SiouxSports.com Forum

Hardee Placed on Leave

UNDColorado

I guess good guys are out at 5:05 AM after a loss at a tournament and run their car into somebody then take off? Not my idea of a good guy and role model. Do you suppose he may have been drinking and that is why he drove off? Bite my tongue, not Ashlee Hardee.

I would agree with this.

1. Faison handled the first Hardee problem internally which was appropriate at the time (if documented internally).

1a. GF media (as someone said) dropped the ball regarding whatever parts of that were public record.

2. Hardee had to go as of 0506 PST Sunday morning.

3. Where is UND's procedure for annual license checks for people who operate their vehicles or vehicles the University rents? Shouldn't that be a University process (not just athletics)?

4. CAS: take some of the advice you've given to me at times. Jussayin' ... ;):)

Johnny has at least two accounts here to monitor. Plus his multiple bisonville accounts. And his gig helping Sammy run bisonNation.biz.info.gov.com or whatever the hell it is. And classes. And maybe a work study job in the sheep barn. We better cut him a little slack.

JJJJJJJJJJJAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYY the sheep call out when he walks in the barn.

My biggest problem is the way that some are throwing Faison under the bus for the first DUI. I run a business myself. I am a farmer and I have several employees. If one of them is otherwise a valuable asset to my business, but goes out on their own time and gets a DUI, I am not going to fire them for it. If they get a DUI while driving one of my trucks or otherwise while on the job for me they would get the axe right quick. Basically that is what has taken place at UND this week. I just don't agree that Hardee should have been made an example of for his DUI two summers ago, as long as it didn't involve a University vehicle, employee, or athlete. From the few in person dealings with Faison that I have had, my guess is this week would have unfolded the exact same way even if Hardee had no prior issues whatsoever.

Does a DUI screw up a CDL? Or don't your guys need one? Even off work their DUI would mess up your insurance wouldn't it?

1. Faison handled the first Hardee problem internally which was appropriate at the time (if documented internally).

1a. GF media (as someone said) dropped the ball regarding whatever parts of that were public record.

2. Hardee had to go as of 0506 PST Sunday morning.

3. Where is UND's procedure for annual license checks for people who operate their vehicles or vehicles the University rents? Shouldn't that be a University process (not just athletics)?

4. CAS: take some of the advice you've given to me at times. Jussayin' ... ;):)

Another thing to add to #3 is that the DMV could have made a mistake on their end and reissued Hardee a valid drivers license after he completed the necessary treatment programs. I had a problem where my license plates were not assigned to my car but were assigned to me, I didn't know that until I was pulled over.

Another thing to add to #3 is that the DMV could have made a mistake on their end and reissued Hardee a valid drivers license after he completed the necessary treatment programs. I had a problem where my license plates were not assigned to my car but were assigned to me, I didn't know that until I was pulled over.

In the Herald article, it made it seem like Hardee was surprised when told there was an issue with his license. I have a hard to believing he was knowingly driving around without a license for that long.

That being said, I would have a hard time believing that he would do what has come out so far and there was zero chance of him being retained.

My biggest problem is the way that some are throwing Faison under the bus for the first DUI. I run a business myself. I am a farmer and I have several employees. If one of them is otherwise a valuable asset to my business, but goes out on their own time and gets a DUI, I am not going to fire them for it. If they get a DUI while driving one of my trucks or otherwise while on the job for me they would get the axe right quick. Basically that is what has taken place at UND this week. I just don't agree that Hardee should have been made an example of for his DUI two summers ago, as long as it didn't involve a University vehicle, employee, or athlete. From the few in person dealings with Faison that I have had, my guess is this week would have unfolded the exact same way even if Hardee had no prior issues whatsoever.

Well, in a sense, he was driving a UND vehicle, as it was a sponsor car from Rydell. Also, he refused BAC testing, which normally results in a one year suspension absent doing some things to cure the refusal, but it doesn't appear he did those things.

I figured those were just assumed!! :)If you ever watch "When they were Kings" (I haven't yet) pay attention--if u want to--to what I said about the fans of SU and UND, Gist? Lighten up a bit on both sides. Heck, back in the day, FB players on both sides used to get together and go BB games together and go out together afterwards. The animosity was left for on the field. Still am friends with former UND players.

I think that got left on the cutting room floor Charlie. :)

He should have also filed a request for a SR-22 with his insurance company. The company would then notify the DMV that SR-22 has been filed to show proof of insurance. You need this to have your DL re-issued. I would have also thought an SR-22 would have been needed to be filed with the schools insurance company as well since he was driving state vehicles and or booster donated demos..

In the Herald article, it made it seem like Hardee was surprised when told there was an issue with his license. I have a hard to believing he was knowingly driving around without a license for that long.

That being said, I would have a hard time believing that he would do what has come out so far and there was zero chance of him being retained.

I was getting at that he was issued a valid license, but some how it came up as still suspended when someone ran his license and he would have never known about.

I know in MN the BAC drops to .04 if you have a CDL even if you are driving your car. ND I dont know.

It's the same as Montana .04 what I found out was that you can get a DUI at .02 with a Class D drivers license. North Dakota and Montana have the same DUI laws on CDL's and are very close on a Class D license. A CDL can be revoked for a year and 3 year if carrying hazardous material. Second offense CDL DUI is permanent suspension of the license. I can't find anything on someone getting a DUI while using their Class D license while also holding a CDL.

He should have also filed a request for a SR-22 with his insurance company. The company would then notify the DMV that SR-22 has been filed to show proof of insurance. You need this to have your DL re-issued. I would have also thought an SR-22 would have been needed to be filed with the schools insurance company as well since he was driving state vehicles and or booster donated demos..

I didn't have to do that just pay the $200 reinstatement fee, then after the suspension is over a license shows up in the mail.

how did the rest of the staff not notice he was drunk? If they knew (and if he was indeed drunk), they should be gone as well.

They said he woke up late. Good chance the rest of the staff didn't have any interaction with him that morning. Also, I don't know about you but I'm groggy and somewhat uncoordinated in the mornings whether I went out the night before or not.

how did the rest of the staff not notice he was drunk? If they knew (and if he was indeed drunk), they should be gone as well.

Good point mg. Somebody else had to notice If he was drunk. Many times it is hard to discern if somebody had too much to drink. Takes a lot of guts to call out your coach/boss. You better be right. Some may have thought they could deal with it once they got back to GF. I wouldn't go so far as to say they should be gone. Shows leadership qualities that it takes to be in charge if you are willing to do what is right and not worry about the consequences. Not sure what I would have done??

Did you guys even read the police blogger?! A player said he appeared obviously intoxicated and that other coaches had to go wake him up.

It didn't say the other coaches had to wake him up. You can't prove that he was intoxicated or too drunk to drive unless he took a breathalyzer or had a blood test done.

It didn't say the other coaches had to wake him up. You can't prove that he was intoxicated or too drunk to drive unless he took a breathalyzer or had a blood test done.

Well, that's what I read. Can't link from IPhone or I would. Also, he likely would have refused a test like he did for his Grand Forks DUI.

He couldn't have a breathalyzer or blood test because he drove off. So I guess the moral of the story is, if you are drunk and run into to somebody, just leave and sober up. You may be charged with hit and run, but at least you won't get a DUI. Since he left the scene, it should only take the testimony of anybody with him at the time of the incident that he appeared intoxicated to be able to charge him with DUI.

By the way, did he drive from Fargo to Grand Forks when they got off the plane? By then, the other coaches had to have known what had happened and never should have let him drive.