and WI that we ought to have.

Glad to hear Blais say he tried to get some other opponents.  Take what you can get I suppose.  Maybe they are all scared to play us!  :)

I thought multi-year scheduling deals were pretty common.  However, if not, it's entirely likely that the Michigans of the world don't want to bring in UND because it's now a weak team.

Just as we don't want to play the creampuffs, the Sioux are now a creampuff  :)