SiouxSports.com Forum

Chris Gomez Home Run

MafiaMan

Pitchers fault completely. Grow a pair of balls and don't act like a whiny little bitch if someone takes you off the wall to the deepest part of the park. Gomez didn't react well after the pitcher threw his fit but this never happens if the pitcher wasn't a little baby.

The whole unwritten rules of baseball bs needs to go away. McCann is my least favorite player in baseball because he thinks he is some sort of officer when he actually is a delicate little princess that can't handle a little taunting.

Pitchers fault completely. Grow a pair of balls and don't act like a whiny little bitch if someone takes you off the wall to the deepest part of the park. Gomez didn't react well after the pitcher threw his fit but this never happens if the pitcher wasn't a little baby.

The whole unwritten rules of baseball bs needs to go away. McCann is my least favorite player in baseball because he thinks he is some sort of officer when he actually is a delicate little princess that can't handle a little taunting.

Had Gomez actually started running when he hit the ball, he would have had a home run easily. I guess next time Gerrit Cole strikes out Gomez, he should do a cartwheel, point to the sky, signal a punch-out like an umpire, and jog in and high-five the catcher. Curious what Carlos' reaction would be at witnessing that.

...too bad I can't find a link for Gomez's line-out to RF from last week where he again thought he had smoked the ball for a home run...only to see it wind up being a 230 foot sacrifice fly.

I've seen the line out. If cole were to celebrate like that good for him. If Gomez whined about it then I would call him a whiny baby. The only way to get back at someone that just beat you is to beat them the next time they are up to bat, not crying that the big bad meanie had the balls to show some emotion and celebrate a little.

I love baseball but it has a bad reputation of being boring. The length is the biggest problem, but people throwing fits when players like Puig or Gomez don't act like robots on the field isn't doing anything to help it.

I've seen the line out. If cole were to celebrate like that good for him. If Gomez whined about it then I would call him a whiny baby. The only way to get back at someone that just beat you is to beat them the next time they are up to bat, not crying that the big bad meanie had the balls to show some emotion and celebrate a little.

I love baseball but it has a bad reputation of being boring. The length is the biggest problem, but people throwing fits when players like Puig or Gomez don't act like robots on the field isn't doing anything to help it.

And yet folks fawn all over the 15 minutes it takes to play the last 60 seconds of regulation in NCAA or NBA basketball games...

A cocky bat toss on a shallow fly-out to right field? Bush league.

I don't watch basketball because I think the last minute of basketball is the most boring thing in sports. I would rather watch bowling or nascar. Baseball is really the only sport I watch on tv. I watch some nhl and all Sioux games I can.

Being cocky can bite you in the butt and that line out made Gomez look stupid. At least he still hit the ball hard. There is no silver lining for Cole. He just looks like a whiny little baby that can't handle when someone gets the better of him.

I guess my opinion is put up or shut up. If someone gets the better of you and gets a triple even though he did a batt flip and walked out of the box, then your only option is to get the better of him next time. Yelling at someone for being cocky right after he crushed a pitch off you just makes you look stupid and whiny.

Never threw his helmet at the pitcher. Just watched it again and come to the same conclusion. Nothing happens if Cole isn't a whiny little baby. Russell Martin also seems to be an idiot and caused the escalation to punches being thrown.

So it's perfectly OK for a hitter to take 40 seconds to round the bases a la David Ortiz, showboat by doing a cocky bat toss, preen to the crowd, pose, or moon-walk around the bases after hitting a dinger, but heaven forbid a pitcher take offense to any of that, lest he be branded a "whiny little baby"?

So it's perfectly OK for a hitter to take 40 seconds to round the bases a la David Ortiz, showboat by doing a cocky bat toss, preen to the crowd, pose, or moon-walk around the bases after hitting a dinger, but heaven forbid a pitcher take offense to any of that, lest he be branded a "whiny little baby"?

Back in the day if the pitcher took offense to something they'd plunk somebody. The would be preferable to running their mouth, just my opinion.

Back in the day if the pitcher took offense to something they'd plunk somebody. The would be preferable to running their mouth, just my opinion.

Totally down with that...I would have plunked Carlos right in the butt with a fastball next time up at the plate...

First of all, all that happened was he thought he hit a home run and flipped the bat and started a home run trot (happens with many home runs). Besides that, what is wrong with a slow home run trot, doing a bat toss, or preening for the crowd? The only thing hurt by that is the pitcher's pride. Is it also wrong for a goal scorer to celebrate in hockey or soccer or a guy who scores a touchdown to celebrate? I see nothing wrong with celebrating even if it's at the other team's expense. If the pitcher can't handle a little show boating then that is his problem and I think it's being a whiny little baby to start shouting at a guy because he got the better of you.

So yes, go ahead and run around the bases at whatever pace you want, flip the bat if you want, and pose for the cameras. No harm done unless the pitcher's psyche is too fragile for a little taunting.

Totally down with that...I would have plunked Carlos right in the butt with a fastball next time up at the plate...

And I would have done my best to strike him out the next time he was up instead of letting a great base runner on base for free and hurt my team's chance at winning to put a band-aide on my pride...

First of all, all that happened was he thought he hit a home run and flipped the bat and started a home run trot (happens with many home runs). Besides that, what is wrong with a slow home run trot, doing a bat toss, or preening for the crowd? The only thing hurt by that is the pitcher's pride. Is it also wrong for a goal scorer to celebrate in hockey or soccer or a guy who scores a touchdown to celebrate? I see nothing wrong with celebrating even if it's at the other team's expense. If the pitcher can't handle a little show boating then that is his problem and I think it's being a whiny little baby to start shouting at a guy because he got the better of you.

So yes, go ahead and run around the bases at whatever pace you want, flip the bat if you want, and pose for the cameras. No harm done unless the pitcher's psyche is too fragile for a little taunting.

I can only imagine Carlos Gomez's reaction to the very same pitcher giving him a "choke" sign or an umpire "punch-out" signal had CG struck out as opposed to hitting a ball off the top of the centerfield wall...I bet it wouldn't have looked any different...

I can only imagine Carlos Gomez's reaction to the very same pitcher giving him a "choke" sign or an umpire "punch-out" signal had CG struck out as opposed to hitting a ball off the top of the centerfield wall...I bet it wouldn't have looked any different...

I'm sure Gomez wouldn't take it very well and I would be just as critical of him, but he hasn't thrown a fit because somebody gave him a choke sign or whatever hypothetical you want to come up with. Cole has thrown a fit because of a taunt. I'm not saying what I am saying to defend Gomez. I'm saying it to call out Cole. If Cole can handle a little bit of taunting then nothing happens.

I'm sure Gomez wouldn't take it very well and I would be just as critical of him, but he hasn't thrown a fit because somebody gave him a choke sign or whatever hypothetical you want to come up with. Cole has thrown a fit because of a taunt. I'm not saying what I am saying to defend Gomez. I'm saying it to call out Cole. If Cole can handle a little bit of taunting then nothing happens.

But Gomez did throw a fit because Cole called him out and then turned around to walk back to the mound. If Cole wants to chirp Gomez, all Gomez has to do is stand on third and smirk. He doesn't have to lose his head. Players trash talk all the time, Gomez took it to another level, like he has a history of doing.