SiouxSports.com Forum

NFL Playoffs

jodcon

Posted this on eGriz too, usually a little more NFL action on here though...

Wild Card weekend...some great games on paper.

SD @ Cincy (-7)...looks like the biggest mismatch of the week, many think Cincy will knock off NE next week, weather is going to be snow/freezing rain, Cincy should be able to run BGE and Bernard at will and hit Green and Jones enough to take out the Chargers without much trouble.

KC @ Indy (-1)...two teams who have been up and down throughout the year, KC has fallen apart the last 7 weeks and Indy seems to have found some momentum again, Charles should find plenty of room against Indy's defense but will it be enough to offset Luck and his young receivers? This game is a toss-up to me, I'll take Indy just because they're home.

NO @ Philly (-3)...should be the best offensive game of the week...Brees, Graham, Colston vs. Foles, Shady, Jackson...plus a good supporting cast for both sides. Philly can't stop the pass, Saints can't stop the run, this game could be a real shootout until the final play. Weather looks decent, 20's and light wind, shouldn't be a factor. Even though I have doubts about how Foles will play in his first playoff game, I have to go with Philly because Brees is a different QB on the road and between playing a good team in front of the wonderful Philly fans and their history with road games/weather, I can't pick NO.

SF (-3) @ GB...it's fitting this game is last because it might be the best, Rodgers and Cobb come back in the nick of time to pull out a win against Chicago and win the NFC Norris Division. A lot is being made about GB getting those guys back and the cold, but really SF is a lot better team than GB is, GB's defense is not good, Matthews is out, SF should be able to control the clock all day long. You can't count Rodgers and Co. out with their big-play capability, but the wind (14 gusting to 22) isn't going to help their cause. Unless the Pack can find some Lambeau magic and get a couple turnovers, SF in a close one.

SD @ Cincy (-7)...looks like the biggest mismatch of the week, many think Cincy will knock off NE next week, weather is going to be snow/freezing rain, Cincy should be able to run BGE and Bernard at will and hit Green and Jones enough to take out the Chargers without much trouble.

KC @ Indy (-1)...two teams who have been up and down throughout the year, KC has fallen apart the last 7 weeks and Indy seems to have found some momentum again, Charles should find plenty of room against Indy's defense but will it be enough to offset Luck and his young receivers? This game is a toss-up to me, I'll take Indy just because they're home.

NO @ Philly (-3)...should be the best offensive game of the week...Brees, Graham, Colston vs. Foles, Shady, Jackson...plus a good supporting cast for both sides. Philly can't stop the pass, Saints can't stop the run, this game could be a real shootout until the final play. Weather looks decent, 20's and light wind, shouldn't be a factor. Even though I have doubts about how Foles will play in his first playoff game, I have to go with Philly because Brees is a different QB on the road and between playing a good team in front of the wonderful Philly fans and their history with road games/weather, I can't pick NO.

SF (-3) @ GB...it's fitting this game is last because it might be the best, Rodgers and Cobb come back in the nick of time to pull out a win against Chicago and win the NFC Norris Division. A lot is being made about GB getting those guys back and the cold, but really SF is a lot better team than GB is, GB's defense is not good, Matthews is out, SF should be able to control the clock all day long. You can't count Rodgers and Co. out with their big-play capability, but the wind (14 gusting to 22) isn't going to help their cause. Unless the Pack can find some Lambeau magic and get a couple turnovers, SF in a close one.

Cincy

KC

NO

SF

Sorry - not a lot of detailed analysis from me! :silly:

I want GB & SF in the supper bowl

I think you mean Super Bowl, but either way, theoretically impossible because both are NFC teams.

BTW, the NFL can stop glorifying division champions any day now. Zero reason why an 8-7-1 Green Bay team should be hosting the 12-4 49'ers.

Quite a Wild Card weekend, 3 great games and the one game that looked like a lock ended up with Cincinnati laying a turd...again...they take over the "playoff choker" title from Dallas. Not surprised at any of the other results, NO finally sheds the road loser tag and Kaepernick beats GB again, if he could play GB every week he would be in the HOF by the end of the year.

Next week:

SD @ Denver

Indy @ NE

NO @ Seattle

SF @ Carolina

If the 49ers wanted to host they should have won their division.

12 wins, 4 losses. Sorry, guys, you should have gone 13-3 or 14-2. Meanwhile, a team in a sucky division goes 8-7-1 and hosts a playoff game? Raise that 2014 NFC North Champions with pride, Packer Nation.

• Upvote 2

12 wins, 4 losses. Sorry, guys, you should have gone 13-3 or 14-2. Meanwhile, a team in a sucky division goes 8-7-1 and hosts a playoff game? Raise that 2014 NFC North Champions with pride, Packer Nation.

No doubt, I suppose the Packers being given a home game over the 49ers was in the context of the game as well. :)

• Upvote 1

That sucks...nothing like letting SF go 10+ plays on 2 consecutive drives to end it. Knew GB needed a TD vs the FG to tie it on last possession.

Fire Capers!

I saw that Hakstol was on the sidelines in the 4th quarter giving advice to Capers. Fire Hakstol!

I saw that Hakstol was on the sidelines in the 4th quarter giving advice to Capers. Fire Hakstol!

With the way UND played in Canada this past weekend I believe Hak had a fill in look alike behind the bench and was in GB.

FIRE CAPERS! FIRE HAK! ;)

Two pretty good calls there...I didn't see San Diego winning either.

So you had no problem with the "division champion" Seattle Seahawks hosting the Saints a few years ago...with their sparkling 7-9 regular season record?

Dave shouldnt care either way because his Raiders usually miss the playoffs every year anyway. :)

No, I had no problem with that at all. Actually, I would have had a problem with the wild card Saints hosting the 7-9 division champs. I like the format to give incentive for teams to continue trying to win their division even after they have a wild card spot all wrapped up.

100% agree. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

• Upvote 1

Are you sure we know even each other in real life? I honestly do not know if you have ever seen me or not. The truth of the matter is that I was a fan of the old Raiders in my childhood but I have not paid attention to that franchise (or worn their gear) for many years. That's why I thought it was interesting that you would suggest such a thing. No, I am not currently a Raiders fan but I used to be one a long time ago. I really do not even have a favorite NFL team anymore. These days I enjoy watching as an unbiased observer.

Well I guess I don't leave much of an impression. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Richarh Sherman is a ____________. (Fill in the blank)

Early SB line...DEN -3.

I'll take those points. I like SEA to win out right.

If it's cold and miserable, Seattle.

If the weather is decent. Denver.

Who in the *(&(& decided to have a Super Bowl... in February...in an open stadium in New Jersey?