SiouxSports.com Forum

Chris Gomez Home Run

MafiaMan

I'm sure Gomez wouldn't take it very well and I would be just as critical of him, but he hasn't thrown a fit because somebody gave him a choke sign or whatever hypothetical you want to come up with. Cole has thrown a fit because of a taunt. I'm not saying what I am saying to defend Gomez. I'm saying it to call out Cole. If Cole can handle a little bit of taunting then nothing happens.

Threw a fit? The guy who stood and gave Gomez a few words and then TURNED AWAY AND WALKED BACK TO THE MOUND is the guy who threw "a fit." Watch Gomez's PED-sized head explode in a total rage after Cole walks away and then get back to me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqG5sixi7R0

Yes the guy who started shouting obscenities loud enough for the camera to pick up is throwing a fit. Yes the guy that stays over there long enough for the benches to clear because someone had the audacity to jog to first base was throwing a fit. So did Gomez. Gomez threw a bigger fit. That doesn't change my opinion of Cole and his sanctimonious protector of the game whiny bull$%!#.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes the guy who started shouting obscenities loud enough for the camera to pick up is throwing a fit. Yes the guy that stays over there long enough for the benches to clear because someone had the audacity to jog to first base was throwing a fit. So did Gomez. Gomez threw a bigger fit. That doesn't change my opinion of Cole and his sanctimonious protector of the game whiny bull$%!#.

So this week's Sports Illustrated's cover person is none other than Carlos Gomez. The last paragraph of the article on Carlos mentions that he has been working with a hitting "guru" since the winter of 2012. The guru counseled him on dominating the strike zone and driving the ball back up the middle. The guru who has helped Carlos with this incredible rise in batting average and home the past couple of seasons? None other than Manny Ramirez.