SiouxSports.com Forum

Volleyball Coaching Search

SWSiouxMN

I am intrigued by Mark Pryor from Baylor. Baylor has seemed to have great luck with coaching hires throughout their sports program so he comes from a winning atmosphere athletic department wide. He appears to have moved a fair bit, but almost always to better jobs and seems to have spurred improvement everywhere he went. Also like that he spent some time with USA Volleyball, so there are probably some useful connections there.

I guess I wasn't the only one. Good luck to Coach Pryor and the team for the upcoming season!

Congratulations Coach Pryor. You'll be the one to take us to our first NCAA appearance and win and pack the Betty with 2000.avg crowds. The vball program will be the premiere mid major program the Midwest.

Any idea what our average was for this year?

Have the girls met Prior yet? If so, I hope they are pleased with the decision that hee will be their next coach!

They have not met the coach yet, but are looking forward to it. I think they are all just ready to move forward and work with COach Pryor. Anxious and nervous, but they are all ready to move forward and win win win

They have not met the coach yet, but are looking forward to it. I think they are all just ready to move forward and work with COach Pryor. Anxious and nervous, but they are all ready to move forward and win win win

That is the perfect attitude - they will do very well! Despite all the turmoil of the last couple of months, this may be the best thing that could have happened for the program.

And us UND fans are ready to cheer, cheer, cheer. GO UND!!!!!!!

Pryor is kind of fun to listen to. On the radio now, talking about why the UND job is a good one. Says one reason is there is not much other DI competition in the area "except for the one a little ways south of here, but they're not even worth mentioning by name".

Says the facilities blew him away and called the Sioux Center a BCS facility. Says the Big Sky is an excellent volleyball league. Plans on having the team in the NCAA tourney on a regular basis.

Comes off as confident and well spoken.

Here's coach Pryor's introduction pressed:

http://www.undsports...ml?CFID=3175817

Look forward to seeing if he can get UND vb to that next level of consistently making the NCAA tourney. Also like that he's going to emphasize working in our RPI which was 112 last year.

I saw his interview during the women's bb game and he is telling his girls to prepare to see your school in the NCAA Tournament not hope its there. He is putting a lot, no a ton, of confidence in this team. He is not there to get them to the tournament it sounds like he is preparing them to win it. Sounds like a great hire by Faison!!

had a few cocktails with pryor a few days ago

nice guy

said he watched bubba's conference and tried to be like him to win us over ha

told him only way hed win us over since hes not from ND is win baby

Did you let him know that you make more money than him?