SiouxSports.com Forum

Hardee Placed on Leave

UNDColorado

A couple things......

First.....a person shouldn't be fired if it was alchohol. I would think a suspension and treatment would be better options for everyone.

Second....He was the bright spot in a difficult transition, the kids came to UND to be on his team.

I just think it is better to try an rehab and find redemption.

A couple things......

First.....a person shouldn't be fired if it was alchohol. I would think a suspension and treatment would be better options for everyone.

Second....He was the bright spot in a difficult transition, the kids came to UND to be on his team.

I just think it is better to try an rehab and find redemption.

Not at all trying to speculate or troll here, but in this day and age, an employer, whether public or private, is basically bound legally to allow an employee with CD problems to undergo treatment as a means to rectify things. That's why I don't think this was only an ETOH thing, if at all. The internal review results may have been the gravemen for Hardee, much like the Hinterstocker deal. Kids are different these days, and male coaches don't always mesh well with young female athletes. Heck, Hinterstocker had a good thing going at SU. Gotta wonder if feelings/emotions of players played a role here, cuz Hardee sure seemed to be doing a lot right to me.

Faison better find a decent replacement and not just any old Joe from a small time college. He/she better have a good resume, as this team is on top and needs to stay there. Anything else going to happen with UND athletics this winter (Hak, Jones getting the boot).

Despite everything that has just happened there IS one bright spot and that is Hardee has built a solid foundation for this program with solid players. If there were really 9 girls contemplating leaving I'm hoping his resignation will change that. At the same time I'd also imagine there will be some who leave regardless. We're seeing it with football and I'm sure we'll see it with volleyball too. The job has to be an attractive one for potential head coaches, so I'm guessing Faison will have a pretty good selection of applications to filter through. Of course only time will tell but it's not as though the volleyball team or facilities or administrative leadership is a black eye for the university.

I hope the truth comes out on this, just to stop the speculation that will only continue. In most cases, the truth is a lot less juicy than the rampant rumors that pop up. Faison's best bet is come clean and move on with a good replacement.

While we are speculating rumors....he might have been drunk the night before? 9 girls would supposedly quit just because he drove the next morning "drunk"? .....or maybe him alcohol and young girls in a hotel room?

I am not so sure that I am comfortable speculating that far. All I know was that it was serious enough to cost the most succesful head coach the team has ever head his job, within 72 hours of happening. I will wait for the story to come out just out of respect for the seriousness of the situation.

I am not so sure that I am comfortable speculating that far. All I know was that it was serious enough to cost the most succesful head coach the team has ever head his job, within 72 hours of happening. I will wait for the story to come out just out of respect for the seriousness of the situation.

MSU-Mankato puts their head football coach on paid admin leave for a year while he fights crim sex conduct charges...but UND's volleyball coach resigns over a fender-bender?

MSU-Mankato puts their head football coach on paid admin leave for a year while he fights crim sex conduct charges...but UND's volleyball coach resigns over a fender-bender?

Hardee resigned, MSU's coach didn't.....that is a big difference. I am assuming it is something serious, but I am just not comfortable throwing around anything related to a sex crime as a charge unless it is confirmed by proper authorities. While I have personal beliefs as to what happend, I am just waiting for the official story to come out.

Hardee resigned, MSU's coach didn't.....that is a big difference. I am assuming it is something serious, but I am just not comfortable throwing around anything related to a sex crime as a charge unless it is confirmed by proper authorities. While I have personal beliefs as to what happend, I am just waiting for the official story to come out.

I was by no means suggesting that level of seriousness...just confused why Hardee would resign so quickly.

And does this sound like a coach resigning on his own or was this resignation made by Hardee as Faison was figuratively pointing a gun at his head?

It's not hard to do the math when you look at it that way. As I said earlier, the truth needs to come out or the speculation will get worse. I feel the truth will be the best defense.

And does this sound like a coach resigning on his own or was this resignation made by Hardee as Faison was figuratively pointing a gun at his head?

I am sure they got initial info and basically said, you can't be fired until the investigation is complete but you may want to make it easy on yourself and turn in the papers. Technically speaking though he did resign and that is all I was pointing out. I just hate how some people can toss around serious charges without knowing any info, the least we can do is wait until the story comes out before giving input on specifics of the situation.

Off-topic: Larry Csonka-era uniforms rocked Miami. New ones are garbage.

Agree.

And like you referenced this was a forced resignation... plain and simple.

I also agree the sooner the facts come out the better...for all involved including Hardee.

I am sure they got initial info and basically said, you can't be fired until the investigation is complete but you may want to make it easy on yourself and turn in the papers. Technically speaking though he did resign and that is all I was pointing out. I just hate how some people can toss around serious charges without knowing any info, the least we can do is wait until the story comes out before giving input on specifics of the situation.

Often is cases where there is questionable behavior, employees are given the choice of resigning and that being the end of it. Or being fired and then have the employer pursue potential legal action.

Often is cases where there is questionable behavior, employees are given the choice of resigning and that being the end of it. Or being fired and then have the employer pursue potential legal action.

Yep, and peeps should apply that theory in more ways than one. Think Travis Beck and your flip flip snow bank thing along with your hazing of teh hockey players!?

No on is immune-->jussayin'!!