SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not to beat a dead horse regarding the length of UND's search from last year, but...

1 year later, it seems apparent to me that a lengthy search was necessary because Faison didn't have a list of coaches to contact.  He fired Muss and flew by the seat of his pants from there.  I'm not upset with the result (Bubba), but the process was awful.

1 year later, it seems apparent to me that a lengthy search was necessary because Faison didn't have a list of coaches to contact. He fired Muss and flew by the seat of his pants from there. I'm not upset with the result (Bubba), but the process was awful.

In all honesty, what else would one expect from Faison? Not impressed with the leadership in the athletic department.

In all honesty, what else would one expect from Faison? Not impressed with the leadership in the athletic department.

We got in the big sky and created the nchc under his watch so he seems to be good with the administrative work/deal making. Less adept at networking with/keeping tabs on coaches.

We got in the big sky and created the nchc under his watch so he seems to be good with the administrative work/deal making. Less adept at networking with/keeping tabs on coaches.

Conference ties are only one of the duties that athletic departments are responsible for. Additionally, it is important that funding is disbursed correctly, marketing/game day atmosphere of all events - particularly revenue generating sports - is properly handled, and the support from boosters and alumni is respectfully dealt with and used to its fullest potential.

I'm afraid UND does not have enough innovation and desire to be great when it comes to football and basketball. Expectations are always the first step to success, and UND lacks that right now from the top.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't imagine one more year under the old staff. I give Muss credit he had a theory on how he wanted everything done and stuck to it. Maybe it would've worked for him somewhere else. It certainly didn't here.

At any rate coming off a 5-7 year I don't think I can be more happy about the direction things are going. I still don't see playoffs for a couple years.

• Upvote 1

I can't imagine one more year under the old staff. I give Muss credit he had a theory on how he wanted everything done and stuck to it. Maybe it would've worked for him somewhere else. It certainly didn't here.

At any rate coming off a 5-7 year I don't think I can be more happy about the direction things are going. I still don't see playoffs for a couple years.

I could imagine a 1-11 record in 2014 under Muss and company, with that one win being against Valpo at home (and being much closer than it should be). :crazy:

But that didn't happen and we are now on the right track with Bubba. :xmas: