SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Olympic Hockey

Ray77

The way it was told to me was that Herb walked in and all he told the team that if they lost this game they'd take it to their graves. As he walked out, he stopped, turned around and yelled "TO YOUR F__ING GRAVES!"

Gives me goosebumps just thinking about that moment in time...how huge it was, what it meant, etc.

The "R" rated version is the one I've always known to be true. Pretty sure on one of the many ESPN shows they've done, that's exactly how Mike Eruzione tells it as well.

Anyone else think Kane might be misplaced with those other 2?

Looks like the lines were switched up for todays practice and the only line that was the same was Pavelski's.

Van Riemsdyk-Pavelski-Kessel

Parise-Backes-Callahan

Pacioretty-Kesler-Kane

Brown-Statsny-Oshie

Extras: Wheeler-Stepan

Suter-Shattenkirk

McDonagh-Carlson

Orpik-Martin

Fowler-Faulk

Looks like the lines were switched up for todays practice and the only line that was the same was Pavelski's.

Van Riemsdyk-Pavelski-Kessel

Parise-Backes-Callahan

Pacioretty-Kesler-Kane

Brown-Statsny-Oshie

Extras: Wheeler-Stepan

Suter-Shattenkirk

McDonagh-Carlson

Orpik-Martin

Fowler-Faulk

It appears they are tinkering to see who will play with Backer/Parise and Kesler/Kane. I, for one, would put Oshie back with Backes/Parise and keep Pac with Kesler and Kane. Brown shouldn't have made this team in the first place. Brown/Callahan/Statsny would be a great 4th though.

Canada beats USA 3-2 with a very controversial 2nd goal for Canada as the whistle had blown and then the puck went in and the ref reviewed it and decided to call it a goal. USA didn't look to be at there best but part of that was probably due to a lot of holding and interference that was allowed to go on which helped the Canadians slow the U.S. as well as the physical nature of the Canada team. Reffing wasn't a real strong point throughout the game as the calls were very inconsistent and only 1/3 on catching the Canadians with too many (wo)men on the ice.

Canadian women over USA 3-2 in preliminary round. Canada big and physical while USA very speedy. Whole lotta contact for a game that does not allow checking...Canada tried to play the 3rd period with 6 skaters (and a goalie) several times before finally getting called for too many (wo)men on the ice...also one of the Canadian goals went in after the whistle and was allowed to stand even after a review..look to see these 2 teams in the final...

The jerseys are terrible. Wish they were all wearing some of the older traditional styles.

It's like Nike wanted to throw together 'traditional' and 'technology' on the same jersey. The crest i like...the silly flywire neck and blue stars on blue look ridiculous. And whats with the mini-numbers on the shoulders?

It's like Nike wanted to throw together 'traditional' and 'technology' on the same jersey. The crest i like...the silly flywire neck and blue stars on blue look ridiculous. And whats with the mini-numbers on the shoulders?

The numbers on the shoulders are like Minnesota's jerseys. The US should get Reebok to make their jerseys.

3-1 US