SiouxSports.com Forum

"What about "Giving them their day in court"

CMSioux

I still don't understand how Beck challenging a guy to take it outside and then fighting him in the alley has been turned into "he was just defending himself" by the bisonville crowd. Did the other guy start it by talking sh*t? Sure. Did Beck need to fight him in the alley? No. Did Beck need to walk/run away from the cops for the second time in one year? Obviously not. Should Beck AND the other guy have been arrested and charged? Yes.

Get back to me when there is a crime called "resisting false arrest".

Isn't false arrest a common law tort, thus, it's not false arrest until proven in a court?

Translated: A cop can arrest you if they think they have cause. If they're wrong it's not your call to decide they're wrong and try to resist.

And from what I have heard it was the other guy who wanted to take it outside because he was feeling pretty tough with his 2 buddies with him to back him up.

You know what I heard? Travis Beck telling the police multiple times that he told the guy they should take it outside. I have video evidence to back mine up, what do you have?

• Upvote 1

Get back to me when there is a crime called "resisting false arrest".

And from what I have heard it was the other guy who wanted to take it outside because he was feeling pretty tough with his 2 buddies with him to back him up.

False arrest the first time he was charged with resisting arrest? The bar fight was the second time.

Isn't false arrest a common law tort, thus, it's not false arrest until proven in a court?

Translated: A cop can arrest you if they think they have cause. If they're wrong it's not your call to decide they're wrong and try to resist.

And a defense to the criminal charge of resisting or fleeing is that the cops did not have a legal right to arrest you in the first place. That's exactly why TB was givne a very minor sentence for that charge--he pleaded guilty to it btw.

You both are correct...texted 2 of my good SU buddies in Fargo last night about these similar situations and basically got the incidents were apples to oranges from each one.

These guys for SCSU were taking on the police. I'm pretty sure the kid in Fargo took a few punches and dished out a few, but it wasn't to the police. Getting in a fight with someone, then cooperating witht he police is a little different than just fighting with the police. I know you're trying awful hard here, but it's time you sit down and re-think this one.

Heck, if the police investigate and the charges are dropped against the boys in SC, they will be back on the team too. Wow, the hate runs deeeep at gFU.

You know what I heard? Travis Beck telling the police multiple times that he told the guy they should take it outside. I have video evidence to back mine up, what do you have?

What is the charge of which you speak, "Suggesting Disorderly Conduct", where your not actually being disorderly, just you are suggesting that you might be disorderly?. What a brilliant legal mind.

Ya, It would have been a lot better if the kid had not suggested taking it outside, and he was tagged with property damage while we was defending himself . . . ya that would have been a lot better.

Ya, It would have been a lot better if the kid had not suggested taking it outside, and he was tagged with property damage while we was defending himself . . . ya that would have been a lot better.

Or he could have just.... you know.... not fought him.

These guys for SCSU were taking on the police. I'm pretty sure the kid in Fargo took a few punches and dished out a few, but it wasn't to the police. Getting in a fight with someone, then cooperating witht he police is a little different than just fighting with the police. I know you're trying awful hard here, but it's time you sit down and re-think this one.

Heck, if the police investigate and the charges are dropped against the boys in SC, they will be back on the team too. Wow, the hate runs deeeep at gFU.

Cooperating how? By trying to get away from them while handcuffed? You can't be serious...

And my other point went over your head. It was in response to the FU fan said he "heard" the other guy wanted to take it outside because he had buddies with. Which contradicts Beck admitting multiple times on video that he told the other guy they should take it outside.

So how many strikes does a player get? And does it reset if they have been suspended for a game?

Idk. I guess it depends on what the specific charges are. He got a minor his first time, the resisting charge was dropped. To me, a minor followed by a resisting charge may warrant a one game suspension, but I could really see going with some other form of discipline too. Also, I just don't think these things are black and white. To me, going after some cops is different than tussling with some dude outside a bar. If I was a coach, there would definitely be some general guidelines, but I would look at each instance on a case by case basis.

As opposed to fighting in the bar which it seems the other guy wanted to do.

You guys are stretching a bit trying to compare the 2 SCSU players with Travis Beck. did Beck screw up? sure. Should he have been suspended a game? probably.....but seriously, the Travis Beck thing is old news, it was handled(poorly) but by the news accounts is quite a different situation than what went down in St. Cloud.

You guys are stretching a bit trying to compare the 2 SCSU players with Travis Beck. did Beck screw up? sure. Should he have been suspended a game? probably.....but seriously, the Travis Beck thing is old news, it was handled(poorly) but by the news accounts is quite a different situation than what went down in St. Cloud.

I agree that the TB situation is different and is old news but was handled poorly. Watching the FU faithful try to continue to spin it instead of admitting that is the amusing part.

• Upvote 1

Petey what you do not understand is that we have a huge dumpster fire ablaze up here right now, with having just fired our football coach, hockey team is a mess, now our drunken volleyball coach smashing in to parked cars. We need to deflect some of this and the only way to do so is to bring up old sh1t about the school to the south, do you not understand how this works?