SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs NDSU (11/24)

SWSiouxMN

Yes there are complaints in Fargo that the game wasn't held in The Ralph. Nice that they kept it in The Betty and preserved the home court advantage. I'm guessing they are expecting a large walk-up crowd - some may get turned away hopefully from the south.

The good news is Bjorklund likely won't take a shot outside of the lane, so don't have to worry about that. He's got a nice touch and doesn't miss much when he gets the ball in position though. I'm assuming Huff guards Braun like he did two years ago, that will be a great match-up to watch. Huff frustrated him something fierce drawing a technical out of him at the Ralph two years ago. So far this year it looks like NDSU remains a good defensive team and a streaky offensive team. Their offense is kind of a mess to watch but I expect them to give it to Bjorklund early and often. Nash and Wright should also be a pretty good match-up of two tall, lanky athletic dudes. Anderson/Webb/Hooker need to lock down Alexander and hope that Felt doesn't get in a rhythm.

Good matchup. I'm very confident in this UND team despite the 18-pt loss last night. Can't expect the other team's center to go 6-6 for 3's every night. Bjorklund certainly won't be hitting any 3s; just need to box out and get the rebound everytime he misses - can't let the Ag school have any easy second chance opportunities.

i dont think so. we are 1-2 but the 2 losses are to two solid programs. wouldnt shock me if we lost at all though.

Agreed. NDSU had a solid team this year and it is a rivalry game which seldom means a blow out one way or another. I expect UND to win, but I don't believe it will be easy. As long as we can hold our own down low and contain Bjorkland, we should be ok.

Huff playing this year will be huge. He will force someone (Braun) to actually work on defense. Nash will also force Wright to have to work on defense. Last year we did not have anyone that was a good match up for him. Braun had 22 last year and Wright had 10 while only having 5 fouls between the 5 and both played over 30 minutes.

Agreed. NDSU had a solid team this year and it is a rivalry game which seldom means a blow out one way or another. I expect UND to win, but I don't believe it will be easy. As long as we can hold our own down low and contain Bjorkland, we should be ok.

Thats odd, 2 of the last 3 have been blowouts ;)

I think it'll be within 10 points one way or the other.

Huff had 37 last night against Wisconsin, so heck, he might go for 40+ against the bizon.

I'll throw down a case of beer that the Herd keeps him under 40...seems safe enough for me eh?

Huff playing this year will be huge. He will force someone (Braun) to actually work on defense. Nash will also force Wright to have to work on defense. Last year we did not have anyone that was a good match up for him. Braun had 22 last year and Wright had 10 while only having 5 fouls between the 5 and both played over 30 minutes.

I'm guessing Kory Brown will guard Huff, or maybe alternate Braun and Brown on him.

Not overly happy about the ticket price. When I looked online it looked like they were 25 or 30 bucks a pop? Couple years ago we got in for 10 or 15.

Honestly, it's probably for the best that seats are limited, and it will be a decidedly pro-North Dakota crowd. I don't expect that the game will be very entertaining from NDSU's perspective. :)

Thats odd, 2 of the last 3 have been blowouts ;)

I think it'll be within 10 points one way or the other.

I'll throw down a case of beer that the Herd keeps him under 40...seems safe enough for me eh?

I figured an 'SU fan would bring that up. The first game we were clearly over-matched and were very young. Last year we didn't have Huff and wasn't Brekke injured in that game and only played three minutes. Either way, I don't see this one a blow out...unless Huff goes off for 30+ again. :)

I figured an 'SU fan would bring that up. The first game we were clearly over-matched and were very young. Last year we didn't have Huff and wasn't Brekke injured in that game and only played three minutes. Either way, I don't see this one a blow out...unless Huff goes off for 30+ again. :)

Huff was out and Brekke took an elbow from Bjorklund (unintentional) 3 minutes into the game that has him where he is today. No Huff to guard Braun made for a completely different game than the year before.

i would guess:

bjorklund on samson or w/e his name is

tray on nash

braun on huff

brown on anderson

LA on webb

How quick is Brown? I'm not sure that they stick Braun on Huff either, maybe rotate but I don't think they will the whole game. Wouldn't be surprised to see UND go Nash/Huff/Anderson and two of Webb/Schuler/Hooker, especially if Bjorklund is out of the game.