SiouxSports.com Forum

How do I add a photo from my computer to a thread?

IrishSiouxFan

• 4 months later...

Any body know why when I try to add a photo it only shows a big long link like sentences but never hi-lighted as a link?

It never shows the photo? I use photobucket and I use the direct link that says to use for forums?

On photobucket use the IMG link. I use that one.

• 1 year later...

Ok, I enabled file uploading for all the forums. So, when you want to attach something from your computer you can do it directly to the forum instead of having to go through an image uploading service.

At the bottom of the compose window, there's an "Attach files" section. You click "Choose file" to choose a local file then "Attach this file" to upload it. If you don't see the attach files section, you might be in quick reply mode and have to hit the "more options" button to get to full mode.

Jim - is there a way to attach or upload pictures from a mobile device.  Last time I tried, I couldn't figure it out at all.

The changes I mentioned in my previous post should also make it work for mobile devices (as long as they support file uploads).

On my iPhone, when I hit "choose file" it prompts me to take a photo/video or choose from my photo library.

The changes I mentioned in my previous post should also make it work for mobile devices (as long as they support file uploads).

On my iPhone, when I hit "choose file" it prompts me to take a photo/video or choose from my photo library.

With an android, you have to switch to "full version" (from mobile version) to see the"attach" option
  • Upvote 1

Is that in the full version mode as well on an iPhone?

Correct, on any mobile device you're probably being pushed to the mobile skin, so first need to switch to full version.

I have a question regarding this.  I typically use the "full version" on my phone, mainly because if I click into a thread it takes me directly to the last post I read the last time I was in that thread.  If I use the "mobile version" it's much easier to read on my phone, however when I click into a thread it takes me to the top of the page and I have to scroll through to find where I left off.  Am I doing something wrong?  I'd like to use the mobile version if possible, just because it fits the screen better and is easier to read.

Thanks!

I have a question regarding this.  I typically use the "full version" on my phone, mainly because if I click into a thread it takes me directly to the last post I read the last time I was in that thread.  If I use the "mobile version" it's much easier to read on my phone, however when I click into a thread it takes me to the top of the page and I have to scroll through to find where I left off.  Am I doing something wrong?  I'd like to use the mobile version if possible, just because it fits the screen better and is easier to read.

Thanks!

Yes, when I click the title it jumps me to where I was. Are you logged in on the phone?

If I use the "mobile version" it's much easier to read on my phone, however when I click into a thread it takes me to the top of the page and I have to scroll through to find where I left off. Am I doing something wrong?

I helped jimdahl test this out and think I've found the problem: you're a Bruins fan.